WWE 13 $29.99 at Target 4/28-5/4

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

This is on a temporary price drop (yellow tag) through Saturday and should be good at all Target locations.

Unlike many of the former THQ properties, 2K is keeping the online servers for this active. This game is still $60 at most retailers.

#2 Sonne

Sonne

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:27 AM

Awesome game, I've put over 40 hours into this- even with its flaws.

#3 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:31 AM

I agree. This game is really fun and one of the best wrestling games since WWE Here Comes The Pain. I have no lifed this game i have 130+ hours on this game according to Raptr.

#4 TheHelix

TheHelix

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:41 AM

I will cash in my money in the bank contract at CAG Rules. Be prepared!

#5 SmileyMcSmiles

SmileyMcSmiles

Coulrophobia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

Agreed. I got lucky during BF 2012 and grabbed it for $25. Awesome game! The most fun I've had playing a wrestling game since HCTP and even the AKI games on N64. Definitely the best WWE game released in quite some time.

If you were a fan of WWF during the Attitude era, this game is a MUST have.

#6 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:28 AM

Are the servers still online? When I tried to connect I got an error message.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#7 vwk

vwk

Lost Planet Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

would amazon price match this???

vwkiller1412.jpg

#8 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:26 PM

Unless this is on target.com then no.

#9 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Are the servers still online? When I tried to connect I got an error message.

I played it online last night around 12:30am and after getting error messages for 5 min it finally let me play online. The Servers have been crap since launch.

#10 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:51 PM

I've been wanting this forever, but I'm tempted to just hold out for <$20, or until 14 comes out...

#11 Ric Flair

Ric Flair

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Waiting for a further price drop. Attitude Mode is the only part of the game that interests me. These recent WWE games are more like fighting games rather than wrestling games.

#12 SevereTireDamage

SevereTireDamage

Broken-$$$$ed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:00 PM

The game has always had online connection issues, but as everyone said, you're getting this for the great Attitude Era historical reenactment campaign. If you have any familiarity with that era, easily worth the $30 IMO.

#13 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

I've been wanting this forever, but I'm tempted to just hold out for <$20, or until 14 comes out...

You better hope for a BB sale then, as GS charges $30 for 2011 & $35 for WWE 12.

Amazon doesn't have the older ones in stock anymore, but they have some third party vendors selling it fairly cheap.

#14 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thanks hitman. Been wanting to play a new wrestling game and this was the price I was waiting on for WWE 13.

#15 Darth Indy

Darth Indy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:35 AM

Been waiting and waiting and waiting for this game to hit PSN.... Still waiting.

#16 Perfect*Ending

Perfect*Ending

Cute Kelly

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 02:51 AM

Anyone who buys this game should be for Attitude Era mode and the roster. This is not the game to play online: Crap servers, lag, lame players. Whether or not you can connect online is by a flip of the coin. :)
Posted Image
Best in the World!

New Acronyms:
MSRP = Many Stupid Ridiculous Prices
SAD = Shitty Ass Deal

If you have a PS3, but are not gamesharing, you're doing it wrong.
Get a $60 game on day one for as low as $10?! :hot:
http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=339425

#17 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:51 AM

Anyone who buys this game should be for Attitude Era mode and the roster. This is not the game to play online: Crap servers, lag, lame players. Whether or not you can connect online is by a flip of the coin. :)

Another problem with the online is everyone using a hacked move set to either freeze you or instant pin you.

#18 Zolor23

Zolor23

Hey there.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:59 AM

Well, I won't have those hacking lame player problems because I'm only playing with some friends. I heard it's a great game. I'll go check out my Target soon

#19 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 05:43 AM

Well, I won't have those hacking lame player problems because I'm only playing with some friends. I heard it's a great game. I'll go check out my Target soon

Thats what I do me and two of my friends just play private matches and if we ever want to play match types with more than 3 wrestlers we just add A.I's to fill those spots in online matches.

#20 Stinker101

Stinker101

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:14 PM

Thank you, just picked one up last night. Although it was marked 59.99 it rang up at 29.99.

#21 Ensoul

Ensoul

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:58 PM

May have to pick this game up for that price!

Question, how is the AI in this game? Even on the hardest levels in the previous games it was not much of a challenge.

#22 Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

Deadpool 3.0

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:21 PM

Been playing this series from the start and to be honest WWE 13 seems glitched compared to the rest of them.

Not always, but several times when I played it online people glitched on purpose and a few other things some strange things happened that shouldn't.

If it didn't have those minor things it would be one of my favorite games. Its still fun and always was to me.

People might as well buy it if they want it or just wait on WWE 14 at this point.

deadpool_signature_by_hsalpihw-d38xyht.p

#23 BlueSwim

BlueSwim

Tech-Gaming.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:05 PM

No disrespect intended to those who enjoyed it, but WWE '13 is, at best, a half-baked, incomplete product. The list of problems, glitches, and issues with WWE '13 just goes on and on; the "No Two-Counts" glitch, the "Unresponsive Character/Infinite Running" glitch, bad character models for some people, etc. The game needed way more time in the oven. As a hardcore wrestling game fan (own about 80 wrestling games, modern and retro, domestic and imported), I would not recommend WWE '13 to anyone but the most desperate WWE/wrestling fan as it stands today.

You would be much better off grabbing the PS2 Classics re-release of Fire Pro Wrestling Returns, which is only $10 on PSN.

Edited by BlueSwim, 02 May 2013 - 09:50 PM.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=2266
Menage a 3 - It's like Archie without the bullshit.

http://www.cheapassg...&pictureid=7899
Eerie Cuties - Vampires in high school. Don't worry, no sparkling.

Posted Image
Twitter - Bitter. Spiteful. Funky.

#24 derrtaysouth95

derrtaysouth95

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

No game is going to be perfect. I did enjoy this game however and feel it's a good buy for a fan of late 90's wrestling and current fans.

I liked this game prolly the most since PS2's Here Comes The Pain. And yes I've played every single game in-between.

I bought mine new at Gamestop after Christmas...it was marked down to $29.99 on a two-day sale I had seen mentioned here.

#25 Mostly Human

Mostly Human

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:54 PM

pinning is the worst thing about the game. the button mashing to kick out was better instead of the dumb moving bar. I played through the Attitude era without finding any glitches then traded it in for more than I paid.