Mass Effect Trilogy $39.99 (PS3 & 360) at Amazon

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#1 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:05 AM

Eligible for free shipping as well for those like me who don't have Prime.

PS3:
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

360:
http://www.amazon.co...aw_bottom_links

DLC Info:
http://www.examiner....rings-explained

Edited by ItsKayJayBee, 08 May 2013 - 03:34 AM.

#2 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

Might be new MSRP

#3 Sindroam

Sindroam

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:16 AM

I believe Origin had it for $30. I'll wait until it gets closer to $15. The ending has me a little worried, thus, I'll wait until it's pretty cheap.

#4 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:17 AM

so hard to resist....uuuggh

TheFurryPanda.png

#5 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:22 AM

Might be new MSRP

Still showing as 33% off so I don't think so, maybe slow updating though.

I jumped on it, had some credit.

#6 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:32 AM

Never been into ME, are these all the games or are there four total?

#7 canedaddy

canedaddy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:36 AM

It's all three games plus a lot of the DLC.

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.
Posted Image

#8 HeightsBound

HeightsBound

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

I just ordered it. I was planning on waiting for it to get cheaper but I have a bunch of credit burning a hole in my pocket, couldn't resist. Thanks OP.

Ok so I'll jump on this then, PM @ BB coming up!

#9 Chrono Gear

Chrono Gear

For the Horde!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

Never been into ME, are these all the games or are there four total?

Most trilogies are three parts...

#10 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:40 AM

Most trilogies are three parts.

QFT *chuckles*

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Dragon Fantasy book 2, :3ds: Link's Awakening, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#11 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:49 AM

Wait i thought the dlcs arent included?

#12 LazyTriangle

LazyTriangle

flashbang dance

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

meh waiting for this to hit $20, I've got the first two games for $5 each on pc download and just grabbed ME3 for free with a rebate earlier today so I'm in no rush to grab the PS3 version

AnQAzfm.png

#13 louiedog

louiedog

20 minutes into the future

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

Most trilogies are three parts...

Sure, but in his defense there are a lot of franchises like Assassin's Creed, Hitman, Prince of Persia, Splinter Cell, Tomb Raider etc. where there are three related games marketed in one package as a trilogy, but with a much wider franchise out there. Then there's the Gears of War Triple Pack which had 2 games. No they didn't say trilogy, but it was a misleading move after they started talking about Gears 3.

#14 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:07 AM

great games, worth $40 a piece I'd say. For $39.99 its a steal!

#15 The Furry Panda

The Furry Panda

Bravest Warrior

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

great games, worth $40 a piece I'd say. For $39.99 its a steal!

dont say that....ur hurting me

TheFurryPanda.png

#16 Meow mix

Meow mix

10 million hours!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Having never played any of these games, I do plan on picking up the Trilogy. However, I think it will get much cheaper than stated price.

Either way, which system should I go for this set? I am quite partial to PS3, but have been wanting something to at least fire up my 360.

Completed Game Tab: 2013 , 2014

Video Game Spending: 2014

"Fire Chaos Style, Kitchen Fist uber secret move! Hot Hot Sensitive Tongue Slash! Kiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!" - Mr. Champloo Disgaea 3

#17 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:11 AM

Must buy for anyone at this price. Best game franchise ever!!!

#18 The Prize Fighter Inferno

The Prize Fighter Inferno

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

That's a bit of a stretch, especially for the 360 version. IIRC, it includes only "Bring Down the Sky" from the first game.

#19 mrclutch

mrclutch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:13 AM

Having never played any of these games, I do plan on picking up the Trilogy. However, I think it will get much cheaper than stated price.

Either way, which system should I go for this set? I am quite partial to PS3, but have been wanting something to at least fire up my 360.

You get more DLC for ME 2 on the PS3 version. 3 extra DLC missions . All of which are good to great. So if you prefer the ps3 already it's a no brainer to go that route.

#20 GamerDude316

GamerDude316

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

Yeah, I'd go for PS3. You get more ME2 DLC included and from what I've heard ME1 has sharper graphics on PS3. I have the series on 360 and have loved it but if you prefer PS3 this wont disappoint.

#21 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

Added a link to an article which explains what DLC comes with what version for those wondering.

#22 Naterrs

Naterrs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:35 AM

I'm on the fence about buying this, will the price drop again or is this about as low as it will go? Also unsure of which system to buy it for, I didn't know what the article meant when it said "The Xbox 360 version will include all DLC that came with the original games – Cerberus Network with Mass Effect 2 and Mass Effect 3 remains unchanged as well." Does that mean only Cerberus Network and no other DLC? I'd like having more DLC so I'm leaning towards the PS3 version, but I've heard the Xbox version outperforms it, anybody know for sure?

#23 anotherpoorgamer

anotherpoorgamer

Bird's Nest Hair

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yeah, I'm on the fence as well. I have Mass Effect on my 360 backlog. I also have Mass Effect 2 on my PS3 backlog. I already opened ME 2 and redeemed the Cerberus/DLC.

So it is basically $40 for Mass Effect 1 and 3 for the PS3 or ME 2 and 3 for the 360 for me.

I'm leaning towards the PS3 version since I have a 120 GB Elite 360. I was banking on the rumored slimmer 360 to be a standalone model, still a chance.

#24 aircobra

aircobra

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:09 AM

The PS3 version has the most DLC. I'm getting it so I can play through the series on the PS3 (already did on the 360).

#25 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 05:48 AM

I'm on the fence about buying this, will the price drop again or is this about as low as it will go?

I'm in the same predicament. Does anyone know if EA bundled three games like this before? I'm going to guess that eventually the price may hit $30, and that'll probably be the time I'll bite. I owned Mass Effect 1 and 2 for the 360 but only managed to play through part of the first one and wound up selling both of them to Gamestop since the trilogy with some of the DLC included was announced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the first Mass Effect on the PS3 supposed to have "better" graphics because it was designed with the Mass Effect 2 engine or something like that? Either way, I'd like to own this on the PS3 since it's my primary system while I like to use my 360 for FPSes and sports games.

RayeKasai.png

#26 Enuf

Enuf

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:39 AM

Wow this price has held like ME2 for PS3 when it was 1st released. I was tempted to buy this for $40 @ BB about 3 weeks after release so I'll wait. It's well stocked no need to rush $30 or less.

#27 granturismo

granturismo

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:38 AM

nope, backlogs as they are, a deal would need to be a lot more temping for a game so old

#28 mikepeluso

mikepeluso

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

So if I already own all three games on Xbox 360 then there is no real reason to buy this because there would be nothing new I don't have?
Thanks

#29 Johnnybeachboy

Johnnybeachboy

Need a CHEAP PS VITA

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:22 PM

I bought it @ $30 because I wanted ME1, its $15 on the PSN store......

#30 Beorach

Beorach

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

I hated the controls for the 360 version of the original Mass Effect. Can anyone who has played this version speak to the controls between that one and the two sequels, please? ME2 hit the sweet spot whether it was the 360/PS3 but all I can remember of the first one was how horrible I thought wrestling with the controls was (but not much for specifics as it has been a very long time since I played it now)...