Pre-order Dragon's Crown ($50 PS3, $40 Vita), get a free 64-page artbook

• Please log in to reply
722 replies to this topic

#1 Zonic505

Zonic505

People read these?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

If you pre-order Dragon's Crown from "participating stores" (most likely the ones listed on the pre-order page, such as Amazon, GameStop, etc.), you'll get a free 64-page artbook:

gamestop_01.pnggamestop_02.png     eb1.jpgeb2.jpg     acom1.jpgacom2.jpg     aca1.jpgaca2.jpg     vgp1.jpgvgp2.jpg
bestbuy_01.pngbestbuy_02.png     frys_01.pngfrys_02.png     newegg_01.pngnewegg_02.png     target_01.pngtarget_02.png     walmart_01.pngwalmart_02.png   

Spoiler

The book includes illustrations of the characters, environments, and commissions from artists Akira Yasuda (Darkstalkers, Marvel vs. Capcom), Kinu Nishimura (Code of Princess, Virtue’s Last Reward), and Gouda Cheese AKA BENGUS (Super Street Fighter II, Darkstalkers).

The game will be available August 10th. Important thing to note is that you can only play online with people who have it for the same system you do, so you can't go online with your Vita to play with PS3 owners & vice versa. However, you can still transfer your saves if you own both versions of the game.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#2 SMBScooby

SMBScooby

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:12 AM

I doubt it but is this going to be cross-buy?

#3 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:15 AM

I doubt it but is this going to be cross-buy?

No

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#4 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:26 AM

I would be embarrassed to have such a thing in my house. What if a child was to see it?! This game is what is wrong with the video game industry! Ban this trash!

#5 jay_remedy

jay_remedy

Mila Kunis >

• Banned

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:51 AM

I would be embarrassed to have such a thing in my house. What if a child was to see it?! This game is what is wrong with the video game industry! Ban this trash!

I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, do I want this art book that bad? Hmmm.

jayremedy.png29kwg3s.gif

sig.gif

#6 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:52 AM

I hope this is sarcasm.

Anyways, do I want this art book that bad? Hmmm.

I think it is.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#7 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:55 AM

Goddamnit i placed a preorder

#8 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 12:58 AM

oh nice. I wonder if it'll be packed in with the game or sealed together like Demons Souls DE. have an old Newegg preorder for $37.99!

#9 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:00 AM

Yeah I'll probably get it.

p.s. It's okay to admit that the artwork is potentially problematic for some people while still enjoying it personally.

p.p.s. Boobs exist.
76561197996844513.png

#10 TheOpusFuller

TheOpusFuller

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

This actually looks pretty cool!

Any other CAGs getting this? Would be cool to group up and play multiplayer.

#11 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:10 AM

Yeah I'll probably get it.

p.s. It's okay to admit that the artwork is potentially problematic for some people while still enjoying it personally.

p.p.s. Boobs exist.

Gigantic. Monstrous. Ultrasized. Humongous. Unnecessarily Large.

You know...

Tits!

#12 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:24 AM

Doesnt say anything about it on Amazon? Can't do it at Gamestop, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to update
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Doesnt say anything about it on Amazon? Can't do it at Gamestop, so I guess I'll have to wait for them to update

Amazon updated all of my preorders in the past if any bonuses came up. I didnt have to do cancel and reorder.

I preordered Soul Sacrifice way before any preorder bonuses were announced, and I still got the codes heh..

#14 SgtWiggles

SgtWiggles

Artist formally known as dgwillia

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:31 AM

Eh, I still remember the Zero Escape watch fiasco. I'd rather wait until its shown as a bonus
Posted ImagePosted Image

#15 Gosha

Gosha

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:42 AM

I think I'll just play it safe and get this from Amazon.

#16 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:45 AM

i envy the buyers who locked in the price at $30 on amazon when it was first announced. i cant wait for this game.

Kenji_Cero.png

#17 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

i envy the buyers who locked in the price at $30 on amazon when it was first announced. i cant wait for this game.

I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.

#18 darkhado666

darkhado666

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:52 AM

The thing I don't like about this is, is that gamestop and amazon don't even list the pre-order bonus.
Posted Image

#19 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

Don't be too jealous, only a very select few people who took it up with CS will be getting that price. Amazon cancelled all of the $30 preorders ages ago.

It does seem like a pretty clear violation of their own price guarantee policy but, eh, what are ya gonna do.
76561197996844513.png

#20 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:53 AM

I remember I did, but now it was as if I never pre-ordered. Its like they removed the listing and relisted or something and voided my pre-order.
Because I KNOW I preordered a long time ago.

Exactly, anybody else???????

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#21 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:54 AM

Don't since the order disappeared from my account, for sure.

#22 cero5

cero5

Yuno Gasai is one crazy B****

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Yeah i heard that amazon canceled all orders but alot of people complained and the majority got them to honor the price.

Kenji_Cero.png

#23 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:03 AM

When was this? I am only noticing that my order vanished when I saw this art book pre order bonus. And I searched through my amazon and newegg preorders and came up with nothing. Who do I complain to. $20 is a big deal.

#24 ger2396

ger2396

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:11 AM

Good, newegg is on the list. Preordered this game when it had the $10 discount, and now I also get the art book. Nice

#25 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

When was this? I am only noticing that my order vanished when I saw this art book pre order bonus. And I searched through my amazon and newegg preorders and came up with nothing. Who do I complain to. $20 is a big deal.

Email I got 3-28-12

Hello,

We're writing to let you know the items listed below will not be released by the supplier on the expected date. As a result, we cancelled them from your order and your credit card wasn't charged.

Dragon's Crown

We're sorry for any inconvenience or disappointment this may have caused.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com

Please note: this e-mail was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming e-mail. Please do not reply to this message.

76561197996844513.png

#26 Japakneez

Japakneez

You are big foo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

Yes, Newegg seems to be included :)

#27 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:39 AM

I never got an e-mail like that. But you are saying I could argue a case and get it ordered again for the original price I preordered with before?

#28 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:47 AM

The order disappeared from my account too, but I still had the initial email. Got on live chat, gave them the order#, and they told me it was because it changed publishers and was a different company, so essentially it was a different product.. or something to that effect.

Anyway, they still honored the PS3 version for $29.99 without any hassle. :D

#29 MaximusDM

MaximusDM

What is a man!?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:52 AM

What a bummer, I had long deleted those e-mails. LUCKILY I dug through newegg and I actually DO have a preorder with them for $38. So not a total loss. But still. I know for a fact I had that at $30 at Amazon. I'm just glad I never canceled the newegg order.

#30 Neuropod

Neuropod

Fine work, skeleton!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 02:54 AM

The order disappeared from my account too, but I still had the initial email. Got on live chat, gave them the order#, and they told me it was because it changed publishers and was a different company, so essentially it was a different product.. or something to that effect.

Anyway, they still honored the PS3 version for $29.99 without any hassle. :D

I guess I need to try it too then. I'm a CAG, $20 is a big deal. :) Still not going to get my hopes up but maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

Edit: Mind sharing exactly how you got them to comply? I want to go in prepared.
76561197996844513.png