• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

http://moviehole.net...urliveanotherda

Above link has everything you need to know so far.

Edited by fatmanforlife99, 14 May 2013 - 01:46 AM.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#2 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:37 AM

Wait what happened in the end again?

He pulled something like in the end of the Dark Knight right?

I seriously dont remember. And it ended in 2010? Time sure flies fast heh..

#3 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

:pray:
Posted Image

#4 Erad30

Erad30

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:14 AM

I loved 24, but it was past its prime when it ended, bringing it back seems like a real desperation move.

Blog is on hiatus but check out both Screensnark & Gamesided for my latest writings!

Gamertag/PSN: Eradicator31

Wii U: Eradicator30

#5 ID2006

ID2006

"Klaymen, up here!"

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hmm... first they were making a theatrical film. Then, they changed it to a tv film and continued the series. Then, they were back on track to make the theater film. Again, that got put on suspension.

Now they're making more of the tv series? I mean, I'll probably watch whatever they put out, while pining for the days of old, but if they don't finish it with a real ending this time, I'll be pretty annoyed.

*Series Finale Spoilers*
Spoiler

#6 Ather

Ather

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Maybe end it with the ultimate controversy: Jack fails. Show he isn't an unstoppable superhero. Even he has limits and can only do so much.

#7 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 03:55 PM

Don't read this if you have NOT watched the entire 8th season.

Spoiler

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#8 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

Updated the title and op.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#9 detectiveconan16

detectiveconan16

Look at that deal. It's so great!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2013 - 09:53 PM

It's only back because Fox decided to give up on Touch. It had some potential but they just couldn't market the show properly could they. If it was a CBS show, it'd probably be in its third season by now.

Braving the pillow gauntlet.

Posted Image

#10 pitfallharry219

pitfallharry219

It's go time

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:26 PM

It's official now. It'll be back in May 2014 for 12 episodes, titled "24: Live Another Day".

#11 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:42 PM

Is the clock going to count down twice as fast?

I think this is an excellent idea by Fox but I'd much prefer a brand-new 12 episode show with a beginning, middle and end. I'd watch the crap out of shows like that. Imagine if Heroes was set up this way and they condensed the first season into 12 tight episodes wrapping up all of the loose ends and had Sylar die in the epic finale. We would be talking about Heroes as though it was the best thing ever to air on TV.

If characters became super-popular and the networks wanted to milk it (like they always do) they could do spin-offs in the same format instead of just ordering more of the same.

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#12 cbulas1

cbulas1

Posted 13 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Wow- I am excited for this!
Posted Image

#13 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 03:45 PM

It's official now. It'll be back in May 2014 for 12 episodes, titled "24: Live Another Day".

Good thing I didn't throw down for the "complete" series box set!

#14 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 13 May 2013 - 05:00 PM

Is the clock going to count down twice as fast?

I think this is an excellent idea by Fox but I'd much prefer a brand-new 12 episode show with a beginning, middle and end. I'd watch the crap out of shows like that. Imagine if Heroes was set up this way and they condensed the first season into 12 tight episodes wrapping up all of the loose ends and had Sylar die in the epic finale. We would be talking about Heroes as though it was the best thing ever to air on TV.

If characters became super-popular and the networks wanted to milk it (like they always do) they could do spin-offs in the same format instead of just ordering more of the same.

They are skipping hours.

The heads of Fox and FX are both pushing miniseries so you should see more stuff like you are describing.

#15 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

It's good to see that they're realizing that shorter, tighter seasons provide for a much better series. Some of the best shows on TV right now are the ones that are doing this. Dexter, everything on HBO, Breaking Bad, etc. are all much better series for eliminating much of the "filler episode" garbage that (mostly) major network programming has. I like the mentioning of Heroes above because that's definitely a show that only suffered because of the long, drawn out seasons.

Around half way through 24's original run, season 4-6ish, they had lost me completely but seasons 7 and 8 were both fantastic so I'm looking forward to seeing the next step they'll take.

#16 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I loved 24, but it was past its prime when it ended, bringing it back seems like a real desperation move.

This.

#17 keithp

keithp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

I'm looking forward to Jack kicking more ass. Hopefully the new format is good, since it's not really 24 anymore now.

#18 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

As enjoyable as 24 was, it certainly had its ups and downs.

I do think that this is a desperation move and probably is due to Keifer Sutherland being locked up in a contract until 2014 for what might have been Touch S3, though I'll wait and see if this doesn't suck as bad as it could.

#19 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 09:42 PM

I loved how some episodes would open up with:

”the bomb will go off in exactly ONE hour.” -terrorist

#20 sp00ge

sp00ge

Fluggaenkoecchicebolsen!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 May 2013 - 10:14 PM

I'll take this over the originally planned movie. 13 episodes still throws the whole thing off, but at least it's not 24 hours crammed into 2-3 hours.

Bored? Too much money than you know what to do with? Why not check out my Amazon Storefront? If you see anything you want, send me a PM! Make an offer, either monetary or trade! Over 2000 items, and more added daily!

#21 kodave

kodave

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 12:50 AM

It's kind of hard to go back and watch any of the previous seasons of 24 in full. 24 hour long episodes are a lot to take in, and even in the good seasons, not all 24 of those hours were worth watching. Cutting that in half will result in a much tighter story while still retaining most of the "clock countdown" effect.

#22 Kay_Faraday

Kay_Faraday

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:05 AM

Never seen 24 but i'll watch it during summer break. It's going to take forever to finish 8 seasons.......

#23 fatmanforlife99

fatmanforlife99

I TRAIN UFC BRO

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 01:29 AM

Never seen 24 but i'll watch it during summer break. It's going to take forever to finish 8 seasons.......

Not really, since tv sucks these days you could watch a lot of episodes very quickly. Netflix has all 8 seasons on instant streaming or you could stream it for free from plenty of sites. I am watching the series again for the 4th time and started last month and I started season 6 today.

Edit:updated the op.

Edited by fatmanforlife99, 14 May 2013 - 01:48 AM.

Black Ops SUCKS!!!

#24 UncleBob

UncleBob

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

Wow. The official Facebook page posted this and it's gotten 220,000+ likes in six hours.

I wonder if a good enough response would convince them to make it a 24 episode season.
"The ultimate weakness of violence is that it is a descending spiral, begetting the very thing it seeks to destroy, instead of diminishing evil, it multiplies it."

#25 Angry Man

Angry Man

REV-OH-LU-TION!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:12 AM

It's kind of hard to go back and watch any of the previous seasons of 24 in full. 24 hour long episodes are a lot to take in, and even in the good seasons, not all 24 of those hours were worth watching. Cutting that in half will result in a much tighter story while still retaining most of the "clock countdown" effect.

Exactly. "24" is one of those shows where there's too many episodes per season so we end up with a ton of bloat during the season to pad things out. If one were to cut the bloat from each season you could end up with 12 episodes total with each episode covering 2 hours of the day.

New sig coming soon.

#26 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

An amusing read, since it's a Jack Bauer version of the venerable "Chuck Norris is so tough" type of stuff:

http://www.notrly.co...x.php?topthirty

#27 dmaul1114

dmaul1114

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

Exactly. "24" is one of those shows where there's too many episodes per season so we end up with a ton of bloat during the season to pad things out. If one were to cut the bloat from each season you could end up with 12 episodes total with each episode covering 2 hours of the day.

Yep. There are few 20+ episode serial drama series that don't end up having a lot of fluff. Lost got a bit better when they dropped down to 18 episodes or whatever. 12 seems like a good number for a 24 season.

3DS Friend Code: 2595-0524-8826

Bluray Collection
DVD Collection