Ways to extend Best buy RZ certificate.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Xellos2099

Xellos2099

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

I got a problem. I got a $20 best buy RZ certificate that's going to expire in like 4 days. Is there a best method for me to extend it? I heard story where if I preorder something online and then cancel it work, is it true?

#2 Squarehard

Squarehard

Posted 14 May 2013 - 10:48 PM

You can do that, or buy something, and return.

Basically when they give it back to you after it's used they have to reissue it as a new certificate, so you have options on how you want to do it.
Posted Image

#3 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 04:52 PM

Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?

If you buy something and return it, you'll get a return charged against your DL #, so you don't want to accumulate too many of those or you'll be banned against returns.

If you do a pre-order and cancel it, you should get back another RZ cert, or the same for a buy and return.

Edited by shrike4242, 20 May 2013 - 09:02 PM.

#4 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:36 PM

Why don't you just buy something there that you might *gasp* actually use?

Tsk tsk shrike, how long have you been on CAG? ;)

Posted Image

#5 sgand

sgand

Aim for the flaptop

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Maybe things have changed, because last year when I returned something I used a cert on, the points went back into my account unattached to a cert.

#6 SlammedNiss

SlammedNiss

Mine hits the ground!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:41 PM

Some of us prefer to shop elsewhere. The last time I used a RZ certificate, I bought an Amazon g.c. I currently have 2 certificates available, but don't know the next time I'll be close enough to a BB (I live about an hour to the nearest one) to use them, so this information is actually pretty useful.

#7 ColFantastic

ColFantastic

Ranking Officer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

I returned a purchase that I used my BB RZ certificate on a month or so ago and it reset the timer for the certificate. That's the only way that I know to extend certificate expiration dates.

#8 247

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:50 PM

Not sure if this works. Buy something online for in store pickup and cancel it right away, if you can't cancel then wait the 7 days and you should get your certificate back.