Photo
- - - - -

PS+ Card Sale | $16.99 for 3 months ($1 off) / $44.99 for 12 months ($5 off)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 polity

polity

Dear Leader

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:22 PM

Although this was mentioned in the PSN Card Sale towards the end of the comments, no links were provided.

3 month PS+ $16.99 +Free Shipping

http://www.bestbuy.c... card&cp=1&lp=5

12 month PS+ 44.99 +Free Shipping

http://www.bestbuy.c... card&cp=1&lp=6

Edited by polity, 22 May 2013 - 03:25 PM.
add free shipping

YLOD. 2.13.13

#2 Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:38 PM

all these psn/ps+ card sales around the day Xbox one is announced lol

#3 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Thanks for posting this! I'll probably jump on this instead of the GameStop deal for the RZ points.

#4 renebasketball

renebasketball

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:33 PM

Any idea how long these sales are up?

#5 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:57 PM

Only reason to do this is if you can't buy any more $20 cards or $50 PSN cards because you hit the limit as it is a better deal to use those cards and buy subs through the SEN store. You get a $20 card for 18.50 which gives you 50 cents more off for just spending $1.50 more for $1.50 in leftover for your wallet after buying 3 months. Or you can buy a $50 card at the same % off as a one year of PS+, but you have the freedom to use it for wallet funds instead of PS+ so you can hold onto it for later in case they have a PS+ sale again through the SEN store or use it to buy games if you decide you don't want PS+ anymore after your current sub ends.

Guardian_owl.png

#6 Jesse_Dylan

Jesse_Dylan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

I'm confused.

#7 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Spend $17 for 3 months, save $1.
Buy $20 card for $18.50, spend $18 in credit to buy 3 months from within the store at full price, have $2 left over in credit which you purchased by spending $1.50 more. So you pay $1 more on the store for 3 months, but you make up for that by saving getting an extra $0.50 in credit. A net gain of +0.50 for spending $1.50 more to get $2 extra in credit.

Spend $45 for 1 year, save $5
Spend $45 for $50 in credit, save $5, buy the full year of PSN from within the store for $50, same cost. The only difference is, if your PS+ subscription is not currently up, if you buy the PSN card instead of the 1 year card, if the PS+ is ever on sale on the PSN you can get a double discount. Say 6 months from now they are offering the "spend $50 from wallet get $10 back" again. So you take that $50 card which you bought for $45, and use it to buy PS+ for $50 from within the store and then get $10 back for a net savings of $5+$10=$15.

Or say your PS+ subscription is about to expire in 6 months and Sony has inexplicably changed PS+ to a cheese of the month club, if you bought the PS+ card, you are already locked in and have no choice, but if you bought the $50 PSN wallet card and let it sit in your wallet you have the option to spend it on something other than PS+ in the future.

Guardian_owl.png

#8 Vanacloud

Vanacloud

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:09 PM

all these psn/ps+ card sales around the day Xbox one is announced lol

Not to mention they released a blurry video on how the PS4 will look like... 12 hours before the xbox one conference lol

#9 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:17 PM

Not to mention they released a blurry video on how the PS4 will look like... 12 hours before the xbox one conference lol

True, but the XBOX One is getting hit with a lot of speculation and rumors before the console's release. A lot of people don't like the voice activation/camera thing. Could be an invasion of privacy. Plus, could be a myth, but it does set the system up for always on DRM, and there's no backward compatibility for 360 titles, which is complete BS.

Sony unveiled the PS4 prototype at the Tokyo Game Conference already, so that's kind of old news.

My Signature Doesn't Work With Images

#10 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:41 PM

Don't forget that it blocks used games unless you pay a fee, and every game is a mandatory install to the system and can only be accessed through one Live account. So much for lending games to friends.

Oh, and the online check-in every 24 hours is beyond stupid.

#11 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Spend $45 for 1 year, save $5
Spend $45 for $50 in credit, save $5, buy the full year of PSN from within the store for $50, same cost. The only difference is, if your PS+ subscription is not currently up, if you buy the PSN card instead of the 1 year card, if the PS+ is ever on sale on the PSN you can get a double discount. Say 6 months from now they are offering the "spend $50 from wallet get $10 back" again. So you take that $50 card which you bought for $45, and use it to buy PS+ for $50 from within the store and then get $10 back for a net savings of $5+$10=$15.

Or say your PS+ subscription is about to expire in 6 months and Sony has inexplicably changed PS+ to a cheese of the month club, if you bought the PS+ card, you are already locked in and have no choice, but if you bought the $50 PSN wallet card and let it sit in your wallet you have the option to spend it on something other than PS+ in the future.

Hmm, so doing the Gamestop deal with the $10 credit is my best bet if my PS+ expires this week? Can't see paying for it in 3 month increments with the price difference.

True, but the XBOX One is getting hit with a lot of speculation and rumors before the console's release. A lot of people don't like the voice activation/camera thing. Could be an invasion of privacy. Plus, could be a myth, but it does set the system up for always on DRM, and there's no backward compatibility for 360 titles, which is complete BS.

I wouldn't call what you said speculation when it was stated by various MS reps throughout the day after the announcement.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#12 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:07 AM

yep, gamestop would be the best deal if you need to re-up PS+ pretty soon
-5/50 = 10% off and -10/60 = 16.7% off

Guardian_owl.png

#13 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:54 AM

I always doubt my math on these things, guess I'll swing by one tomorrow.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List