• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 PatelKing

PatelKing

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

Borrowed from SD....

Skyrim Legendary Hardcover guide is up for preorder at bestbuy.com for $50. Steps to get it for $25:

1. Need to be a Gamers club member
2. Log into RZ and go to gamers club offers and find the one for 50% off strategy guides
3. Click on bestbuy.com and it will redirect to bestbuy.com
4. Change sort order from high price to low price
5. Add to cart, sign in and proceed to checkout
6. Price will then reduce to $25
7. Complete checkout (don't forget to choose free expedited shipping if you are RZ silver)

Shortcut beginning at step 4: best buy 50% off guides

I placed an order and it went through fine. Enjoy.

Edit 5/26: Coupon is now expired.

Edited by PatelKing, 26 May 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#2 bilbobagins3

bilbobagins3

HHH Buries Everyone!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:32 AM

Nice OP! I think I will still roll the dice and hope Amazon gets close to that price in the next 10 days or so. I have enough credit there to get it with nothing out of pocket but $6 is $6 I will be kind of bummed if Amazon stays at 32.50 and I didn't pull the trigger on this but oh well.

#3 rydall

rydall

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

Thanks! Got the Legendary paper back for $15

RYDALL4.png

#4 lyric706

lyric706

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:36 AM

Great find, OP! Thanks!
Posted Image

My Wii Code: 7844-6016-8449-5878
My 3DS Code: 3652-0542-1811

Now playing: Skylanders, Madden 12, Batman: Arkham City :360:; Uncharted 3 :ps3:

#5 warboss zorbag

warboss zorbag

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:44 AM

A good deal, but it just seems like so much to pay after years of penny guide fun at best buy and game stop .

#6 iamsmart

iamsmart

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:55 AM

Oh HELL YES. Thanks OP, placed an order, hopefully it will go through without a hitch.

A good deal, but it just seems like so much to pay after years of penny guide fun at best buy and game stop .

Personally, I'm taking the "collector's" view on picking this up now... The Fallout 3 GOTY Collector's Edition ended up being a bit hard to find and now fetches a decent price; it's possible this one might do the same. Also, I just love Skyrim.

#7 invincibleaggre

invincibleaggre

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:26 AM

Neat! Bioshock: Infinite game guide is in there too! Great find! Thanks op!

My Signature Doesn't Work With Images

#8 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:28 AM

Good find, OP.

154512.png

:360: Child of Light / FIFA 14

:3ds: Fire Emblem: Awakening

:ps3: Resistance Trilogy

:ps4: Watch Dogs

jionekanji.png

#9 notremiss

notremiss

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:42 AM

Nice, great find OP. Was able to cancel my Amazon preorder that was $32.49 and also was able to use some reward zone certificates on this. Also, anyone having trouble getting a second guide with this promotion? It doesn't say anywhere that it is limited to one purchase but I can't get a Bioshock guide to reflect the discounted price.

#10 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:01 AM

Nice, great find OP. Was able to cancel my Amazon preorder that was $32.49 and also was able to use some reward zone certificates on this. Also, anyone having trouble getting a second guide with this promotion? It doesn't say anywhere that it is limited to one purchase but I can't get a Bioshock guide to reflect the discounted price.

Try a different web browser; if that doesn't work, try clearing your cache (not sure of the exact process) and see if that fixes it.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#11 kilik64

kilik64

Carefree, Wherever We May Be

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Nice. Ordered.

2 lithos, CE of the game (minus the game, rebuy the legendary edition with DLC) and now this guide.
Spent way too much on this game...

rcerboss bet his CAG card and lost, and now wont leave. 

http://www.cheapassg...te-september-9/

#12 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:20 AM

Anyone ever order guides from BB.com? When I buy games or movies, they come in bubble mailers. I wouldn't want my guide coming in one of those; it'd be damaged for sure. Amazon is a guarantee that it's packed well.

#13 Reraise

Reraise

No Sale, No Buy!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:29 AM

They just cant be in the same transaction. I got Starcraft CE, last of us CE and Skyrim CE . Just had to do them one at a time.

Edit: the guides ive received so far have come in HUGE boxes. So big the guide bounces around inside, which damaged the corners.

#14 hiljay

hiljay

Super Aggro CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:30 AM

hell yea great find OP. i didn't even realize that i had reward zone certs - final price was $5 and change.

3DS FC:  1091 8995 8627

PSN:  neiljoy

XBL:  neiljoy

Steam:  hiljay

have a day. 

#15 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:31 AM

Anyone ever order guides from BB.com? When I buy games or movies, they come in bubble mailers. I wouldn't want my guide coming in one of those; it'd be damaged for sure. Amazon is a guarantee that it's packed well.

It's over 1000 pages so I am banking it is too heavy for a bubble mailer.

xivpads.png

#16 mars009

mars009

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:37 AM

Tempting, but must resist!!!

#17 Asgardian

Asgardian

Crazy Ass Game Collector

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:41 AM

Nice OP! Had a couple of rz cert, knocked it down to $10! Thanks!
Have a good read of the awesome FAQ by AtlanteanMan.
Posted Image
Then post in the DAISENRYAKU PERFECT HD Suggestion Thread and Information Page:
http://community.us..../thread/3416427
Show your support to bring this awesome strategy title to North America!

#18 proKoyeon

proKoyeon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:57 AM

in for 1, thanks

#19 Gamer SDP

Gamer SDP

not much of a gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:42 AM

I think a CAG in the BB offers thread posted before SD.

anyway first time I got to use a RZ cert to fully cover a purchase (but it doesn't make it free)!

#20 doc_j88

doc_j88

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

Thanks OP

Got one!

#21 Raye

Raye

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Edit: the guides ive received so far have come in HUGE boxes. So big the guide bounces around inside, which damaged the corners.

Boo. I'd be really bothered if the guides got damaged. Damned OCD. Guess I'll just hold out for Amazon.
Posted Image

#22 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:17 AM

FYI, you can always go to a local BBY, check their copies of this guide, and exchange your shipped guide with a better-condition guide if you get a damaged one, so long as you have the receipt.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Braid; Bulletstorm; MGS2 HD [Snake Tales]  :vita: Limbo; Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [7/10]: :vita: Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed (4.5/5)

Last Watched Film [7/10]: One Piece: Strong World (superb animation, awesome battles)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#23 Makarov

Makarov

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:33 PM

Is this guide an updated version of the first strategy guide that came out close to Skyrim's release, or a whole new deal? I got a hardcover strat guide addiction so I'll probably get it unless its the same thing.

#24 shivan128

shivan128

CAG at heart

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:50 PM

thanks OP! Now to get the legendary version of this game. Anyone know if they ever patched the autosave bug on PS3?

edaa9c273976.png

My tradelist: http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=301364

Currently Playing:  :vita: Sorcery Saga, :3ds: N/A, :360: DDP SDOJ, :ps3: Rocksmith 2014, :ps4: Dynasty Warriors 8

#25 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:56 PM

Is this guide an updated version of the first strategy guide that came out close to Skyrim's release, or a whole new deal? I got a hardcover strat guide addiction so I'll probably get it unless its the same thing.

It is a third revision with all dlc content included.

xivpads.png

#26 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 01:25 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't know what Amazon you use, any book from www.Amazon.com, especially a hardcover book, is guarenteed to look like it's lost a bout with Muhhamed Ali by the time it gets to my home.

Of course they will take it back and ship another, but then it looks just as bad, and the process is repeated ad infinium. I learned long ago never to order anything breakable/collectable that isn't a well packaged game or movie from Amazon, and even then I've still had problems.
http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#27 avatar94

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

Hmmm... so the only bonus in the CE guide (other than the fancy cover & ribbon) is the poster?
I'm such a sucker for these things but man, even the $10 extra at half price seems hard to justify

#28 Methoes

Methoes

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

In for one as I haven't even launch the game yet. This will give me reason to play.

#29 IceColdKilla44

IceColdKilla44

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:40 PM

Awesome find! Thanks OP!

#30 airblade

airblade

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:41 PM

Nice OP! I think I will still roll the dice and hope Amazon gets close to that price in the next 10 days or so. I have enough credit there to get it with nothing out of pocket but $6 is $6 I will be kind of bummed if Amazon stays at 32.50 and I didn't pull the trigger on this but oh well.

Same here.