Does gamestop price match???

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 bjeong1381

bjeong1381

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:13 AM

I swear I remember someone saying that gamestop does. Can anyone verify that they do or do not? Anyone here work at gamestop?

#2 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:19 AM

Nope they don't even price match to their own website. I just inquired about this recently and was told that they don't. That's gamestop for you.
Xecutioner
CML

#3 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:34 AM

They SHOULD price match. Advertised items only (you'll need the ad and be willing to surrender it). This is not an advertised policy, but again, they SHOULD price match.

#4 bjeong1381

bjeong1381

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:37 AM

Do you actually work at a Gamestop? Also if they don't is there a corporate number I can call?

#5 MrMaddness

MrMaddness

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:38 AM

They SHOULD price match. Advertised items only (you'll need the ad and be willing to surrender it). This is not an advertised policy, but again, they SHOULD price match.

He's right, I do work at one, but they should price match within reason. They will not price match and let you combine offers, however.

#6 VegasRobb

VegasRobb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:14 AM

My local gamestop requires the ad, but they will pricematch.

#7 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

It is your YMMV because each store has their own policy toward PM. Just like the one in my local mall will only PM stores within the mall. There is an EB, Sears, and KB Toys that they will PM.

This was kind of funny to me because they stated to me that they can't beat Best Buy or Circuit City that is why they only PM in the Mall. This plan backfires every once in a while though when they have misprints in the Sears ad.

#8 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

Nope they don't even price match to their own website. I just inquired about this recently and was told that they don't. That's gamestop for you.

Same here. Tried to price match the Doom 3 expansion price (when it was 19.99 on the net, 34.99 still in store) and they told me they couldn't do it.

This was before the B&M store also dropped the price to 19.99.

I guess it's all YMMV.

#9 Kuros

Kuros

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:52 PM

I believe that B&M gamestops will only PM B&M stores. They won't price match online Gamestop because they are different entities.

#10 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 May 2005 - 07:54 PM

my gamestop will pricematch, youll need the ad, and it has to be a competing store, ie we dont compete with frys they are 30 miles away

#11 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:27 PM

Yes, I know this thread is old as dirt but it was the first thing that popped up when I Googled and Gamestop's website blows.

Do they even "price match" their own prices within an allotted time? IE, if I bout a game two weeks ago and it has since dropped in price or it's on sale now?

#12 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Yes, I know this thread is old as dirt but it was the first thing that popped up when I Googled and Gamestop's website blows.

Do they even "price match" their own prices within an allotted time? IE, if I bout a game two weeks ago and it has since dropped in price or it's on sale now?

You bumped a fucking 6 year old thread? Seriously?

Why wouldn't you just return the game and rebuy it?

#13 argyle

argyle

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:51 PM

I didn't even look at the date, but read the post talking about the price of the Doom 3 expansion pack & thought "WTF?". :-P
Posted Image

#14 ravens52bears54

ravens52bears54

Thin Blue Line

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2011 - 02:04 PM

You bumped a fucking 6 year old thread? Seriously?

Why wouldn't you just return the game and rebuy it?

Because I bought the game and gave it as a gift.

But thanks for your (lack of) response.