* * * * - 2 votes

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360/PS3) - $29.99 @ Amazon

dragon dragons dogma dark arisen amazon IDGAFOS

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 blinknot4

blinknot4

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:33 PM

Amazon has knocked ten bucks off the retail price.  Good deal considering the amount of content in the game.

:360: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - $29.99

:ps3: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - $29.99

Dill The Noise.

471350.png

#2 trunks982

trunks982

Wii are the Champions!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Is this like a GOTY kinda thing? It comes with original Dragon's Dogma plus all the DLC?

#3 IronChariot

IronChariot

CAG Deity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:16 PM

Is this like a GOTY kinda thing? It comes with original Dragon's Dogma plus all the DLC?

Comes with the base game and a small expansion.

#4 StryderOmega

StryderOmega

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:27 PM

Comes with the base game and a small expansion.

And all of the DLC previous to this release.

xivpads.png

#5 SIX min WHISTLE

SIX min WHISTLE

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

Been on sale at least a week. I picked it up for $30 through Walmart, and looks like Target has the same price.

SIX%20min%20WHISTLE.png

#6 Rage Goblin

Rage Goblin

The Hardest of Core

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

I didn't like the original, but really *wanted* to like it.  Been thinking about picking this up and trying again.

That's dumb, I know.  I still have the original.

#7 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:05 PM

Has it not remained this price? Got it for $30 on amazon 2 months ago.

Its been this price every time I've looked at it for a little while now.  I'm waiting for $15-20... too much to play right now.

I didn't like the original, but really *wanted* to like it.  Been thinking about picking this up and trying again.

That's dumb, I know.  I still have the original.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the new one has a much needed "fast travel" system.  Friend of mine was so annoyed that it took so long to get from one place to the other in the vanilla. 

That's all the more reason to get this one; for your time and sanity.

TopsideKracker.png

#8 djdarko

djdarko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

Its been this price every time I've looked at it for a little while now.  I'm waiting for $15-20... too much to play right now.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard that the new one has a much needed "fast travel" system.  Friend of mine was so annoyed that it took so long to get from one place to the other in the vanilla. 

That's all the more reason to get this one; for your time and sanity.

Shouldn't that be included via free patch for the vanilla?

#9 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:32 PM

Shouldn't that be included via free patch for the vanilla?

That's why I asked for someone to correct me if I was wrong, because I'm just going on feedback from a friend.  I've been reading about it, and from what I can tell fast travel isn't readily available until you start a NG+.  Pretty weak. 

Maybe I was just thinking of all the complaints that people had about the lack of fast travel, but I had thought I heard that Dark Arisen made it easier.  My bad.

TopsideKracker.png

#10 R_Fated_Circle

R_Fated_Circle

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:44 PM

If you have an original dragons dogma save your character or new character you create gets an eternal ferrystone that you can use eternally to fast travel/teleport from place to place this is available from the start no new game + needed.

#11 Jodou

Jodou

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:50 PM

And all of the DLC previous to this release.

Actually I don't think it comes with any of the DLC.  I didn't see additional notice board quests or get any of the costumes from previous DLC.

#12 darktriad

darktriad

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

In a way, they made fast travel easier by drastically reducing the price of ferrystones. If I remember correctly, it dropped from 10k to 1k through Fournival and 20k down to 2k through the Black Cat.

#13 TopsideKracker

TopsideKracker

...doomy doomy doomy...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:34 PM

If you have an original dragons dogma save your character or new character you create gets an eternal ferrystone that you can use eternally to fast travel/teleport from place to place this is available from the start no new game + needed.

Ahh, so that's what it was.  Thanks for clarifying. 

So picking up Dark Arisen with no previous save means no eternal stone.  Shenanigans.  Would probably be worth it to buy a used copy of the vanilla at GS to start a new game then returning within the 7 day window. 

TopsideKracker.png

#14 CAGMoose

CAGMoose

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:02 AM

Would probably be worth it to buy a used copy of the vanilla at GS to start a new game then returning within the 7 day window. 

That seems to be the consensus. 

#15 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:14 AM

Ahh, so that's what it was.  Thanks for clarifying. 

So picking up Dark Arisen with no previous save means no eternal stone.  Shenanigans.  Would probably be worth it to buy a used copy of the vanilla at GS to start a new game then returning within the 7 day window. 

Actually, not a bad idea....never saw this game in my GS though.

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#16 crimsonassassin

crimsonassassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:57 AM

Could you not just download a save and use it?  (Not sure if the game saves here are protected in any way like some other games are)

#17 cruzfactor

cruzfactor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

What's the gameplay like?

"Even if it's free, you can always buy it cheaper."
-Rule 11, The Ferengi Rules of Acquisition

Blog Blah Blah

Make time for this shameful referral banner:

Posted Image

#18 T9X69

T9X69

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

What's the gameplay like?

Kinda similar to Monster Hunter. I really enjoyed it. Thought it was a great new IP. Shame it didn't release on PC though. 

Chris Carlson
Writer
ripten_logo.png447864.png