• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:28 PM

http://www.gamestop....13/default.aspx

Once again the front page is GTA 5, but thre looks to be "PS3 Grand Theft Auto V Pulse Elite Headset - GameStop Exclusive $179.99".
Some basic Pre-Order stuff, nothing really new
New model Xbox360 adveritiased

New Price Drops (Prices may have been advertised at or lower before, but prices below are lower than the current price as of this post date.)

$19.99
BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition (PS3, Xbox360)

$29.99
Battlefield 3 Premium Edition (PC, PS3, Xbox360)
XCOM: Enemy Unknown (PS3, Xbox360)
Defiance (PS3, Xbox360) Mentions Savings on Collectors Edition, does not say if there more savings or just current price.

$49.99
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 (PS3, Xbox360)

Discalmer:  Ad is subject to change, and not offical until posted.

#2 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks OP. A lot of nothing this week. Hopefully they have some good price drops.

#3 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:44 PM

I'm a bit tempted to bite on Battlefield at this price. ideally I wanted 20 but I haven't seen it at that price anywhere.

#4 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:47 PM

Gah, just paid $22 for used BioShock Rapture Edition from Amazon Warehouse this morning. :(

$20 is a nice price for that with all DLC for both games on-disc.

#5 YBX87

YBX87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:49 PM

if you waited this long to play battlefield 3, you might as well wait till october when battlefield 4 releases. Once battlefield 4 release, most players will migrate as well.

#6 strait edge follower

strait edge follower

Cult of personality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

im waiting for retailers to put two certin games on sale and yet heres another week of them being at msrp :(
Currently playing
:ps4: infamous first light, fez, strider, blacklight retribution, mlb 14, the transistor, assassins creed black flag :wiiu: new super mario bros u, zelda ww hd

games recently beaten: :ps4: lego marvel, contrast, watch dogs, infamous second son, killzone shadowfall, murdered soul suspect

690739.png

#7 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:06 PM

Not a bad deal on Defiance.  I'm guessing used copies will be $27.99.  With PUR Pro and BD coupon that will knock it down to around $20.

Posted Image

#8 Punisher138

Punisher138

Cthulhu Fhtagn!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

im waiting for retailers to put two certin games on sale and yet heres another week of them being at msrp :(

I'm hoping for TLOU to drop soon so I can get a used copy before the BD coupon expires.

Posted Image

#9 usrevenge

usrevenge

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

might be worth buying BF3 premium, using the code for DLC and trading it back in since it's free on PSN+.

#10 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

I'm hoping for TLOU to drop soon so I can get a used copy before the BD coupon expires.

TLoU has sold 3.5 M copies since launch and stores are having a bit of a tough time keeping it in stock. Good luck with that.

Maybe around Sept. when GTA V hits.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#11 Royal High Knight

Royal High Knight

Call me Señor Pink

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:14 PM

Yeah keep waiting on a sale for TLOU. As for SE, me and you both my brother, DMC will drop soon....hopefully

#12 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:15 PM

Not a bad deal on Defiance. I'm guessing used copies will be $27.99. With PUR Pro and BD coupon that will knock it down to around $20.

That's not a bad idea. I just picked up Metro Last Light yesterday for $25 with the BD coupon and $5 off used game. Hoping the used copy does drop as well.

Dariel16.png

#13 Tarskidx

Tarskidx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

Curious if the Defiance GS Ultimate Edition will see a $20-30 drop as well? I was thinking $60 would be my price point with this and would pull the trigger. If this was widely available, I would wait for $50 or less, but this is a GS exclusive. I want to get one before they sell out as I don't think they have many in their inventory.

#14 Vigilante

Vigilante

Always Watching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:47 PM

Not a bad deal on Defiance.  I'm guessing used copies will be $27.99.  With PUR Pro and BD coupon that will knock it down to around $20.

FYI, it's not a given that used copies will drop in price, too--when Far Cry 3 was $19.99 new a couple of weeks ago, used copies cost nearly twice as much.

Cloud_Squall78.png
Currently Playing: :3ds: Kirby: Triple Deluxe :ps3: Just Cause 2; Tales of Xillia 2  :vita: One Piece: Unlimited World RED

Last Beaten/Completed Game(s) [8/31]: :vita: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (4.25/5)

Last Watched Film [8/9]: The Raid 2 (insane choreography, complex story)

"Moreso than the good, it is the evil who must be rescued." -Shigesato Itoi

#15 darkvulture

darkvulture

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:18 PM

FYI, it's not a given that used copies will drop in price, too--when Far Cry 3 was $19.99 new a couple of weeks ago, used copies cost nearly twice as much.

90% of the time it do so i'm guessing yes

I HAVE NO PEERS OR EQUALS ONLY ENEMIES AND FOLLOWERS

#16 mikehalc

mikehalc

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

I'm a moron. What is the BD coupon?

#17 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

Well BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition trades for $28 at BB right now, so that might be a good deal for the credit movers out there.

76561197967716198.png

#18 NOFX232

NOFX232

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

Might be interested in that Bioshock Ultimate Edition. Not bad price for 2 great games with the DLC.

606273.png

#19 Mr. Universe

Mr. Universe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

Ahh! Tempted to buy BF3 Premium at this price! I also want a $20 price, but I don't know how long that'll be.

#20 CaseX

CaseX

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

Ahh! Tempted to buy BF3 Premium at this price! I also want a $20 price, but I don't know how long that'll be.

Are you getting it for the DLCs?  If not, you might as well wait 3 months for BF4.

#21 Hemi

Hemi

One with the never-ending backlog.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well BioShock Ultimate Rapture Edition trades for $28 at BB right now, so that might be a good deal for the credit movers out there.

Does it actually? Or are you going by the "Advertised TiV" thing on the trade on the main trade page.

#22 Hoarder

Hoarder

Steam Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

Does it actually? Or are you going by the "Advertised TiV" thing on the trade on the main trade page.

I'm going by that. Strange though, you can't find it if you search for it. 

76561197967716198.png

#23 Darby27

Darby27

2 Legit 2 Quit!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:31 AM

I'm going by that. Strange though, you can't find it if you search for it. 

Inputting the UPC for the 360 Rapture Edition brings up infinite.  Inputting the UPC for 360 Infinite brings up infinite.

If anyone wants to be a guinea pig and see if scanning the Rapture Edition in store for a trade in to see what happens, feel free!

#24 Hydelloon

Hydelloon

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:12 AM

Looked up "Editions" on GameStop and found some new price drops.  I posted this on the thread for old cheap collectors edition, but since Defiance is part of the ad and the 2 editions went down in price Im going to post it here also.  Once again as a disclaimer prices can change, so dont cry to me if they do.  I just post what i find.

$69.99
Dead Island Riptide: Rigor Mortis Collector's Edition (PS3, Xbox360)

$39.99
Aliens: Colonial Marines Collector's Edition (PS3, Xbox360)

$49.99
Defiance Collector's Edition (PS3, Xbox360)

$79.99
Defiance Ultimate Edition GameStop Exclusive (PS3, Xbox360)

#25 SOLGarion

SOLGarion

The devil is in the details.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

If you have another game on the list plus want defiance it is cheaper to get it now from Bestbuy. $50 bucks plus you get $25 GC credit for each game of the two you buy ($50 gift card total for both games) that makes it really $25. Of course if you don't have BB credit already and don't want to turn $$$ into BB GC or have another game you want from the list, then might be worth the extra $5 to get it from GS tomorrow. 

Also to note that PS3 Defiance collectors trades in at $71 on Amazon and the Xbox 360 at $75. Just ordered 2 xbox and a PS3 version (already did one trade in on PS3) for $166.87 total (with tax and the upgraded standard shipping) and have my trade in locked in at $221. Don't have any stock near me via the stock tracker, which I know isn't always accurate, but figured this way it will come to my door packed up in large boxes and all I have to do is slap the Amazon shipping label on it. Also don't have to spend time, gas, or money hunting these down in store. Seems almost worth $8.50 to me.

Glad I just sold my Aliens CE that I got from Amazon for $45 on eBay.

#26 TheMaximumC

TheMaximumC

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

Are you getting it for the DLCs?  If not, you might as well wait 3 months for BF4.

Well getting all the DLCs makes this worth it since the game is free. I know it's only 3 months away, but it would be nice to get this and get more of a feel of the game before BF4.

#27 jr1016

jr1016

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:44 AM

Looks like Defiance used price drop as well. Anyone that played this, is it worth $20?($28 -bday coupon)

Dariel16.png

#28 MSUHitman

MSUHitman

Checkmate Arcade Co-Host

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:40 AM

Something also to note if you buy a new XBox 360, you get a free new copy of BLOPS 2 that will also include the first map pack for free.

Listen to the Checkmate Arcade video game podcast! Also available on ITunes, Stitcher Radio, or YouTube.
42869.png

#29 Abeja

Abeja

CAG with No Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Something also to note if you buy a new XBox 360, you get a free new copy of BLOPS 2 that will also include the first map pack for free.

I saw that today too. Also alot of Sony products were on sale. Dualshock controllers were 45 and the Pulse Headset was $80

#30 sleepydumbdude

sleepydumbdude

MASHED POTATOES!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

My friend told me he'd get Defiance when it dropped under 30... I am going to debate on letting him know since I am not sure if I am ready for him to bug me to play it again.

It more fun if you got someone to play it with. I thought it was a boring single player game. Most of my friends quit after two-three weeks and I just pop on to see if they have new stuff on for the week.