Photo
- - - - -

Friend says she can but others said if she does can get into trouble .. school aid

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:03 PM

so my friend went into apply for a grant  or something for school    (i think they are giving me half the story here but find it interesting and it asks you for your race...

she put down   african american  cause she  went onto   ancestry    and found out that her  great great  great  grandmother  came from   south  africa  so  she said  she has the right to claim  that in her back ground and claim   African  American    even  though she was born  in  Ohio...

so  can she claim this  ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

IF  SO    WHY  if  NOT  WHY NOT

Spoiler

WOOOO I STINK

#2 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thread of the year

#3 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:06 PM

Thread of the year

well can she or cant she  i like to here what people think ...  :)

WOOOO I STINK

#4 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Send an email to the university financial aid department and see what they say.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#5 eLefAdEr

eLefAdEr

All Systems Go

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:45 PM

so my friend went into apply for a grant  or something for school    (i think they are giving me half the story here but find it interesting and it asks you for your race...

she put down   african american  cause she  went onto   ancestry    and found out that her  great great  great  grandmother  came from   south  africa  so  she said  she has the right to claim  that in her back ground and claim   African  American    even  though she was born  in  Ohio...

What difference does it make where she was born?  She either has African roots or she doesn't.

Also, South Africa was colonized by the British in the early part of the 19th century and whites now make up roughly 20% of the population.

#6 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:46 PM

This is the shit that makes the VS. forum not even worth posting in anymore, let alone even taking the time to read anything in it...

#7 CookieParty

CookieParty

Artist formerly known as Burritoman

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

I don't know whether to be offended or not. I wasn't born in Africa, but generally African American is the choice that I pick, because black is usually not a choice.

I'm really not sure exactly what the question you are asking is.

must-get-ibtl.jpg

Check out our blog: http://abloggymess.com/ Plenty of fun for everyone!

3DS Friend Code: 2492-4618-0670 Always looking for new Pokemon!

Get free stuff with my Swagbucks Referral Link: http://swagbucks.com/refer/cookieparty

#8 dohdough

dohdough

Sum Dum Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2013 - 02:49 AM

Came for slidecage-level insantiy. I am disappoint.
dohdough.png

"Speaking of which, there's another elitist prick that argues constantly on the Politics forums by the name of dohdough. He's a complete douche, but at least he keeps his posts in that cesspool of useless opinions. He gets my runner-up nomination."

Thanks for the nomination for the Most Memorable CAG Villan 2012, Blade!

#9 NinjaPenguin777

NinjaPenguin777

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:10 PM

Came for slidecage-level insantiy. I am disappoint.

23516335.jpg

Formerly known as slickkill77

#10 Confucius

Confucius

Corporate Shill

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:29 AM

Send an email to the university financial aid department and see what they say.

University email systems have a filter for grammatical terrorism.

Ees7Y.jpg

I'm 100% shocked that books still exist in today's day and age. I thought they'd be out by now. They make up like 1% of today's entertainment and unless you're 60 or older, stray away from books and start emersing yourself with real entertainment.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Codes for Free / Codes for Trade

#11 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

so i ran into them over the weekend and the college said no that is only for black students    

also they said  she could not  file it if its  past here grandparents   what would knock  90% of all of the  students out of the running then if they apply that to all

WOOOO I STINK