Photo
* * * * - 5 votes

PS3: Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time & PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale both $20 at GameStop *And Amazon

• Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

#1 Vinhzo

Vinhzo

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

Just noticed these new deals when looking at what Price Dropped for the week.

Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

http://www.gamestop....s-in-time/91462

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale
http://www.gamestop....e-royale/101765

http://www.amazon.co...heapassgam08-20

#2 thedolphinsrule

thedolphinsrule

It's Morphin Time!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:17 PM

You forgot to mention they are cross buy. You'll get the Vita version for free. Hell of a deal for both games.

334204.png
12.pngufz.gif

#3 S.Tomato

S.Tomato

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:18 PM

Probably a dumb question, but do we know if these are permanent price drops or just a "hot deal" of sorts?  Don't usually pay much attention to GS's pricing, but would still like to pick up Sly.

#4 fenz4ever

fenz4ever

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:24 PM

Why would it be $14.50 for Sly? Am I missing something?

ach.png

#5 barrit

barrit

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:29 PM

submitted a lower price alert thingy to Amazon.

#6 S.Tomato

S.Tomato

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:31 PM

Submitted both to Amazon since that's my price on both.

submitted a lower price alert thingy to Amazon.

I went ahead and did the same thing just to help the cause.  I think I'll buy it from GS just in case, though.  Don't mind returning it if Amazon actually follows through this time.

#7 copperfield13

copperfield13

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

Do you think on a price match at Best Buy it would stack with the $20 off on PAS?

#8 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

Do you think on a price match at Best Buy it would stack with the $20 off on PAS?

That was my first thought.

They always say you can only do one or the other. Your best bet would be to try and purchase multiple things in the same transaction, price match and then be like oh yeah I have this coupon.

Tempted to do it myself but don't really feel like going through the hassle...

#9 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:40 PM

On the reward zone website it says you only have to provide your number to get the deal, so could one theoretically claim the deal on myrewardzone, price match the game, then have them scan the reward zone card and it would take the other $$20 off automatically? It's price matched at amazon BTW.

http://www.amazon.co...ation all stars

Guardian_owl.png

#10 VenomA7X

VenomA7X

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

That's a good price for all stars, I wonder if they're gonna release a complete edition though.

#11 MrBigFeathers

MrBigFeathers

Man on the Corner

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:50 PM

All-stars has been matched by Amazon. Hopefully Sly follows soon.

Tonight's forecast... Dark.

#12 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2013 - 04:51 PM

It is possible, but you never know. It wasn't when I bought PAS, so..

Yeah but for $5 it's not worth the risk to me.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#13 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Good prices, will have to pick up Sly.

Posted Image

#14 kill3r7

kill3r7

MiNd ThE GaP

• CAGiversary!

Preowned might have the vita version already activated, right? How does this thing work anyways, I'm new to this crossbuy thing.

Yes. There is a chance that the previous owner has claimed the vita game. The way it works is that instead of getting a code voucher that feature is build into the game. So you don't have to enter any codes but you can only claim the vita game only once.

Xecutioner
CML

#15 mpaullin

mpaullin

Bow before my platinum trophy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

I am pretty sure that BB's system doesn't allow for a price match and use of this coupon. It definitely doesn't work with @Gamer coupons, but I'm not sure about these reward zone offers. Anyone give it a try?

MPaullin.png

#16 flybrione

flybrione

Guitar Solo

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

Grabbbed PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale from amazon.

I hope I have enough room left on my Vita. I will have to check later.

#17 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:17 PM

I am pretty sure that BB's system doesn't allow for a price match and use of this coupon. It definitely doesn't work with @Gamer coupons, but I'm not sure about these reward zone offers. Anyone give it a try?

I really want someone to try this out because I would be all over it if it works, though I don't really have the time this week to waste on a failed attempt

#18 tokyostomp

tokyostomp

All About That Bass, No Treble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:19 PM

I really want someone to try this out because I would be all over it if it works, though I don't really have the time this week to waste on a failed attempt

I tried earlier and it didn't work. a few days ago i put a post in the Request a Deal Section.

BB did a PM to about 23.07 (Price it was before) and then I tried using the 20 Dollar Reward Zone Offer. It wouldn't take.

Also could have been due to the cashier being lazy and putting the game at a price of 19.99 versus over 20

#19 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:20 PM

I tried earlier and it didn't work. a few days ago i put a post in the Request a Deal Section.

BB did a PM to about 23.07 (Price it was before) and then I tried using the 20 Dollar Reward Zone Offer. It wouldn't take.

Also could have been due to the cashier being lazy and putting the game at a price of 19.99 versus over 20

:cry:

#20 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

I keep refreshing obsessively because I know as soon as I go afk they'll match it then BAM sold out when I get back.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif  :pc: WoW  :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot:   :vita: Front Mission 3   :xb1: TBD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :xb1: Ryse :mrgreen:
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

Trade List

#21 zyk

zyk

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

Tempted to pick up Playstation All Stars. Game looks pretty fun and looks like an easy platinum too. I'll take the week to think about it.

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds:

:ps3:

:ps4: Destiny

#22 Deader2818

Deader2818

Flipadelphia!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:55 PM

The coupons take the price off the orginal price. So even if you do the PM, it will still just take $20 off of $39.99 which is why it doesn't work.

You'd have to get lucky and get a manager that would willingly give you a game for free.

Selling Call of Duty: Ghosts Steel book for $10 and the GTA hat for $15

Deader2818.png

#23 MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaGio

MetalMegaCAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

Thanks Op went to gamestop and picked up All Star Battle Royale with a gift card I had since Christmas so I only payed $6.xx out of pocket for it so pretty good deal.

25jecz5.jpg Sig.Made by Kyuby

Check Out My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube....er/MetalMegaGio

Check Out My Trade List!

#24 kube00

kube00

Keeping in Cheap since 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

Yea I"ll dive it at this price 

CAG TradeList
Co-Founder of The Gamer's Lounge The Gamer's Lounge: All About video games!
Former EIC of Goozernation.com 

#25 Tae.One

Tae.One

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

Just picked up Sly Cooper.  All I did was mention that I saw it online for $20.

#26 shurija

shurija

Geronimo!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

It's time for me to grab Playstation All Stars. If Amazon PM Sly, then I'm grabbing that as well! Thanks, OP.

154512.png

:360: Nothing at the moment

:pc: Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls

:ps3: Nothing at the moment

:ps4: Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor / NBA 2k15 / Alien: Isolation

jionekanji.png

#27 AriesWarlock

AriesWarlock

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

Tempted to pick up Playstation All Stars. Game looks pretty fun and looks like an easy platinum too. I'll take the week to think about it.

If you are talking Amazon, I think this is more of a temporal price drop, so I would expect it to raise in price soon.

#28 BrolyB593

BrolyB593

I'm Cheap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

I wish I could use Steam Wallet funds on this.. hahah I have a bunch still left over from the mediocre summer sale  :lol:

#29 itsmedave

itsmedave

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

Thanks OP.   I went and bought it as well.  I figure $10 apiece for the PS3 and PS Vita Version is pretty nice.  Plus, my son and I can play against one another online.  I debated on Sly Cooper as well.  Is it worth the $20 ?

#30 Taneerian

Taneerian

Roll Dem Bones!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:50 PM

Thanks OP.   I went and bought it as well.  I figure $10 apiece for the PS3 and PS Vita Version is pretty nice.  Plus, my son and I can play against one another online.  I debated on Sly Cooper as well.  Is it worth the $20 ?

I bought the new Sly at full price earlier this year because I really liked the series from the PS2 days and it was fully worth the $40 I spent on it then. I guess the real question is are you into the old Sly games or 3d platforming games?

gallery_237099_8237_20619.png