BioShock Infinite Signed Devil's Kiss Vigor Bottle $600 :O

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

Light the Way with Devil’s Kiss! These Numbered First Edition replica BioShock Infinite Vigor bottles are pressure cast resin based on the original in-game model, and stand 9” tall with an average width of 4”. Featuring trademark horns and a semi-opaque fireburst placed atop the hand, each Vigor bottle has been meticulously hand-painted for a truly authentic, slightly aged look. Each of these Vigor bottles have also been signed by Irrational Games’ Creative Director, Ken Levine, and come with a certificate of authenticity.

Weight is 1.6 pounds, not a toy, and not intended for children. First Edition limited to 500 total units, of which only 50 have been signed.

#2 pedrobeara

pedrobeara

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

not a deal

#3 iNCREDiPiNOY

iNCREDiPiNOY

This guy is awesome!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:00 AM

In for 50.

#4 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:02 AM

Well I'm glad you posted this because I wasn't aware that irrational games had their own webstore and now I can bookmark it; I always went to the 2K games website looking for bioshock stuff.

That being said I think much of what they're selling is overpriced, more so then most of the other stores (Capcom, Bethesda, etc.).

Personally if I was to purchase something like this I would most likely prefer an unsigned edition even though they aren't as limited. I can't think of anyone attached to this game whose autograph I would want on this and certainly not at a $250 premium.

Edit: Lol at the idiot that listed this at $5,999.99 on eBay

#5 paayter

paayter

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

the boy of silence figure looks dope. for 20 bucks, not bad.

#6 booni3

booni3

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Well I'm glad you posted this because I wasn't aware that irrational games had their own webstore and now I can bookmark it; I always went to the 2K games website looking for bioshock stuff.

That being said I think much of what they're selling is overpriced, more so then most of the other stores (Capcom, Bethesda, etc.).

Personally if I was to purchase something like this I would most likely prefer an unsigned edition even though they aren't as limited. I can't think of anyone attached to this game whose autograph I would want on this and certainly not at a $250 premium.

Edit: Lol at the idiot that listed this at $5,999.99 on eBay

I'd personally be willing to pay more to NOT have Ken Levine's signature on it..

Like New PS Vita Wi-Fi Bundle w/ 16GB Memory Card, Charger, Box, Travel Pouch and Mortal Kombat - $250 (obo) shipped.SOLD!

Like New 3DS Bundle/ 4GB Memory Card, Charger, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Monster 4X4 - $160 obo SOLD! 

#7 Double O Slevin

Double O Slevin

Cruelest Dream Reality

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

My biggest problem, aside from the fact that this, and everything else in there store is way overpriced, is the fact that this isn't even the actual whole bottle, its just the bottle's top decor.  But even if it were the actual full bottle, it still wouldn't be worth the price, and that's saying something coming from a guy who would buy damn near anything with the "Bioshock" name attached to it!

#8 Emoney244

Emoney244

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:09 AM

Wow is a Ken Levine signature worth $250...?

Emoney244.png

tumblr_mz0fod5myP1r66dluo4_r2_400.gif

Cmon Sega stop publishing Hatsune Miku. Publish a real man's game. 

#9 giantqtipz

giantqtipz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:14 AM

Store.irrationalgames

Hmmm

#10 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

What about $85?

This special edition of the BioShock Infinite Falling Art poster has been signed by Creative Director, Ken Levine. Limited to 250 pieces, each one comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Measures 16”x24”. Printed on 100lb. gloss text.

I'm actually seriously thinking about getting this and framing it? Should I? :-k

#11 GBAstar

GBAstar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:27 AM

What about $85?

This special edition of the BioShock Infinite Falling Art poster has been signed by Creative Director, Ken Levine. Limited to 250 pieces, each one comes with a certificate of authenticity.

Measures 16”x24”. Printed on 100lb. gloss text.

I'm actually seriously thinking about getting this and framing it? Should I? :-k

If you're a levine/bioshock fan and you have $100 that is expendable then I don't see why not. Personally I still think $100 is overpriced but then again I'm not a big bioshock fan. I do like the look of the canvas print though....

To put it in perspective I was able to get signed Uncharted posters (by Nolan North) for about $30 a year or two ago when Uncharted 3 first released.

#12 htz

htz

CAGiversary 3.0!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

If you're a levine/bioshock fan and you have $100 that is expendable then I don't see why not. Personally I still think $100 is overpriced but then again I'm not a big bioshock fan. I do like the look of the canvas print though....

To put it in perspective I was able to get signed Uncharted posters (by Nolan North) for about $30 a year or two ago when Uncharted 3 first released.

I went for the non-signed version at $15. Wish they had made the art print limited to 250 and signed by Levine only. Just couldn't get around the fact paying $85 extra for his signature and still have unlimited amount of the same art print floating around.

#13 Dragonaxe3

Dragonaxe3

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

The skyhook for $80 seems to be the only good deal they have.

Dragonaxe3.png

fs_overall.png

#14 The Dead Texan

The Dead Texan

Rest in Peace, Big Rizzle

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

The 'Falling' poster is gorgeous. Might just grab that. The $15 one, obviously. I'd rather carry the poster around with me and hope to find Levine at a Denny's than pay $100 for his scribble. 

#15 mariodog

mariodog

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Is this bottle made of 24 karat gold? I definitely would have bought it for $599, but this is way too much.

#16 Blumpkin

Blumpkin

Has a bad case of diarrhea

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

Shipping kind of kills it for me. That extra $1.99 is outrageous.

collage8twitter_website41_zps568e62eb.jp

#17 thisboywillbreak

thisboywillbreak

it's never been easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

I hope Amazon PMs.
Posted Image

#18 ShadowAssassin

ShadowAssassin

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

For $600 that thing better offer real powers.

#19 crazedracerguy

crazedracerguy

Clearance Devil!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

Wait... I saw an article about this the other day...

http://www.huffingto..._n_3654324.html

Remember Beanie Babies? Those cute, lovable, bean-filled stuffed animals that every kid just had to have in 1996? One family remembers them all too well.

In a short documentary entitled "Bankrupt By Beanies," Chris Robinson, the film's director, details his family’s regret after sinking about $100,000 into the Beanie Babies craze. His father maintained five separate collections, hoping the "investment" would put his kids through college.

Unfortunately, that never happened. The Beanie Babies bubble, like so many fads before it, ultimately burst, leaving the family in financial ruin.

The reflections are moving reminders as to why investors should be wary of fads of the moment (we're looking at you, bitcoin.)

Currently Playing:
:360:
Rocksmith 2014, Borderlands 2, Skyrim

#20 Blaster man

Blaster man

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:50 AM

Wait... I saw an article about this the other day...

http://www.huffingto..._n_3654324.html

Remember Beanie Babies? Those cute, lovable, bean-filled stuffed animals that every kid just had to have in 1996? One family remembers them all too well.
In a short documentary entitled "Bankrupt By Beanies," Chris Robinson, the film's director, details his family’s regret after sinking about $100,000 into the Beanie Babies craze. His father maintained five separate collections, hoping the "investment" would put his kids through college.
Unfortunately, that never happened. The Beanie Babies bubble, like so many fads before it, ultimately burst, leaving the family in financial ruin.
The reflections are moving reminders as to why investors should be wary of fads of the moment (we're looking at you, bitcoin.)

Yeah these nick-knacks probably won't be worth much in a few years when the game is old. Another thing are the rare $100 skylanders, I would guess if you have one worth money you should sell it. Once they oversaturate the market with these annual game releases, it's over CRASH!

#21 gepet0

gepet0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

THe only way I would pay that much is if was the last thing Hideo and shigeru  and warren specter all signed together.  LOL 

#22 Davestation

Davestation

Dont Cross The Streams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:27 PM

the boy of silence figure looks dope. for 20 bucks, not bad.

Try looking at your local Toys R Us store, they had them for $15.99, though they are $17.99 online now and they may have raised the price.  There is also a Elizabeth figure as well but she is sold out everywhere.  I got lucky and found her at a TRU for $15.99.

[IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG][IMG]http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/%3Ca%20href=%22http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/Users/Davestation%22%3E%3Cimg%20src=%22http://pid.us.playstation.com/user/Davestation.jpg%22%20width=%22235%22%20height=%22149%22%20border=%220%22%20/%3E%3C/a%3E[/IMG]

#23 The Carrot Cake Kid

The Carrot Cake Kid

Luvs Creamy Frosting

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:20 PM

"First Edition" meaning there will be many more made if they sell out
Posted Image

#24 Ryuukishi

Ryuukishi

Viva Hate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:25 PM

He's a pretty cool guy, who shocks bios and doesn't afraid of anything.

card.png Ryuukishi634.jpg f7b9bd594fe9ca11e2a28b479ca21d4c_96ab1df

#25 HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

My biggest problem, aside from the fact that this, and everything else in there store is way overpriced, is the fact that this isn't even the actual whole bottle, its just the bottle's top decor.  But even if it were the actual full bottle, it still wouldn't be worth the price, and that's saying something coming from a guy who would buy damn near anything with the "Bioshock" name attached to it!

Seriously, WTF. Not even the full bottole like that Murder of Crows bottle he gave to a random redditer when he did his AMA.

Posted Image

#26 doi

doi

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:18 PM

for the price, this better give me powers!

#27 TooPoor

TooPoor

∀ Game, ∃ Buy Price

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:40 PM

for the price, this better give me powers!

Like the power to be broke?

Mathematically Correct.
Use factual statements, logical deductions, mathematical calculations and objective analysis; not rage.

My Trade List

NI_YA_SHA_BI.png

#28 Donut2922

Donut2922

Read the OP!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

Will be fun to see how long this lasts

Now playing:
:ps3: God of War: Ascension

:360: Titanfall

#29 admiralvic

admiralvic

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Like the power to be broke?

Don't mock the got no green lantern! 

so admiralvic is one of 7 people who has platted lost planet 2. and one of 4 people with 100% on spelunker hd. respect him even more

guys, you are talking to admiralvic about trophy acquisition, he is the exception.

#30 Jimmienoman

Jimmienoman

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

While I agree that this will probably be worthless shortly

Not all things are fads. Fallout Pipboys still sell well. Just a testament to how people fondly remember Fallout 3. Heck when Amazon "found" a stock of old Fallout CEs they sold out fast.

I think it depends on the game mostly.