* * * * - 3 votes

Mario Kart 8 Wii U Bundle $329.99! Plus free Wii U game

Wii U

• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#1 JamesKelly09

JamesKelly09

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:27 PM

Nintendo has announced a Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe bundle for North America. Featuring a 32GB Wii U, a copy of Mario Kart 8, a red racing wheel, and a red Mario Wii Remote Plus controller, the package will cost $329.99 on May 30.

Additionally, anyone who registers a copy of Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, 2014 can redeem one free Wii U game from a selection of four. 

Nintendo is offering a digital copy of Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U

Will update later with links!!!

MK8Bundle_Front_1.jpg

Plus anyone else who buys Mario Kart 8 game retail or digital will still be able to register for the free game!!!

#2 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:30 PM

Very nice, I will be getting a digital game :D

#3 funkmonker

funkmonker

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:32 PM

Nintendo has announced a Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe bundle for North America. Featuring a 32GB Wii U, a copy of Mario Kart 8, and a red racing wheel, and a red Mario Wii Remote Plus controller, the package will cost $329.99 on May 30.

Additionally, anyone who registers a copy of Mario Kart 8 on Club Nintendo before July 31, 2014 can redeem one free Wii U game from a selection of four.
Nintendo is offering a digital copy of Pikmin 3, New Super Mario Bros. U, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, or Wii Party U

MK8Bundle_Front_1.jpg

the free game sounds nice and cool

#4 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:37 PM

If you able to sell the code, the people who got the deal at kmart are pretty damn lucky lol

I just hate digital tbh

It kills me when I can't see my favorite games because I bought them digital.

#5 parkerlewis

parkerlewis

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Pretty nice deal overall. A custom gamepad (like the Zelda one) could have been cool but I think this will move a lot of systems, especially with the second free game.

#6 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

Looks like a great way to get MarioKart and Zelda both for $48

#7 nJoy7

nJoy7

Wait, what?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Finally, a killer bundle. I really want to hold off, but this is REALLY tempting...

Atypical+Nate.png 3410326351.png

#8 ItsKayJayBee

ItsKayJayBee

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Nice :)

Just bought a Wii U and was definitely planning on getting Mario Kart 8. Now I'll have to decide whether I want Wind Waker or Pikimin 3. Though I would prefer physical copies of each.

Here is a link:

http://m.ign.com/art...r-north-america

#9 pchong571

pchong571

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:41 PM

They got me with the sexy Mario controller and a free copy of Wind Waker.

#10 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:50 PM

So, this free game deal is for any copy of MK8 purchased or only the one that comes with this bundle?

#11 Lexxon

Lexxon

In the face!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:53 PM

So, this free game deal is for any copy of MK8 purchased or only the one that comes with this bundle?

Any copy, from what I'm reading.  Digital or Retail--for the Retail copies, you'll have to register with Club Nintendo.  For Digital, I imagine the club nintendo link w/ your eShop account may have to already be established.

I have MK8 pre-ordered at Best Buy through GCU w/ the $10 Gas Card and $45 worth of Certs, so I'm very happy about this.

#12 paulwekiva

paulwekiva

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Thanks OP.

You may want to mention the free game (without buying the bundle) in the topic.

#13 HDShadow

HDShadow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

Woo! I was contemplating snagging Wii Party U for the past few months, glad I don't need to anymore! Also very glad because that game is a game I would want digitally.

591625.png

#14 zyk

zyk

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:00 PM

pretty solid bundle. I'm actually tempted haha

Currently Playing

:360: Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

:3ds: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

:ps3: Tales of Xillia

:ps4: Knack

#15 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Nintendo has announced a Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe bundle for North America. Featuring a 32GB Wii U, a copy of Mario Kart 8, a red racing wheel, and a red Mario Wii Remote Plus controller, the package will cost $329.99 on May 30.

MK8Bundle_Front_1.jpg

Plus anyone who buys Mario Kart 8 game will still be able to get the free game

Wow, seems like this is a pretty late reveal, at this point I really didn't think it was coming.

http://backloggery.c...p?user=rcerboss
Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

PM me to add me to PSN, Steam, WiiU, or 3DS. Always up for a Brawl matchup too!

#16 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:03 PM

I don't see why there couldn't have been a red wii u,

lol is there a reason why companies go all out on colors?

Does it cost them money or something

#17 midloo

midloo

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

If you able to sell the code, the people who got the deal at kmart are pretty damn lucky lol

I just hate digital tbh

It kills me when I can't see my favorite games because I bought them digital.

Agreed.  But I don't feel that way about my Steam collection, so I know it isn't just the fact that it's digital.  One of the great things that Steam provides is the feeling of an actual library, even though it's digital.  If the consoles would catch up in their digital services, I would be happy to spend more money on digital versions.

I've had fun with my Zelda Wii U console since I bought it on release day, but MAN....  This is a great bundle.  Kind of tempted to buy it again and sell my Zelda console. 

Posted Image

#18 mokmoof

mokmoof

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Free game! Woo! Seems to make sense to go for one of the first party games that's been holding steady at $50-60: Pikmin 3, NSMBU, or Zelda.

Shameless self-promotion: I write words at the Everybody's Talking at Once blog and cast pods on the ETAO Podcast. They're about games, among other things!

#19 DurbanBrown

DurbanBrown

to the MOON

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

ok, prob gonna finally get a wii u. just wish the console was custom though.

Zombies-Sig.jpg

last.fm: shroomer1999                                                                  Designed By Lilchiji

#20 B0W and Arrow

B0W and Arrow

Just Do It.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:16 PM

I don't see why there couldn't have been a red wii u,

lol is there a reason why companies go all out on colors?

Does it cost them money or something

Due to low sales, they probably have a quite a few black Wii U's in inventory. It's better for them to go through their current inventory than produce new, red Wii U's.

#21 MoCiWe

MoCiWe

Space Smuggler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:17 PM

Cool bundle! Already have a Wii U though so thanking the OP for bringing up the free game! Was already planning on getting Mario Kart for sure, so I guess I can get a free Wii Party U since that's the only one I don't have.

Plus Wayne Brady

Spoiler

659629.png?68329996

#22 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:20 PM

Due to low sales, they probably have a quite a few black Wii U's in inventory. It's better for them to go through their current inventory than produce new, red Wii U's.

Didn't even think of that, lol.

Defienetely should not be in business :p

#23 YellowGameboyColor

YellowGameboyColor

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:21 PM

Sick bundle, I'm getting one for sure. Time to build up some RZ certs

#24 Megamania

Megamania

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:22 PM

Cool bundle! Already have a Wii U though so thanking the OP for bringing up the free game! Was already planning on getting Mario Kart for sure, so I guess I can get a free Wii Party U since that's the only one I don't have.

Nintendo is continuing the stereotype that white people can't dance lol

#25 Hades79

Hades79

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:30 PM

Wow, the free game with just buying Mario Kart is an amazing deal!  I am shocked that Nintendo is doing this, but I guess the very low numbers they have to provide extra incentive.  I wonder if they will do more deals like this with Smash Brothers later.

#26 ShockandAww

ShockandAww

Truth is treason

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:31 PM

Wow great deal with the free game with Mario Kart. I already have them all but now I can go ahead and sell one and just use the money toward Mario Kart.

#27 KirbyLovesTacos

KirbyLovesTacos

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:33 PM

It includes the Wii remote too with the wheel?

Oh man this is SO tempting. 

#28 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:34 PM

Agreed.  But I don't feel that way about my Steam collection, so I know it isn't just the fact that it's digital.  One of the great things that Steam provides is the feeling of an actual library, even though it's digital.  If the consoles would catch up in their digital services, I would be happy to spend more money on digital versions.

Agreed fully, there's nothing wrong with digital done right.  That includes significantly cheaper prices and the ability to play your game on any machine you use.  Nintendo has a LONG way to go.....

That's really cool about the free digital game though, but I wish they'd widen the selection some.  I already have Pikmin 3/NSMBU and have 0 interest in WWHD/WiiU Party.  Not to mention that all 4 have been on sale at one point or another.  But free is free, I guess I will go for WWHD, at least I may play it eventually.....

It includes the Wii remote too with the wheel?

Oh man this is SO tempting. 

It still seemed a bit overpriced to me.  If you don't mind a white wheel, you can get the Wiimote+ and the wheel for around $40.  But unless you luck into a Sams/Sears clearance jackpot I guess this is the best deal out there now?

Didn't even think of that, lol.

Defienetely should not be in business :p

In Nintendo's defense, a red console would look hideous.  This is a device that's going to be sitting in my home, so black is pretty essential, but there's no way in hell I'd go red.  It's one thing to have a rainbow for handhelds, but quite another for consoles.  Still, I wouldn't have minded a checkered flag or something on the system + gamepad....

Interested in trading Steam Games. I have extra keys for Ship, Machinarium, Sword and Sworcery, Cave Story +, and more Desura games tha I can list ;)

#29 mitch079

mitch079

Microsoft, trollin' like Doink on Crush.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:40 PM

Gamespot lists 10 games to choose from:  http://www.gamespot....8/1100-6419314/

the_it_crowd_moss.jpgdefault.png

#30 rcerboss

rcerboss

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 April 2014 - 01:42 PM

MUCH better  :D  I'll actually have to think about it for a minute now lol.

Actually, now that I looked, it looks like that's Europe only.  NoA is only giving us 4 choices.  god fucking damn I know it's bad taste to whine about free stuff, but I swear it's like NoA goes out of it's way to make me bitter and find new ways to make me regret supporting them, or WiiU in general.  Why can't they offer us the same list?  And what the hell has been up with Europe the last few years, they've become really awesome as of late....