Photo
- - - - -

Amazon Fire TV Free 30 day Trial for Prime! YMMV

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:51 AM

So I wasn't even going to post this. But since I see a few threads for earning free amazon coins, I figured I would. Got an email today, saying since I'm a prime member I could try it for 30 days free of charge. All I had to do was add it to my cart and place the order. The promo took the $99 right off, so my total was $0. After I receive it, I have 30 days to try it. If I keep it, I will be charged $99. And if I don't want it, I can return it with free shipping.

Hoping to receive mine before those free coin promos end!image.jpg
bleedingwicked.png

#2 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:59 AM

So I wasn't even going to post this. But since I see a few threads for earning free amazon coins, I figured I would. Got an email today, saying since I'm a prime member I could try it for 30 days free of charge. All I had to do was add it to my cart and place the order. The promo took the $99 right off, so my total was $0. After I receive it, I have 30 days to try it. If I keep it, I will be charged $99. And if I don't want it, I can return it with free shipping.

Hoping to receive mine before those free coin promos end!

before you people get riled up if it doesn't work for them,  you might want to add ymmv to your title. Since it is Select People not everyone is eligible.

here it the link to check eligibility. http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1002558481

#3 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:01 AM

before you people get riled up if it doesn't work for them,  you might want to add ymmv to your title. Since it is Select People not everyone is eligible.
here it the link to check eligibility. http://www.amazon.co...ocId=1002558481

Thanks Dreamer
bleedingwicked.png

#4 Covnam

Covnam

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:27 AM

For what it's worth, I don't have prime, and it appears that I could select the offer as well (though I didn't).

#5 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:10 AM

Looks like I'm not eligible. Prime member for years, grandfathered in at $7.99/month
MLIFTgM.gif

#6 dreamer131313

dreamer131313

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:12 AM

Yea me I was student prime and not eligible either

#7 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 May 2014 - 07:33 AM

Looks like I'm not eligible. Prime member for years, grandfathered in at $7.99/month

Not sure what's grandfathered at $7.99/month means? I only pay $79/year so you actually pay more?
bleedingwicked.png

#8 dragoon99

dragoon99

Objection!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:10 AM

Huh, I didn't get the recent kindle promotion but I get this, oh well.

Since I already have a Roku box this isn't remotely tempting to try out

voice search is neat and all but I dont see any features worth switching for.

#9 VALikimlav

VALikimlav

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:16 AM

Yea me I was student prime and not eligible either

I have student prime too and I got the offer.

#10 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

It says I qualify for this promotion, but I think I am just going to wait until the price drops to pick this up since I really don't need it.

1gb4.png

#11 ericpol

ericpol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:21 AM

I'm a prime member and when I returned mine I had to pay return shipping for both the fire and controller.

#12 MochaRaf

MochaRaf

I Come Here Often...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

I'm a prime member and when I returned mine I had to pay return shipping for both the fire and controller.

Didn't this promotion just start? When did you return yours? If it was before this promotion they wouldn't cover return shipping if you just wanted to return it without something being wrong with the product. And the controller isn't part of the 30-day free trial, so that wouldn't have been covered anyways.

1gb4.png

#13 synnarc

synnarc

old & crotchety

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 12:58 PM

Probably worth noting that Prime now has a deal with HBO and offer a pretty decent selection of their shows now.

If backlog games were bricks I'd have my own housing project.

385016.png

#14 Bleedingwickedly

Bleedingwickedly

Posted 23 May 2014 - 01:47 PM

Probably worth noting that Prime now has a deal with HBO and offer a pretty decent selection of their shows now.

Didn't know this?
bleedingwicked.png

#15 ericpol

ericpol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:47 PM

Didn't this promotion just start? When did you return yours? If it was before this promotion they wouldn't cover return shipping if you just wanted to return it without something being wrong with the product. And the controller isn't part of the 30-day free trial, so that wouldn't have been covered anyways.

Oh it was a couple of weeks ago, but they put in small print that you had to pay return shipping. As far as something being wrong with it. If something freezes when trying to play games then in my mind it doesn't work properly. It's not a terrible device they just need to work out the bugs.

#16 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 02:53 PM

Doesn't Amazon have a 30 Day return policy anyways....I guess this is a way to try it without billing you right away.

#17 ericpol

ericpol

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:01 PM

Doesn't Amazon have a 30 Day return policy anyways....I guess this is a way to try it without billing you right away.

Right but before this promo you had to pay for return shipping. I wasn't charged right away for the fire or controller. It does load amazon videos much faster than a ps3 I had problems with the games locking it up. If you don't care about voice search that only works with amazon content or faster loading videos then any number of other devices will suit your needs.

#18 FunkyDawg

FunkyDawg

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:19 PM

Pretty sweet offer. I am not included in this one. It's alright though. I want to try it out at a store or someone before getting it. 

#19 gldoorii

gldoorii

What the...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 03:26 PM

I went ahead and took advantage of the offer. Free shipping both ways and something to screw around with for a few weeks before returning it? Sign me up.

#20 HydroX

HydroX

Quintessential Studmuffin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:13 PM

Not sure what's grandfathered at $7.99/month means? I only pay $79/year so you actually pay more?

I just figured I'd give details in case this offer targets or excludes certain people based on different criteria.

I realize I pay more than the average Prime member but I can't afford to throw down $79 (or $99 now? whatever it is) at one time to cover my Amazon addiction. ;)

MLIFTgM.gif

#21 TXboxGuY

TXboxGuY

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:42 PM

I'm eligible but I don't have an HDTV to connect it to.  (non-Prime account)

It appears the only output is HDMI.

I still love Amazon and my Kindle Fire HD.  :)

#22 Carlanga

Carlanga

Fishing for deals

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:52 PM

I'm eligible but I don't have an HDTV to connect it to.  (non-Prime account)

It appears the only output is HDMI.

I still love Amazon and my Kindle Fire HD.  :)

Stop living in the 90s.  HDTV are cheap now.  :P

I still have a backlog of Win 98 games sealed, at least I'm done w/ my floppies! :lol:

DoctorCarlos.png

#23 6er

6er

XBOX, GO HOME

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'm not eligible. With the crappy service they have been giving me(constantly shipping stuff late AND at the wrong, slower shipping speed), they know I'd send it back.
PS3, 360, Wii, DS,3DS, Vita
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 Miranda

Miranda

about.me/adnarim

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:04 AM

Huh, I didn't get the recent kindle promotion but I get this, oh well.

Since I already have a Roku box this isn't remotely tempting to try out

voice search is neat and all but I dont see any features worth switching for.

Same here. I got this offer, but I really wanted the Kindle promo when it was available.

Fire TV wouldn't be useful for me for Amazon Prime Instant Video since I'm a guest and not the main Prime account holder, so I don't get the free video streaming.

I have a Roku LT that I barely use anymore since it doesn't support Netflix profiles and a Chromecast I got for Christmas that I haven't opened yet, so I'll probably pass on this trial offer.

#25 Equistina

Equistina

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

I dont qualify, the only one I qualify for is buy $50 I'm Amazon gift cards get $10 free

Equistina.png

#26 sharpeone

sharpeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 May 2014 - 02:07 AM

Couldn't pass up on this free rental, especially with being Amazon Prime.  I'm sure I'll end up sending it back as I already have many devices to stream Netflix, Hulu, etc.  Although, the HBO shows as well as Freetime for my daughter might could convince me otherwise.

Check my trade list at http://www.cheapassg...ad.php?t=313024

Sign up for Ibotta using http://ibotta.com/r/SCETeg to earn your first $2.  Ibotta has exclusive rebates at over 100,000 stores nationwide.