1001 spikes 3ds eshop nintendo

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kanedags

kanedags

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:16 AM

The recently released 1001 Spikes is currently $10.01 on the eShop. MSRP is $15 according to the Nintendo.com product page

According to this article on GoNintendo, you're supposed to get a $5 discount if you own any Nicalis title on 3DS eShop (VVVVVV, NightSky, Cave Story, Ikachan or Grinsia) but it still shows up at $10.01 and I own none of those titles.

EDIT: Wii U version is also $10.01 according to SmokeyJoey8

Pic of price attached

DSC_0001.JPG

Trailer for game who don't know anything about it

#2 smokeyjoey8

smokeyjoey8

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:43 AM

Same price for the Wii U version. I think thats the only one that has multiplayer, too. 

#3 keyblader1985

keyblader1985

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

Jesus of Nazareth, that looks difficult. I may have to acquire this.

I've been downloading a crap ton of eshop games; that $100 I got from Best Buy is going fast. I still have to get Pushmo, Crashmo, Azure Striker Gunvolt (when it releases) and some others, and I only have $35 left.

#4 benjamouth

benjamouth

It's a Bobby Dazzler

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

I was hoping you'd still get the $5 discount if you did own one of the Nicalis games (I do), but it's not happening.

Probably would have picked this up for $5.

MST3K.gif

the+Woodmeister.pngr3jm5K2gQUCv3J-E0gqcBQ2.gif

#5 midloo

midloo

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

I remember when this was called "Aban Hawkins & the 1001 Spikes" and I bought it for $1 on XBLIG.  Is it worth $9 more now?  Have they changed that much? 

Posted Image

#6 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

I grabbed this on the Wii U. Same price $10.01

*I also have it for Xbox 360 as midloo stated...from the trailer the showed and the updates I am hoping its worth the price on Wii U. I heard it supports 2- Player co-op which is cool and they added a slew of new characters and levels. 

#7 midloo

midloo

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:09 PM

I grabbed this on the Wii U. Same price $10.01

*I also have it for Xbox 360 as midloo stated...from the trailer the showed and the updates I am hoping its worth the price on Wii U. I heard it supports 2- Player co-op which is cool and they added a slew of new characters and levels. 

Sounds worth the price of admission to me, though I see it's going to be released across a bunch of platforms.  As much as I love my 3DS/Wii U, I might have to pick this one up on VITA. 

Posted Image

#8 kanedags

kanedags

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:31 PM

The Vita version is cross-buy with the PS4 version

#9 Rollobobo

Rollobobo

EAT SHIITAKE!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Sounds worth the price of admission to me, though I see it's going to be released across a bunch of platforms.  As much as I love my 3DS/Wii U, I might have to pick this one up on VITA. 

I don't have a Vita, but if I did, I would probably grab it on it as well especially since it's cross-buy. It's a shame it didn't work on PS3 as well, but I would assume thats going to eventually be the case now that the PS4 is out. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1001 spikes, 3ds, eshop, nintendo