why no rate avatar/sig threads anymore

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:51 PM

i saw that they are being locked because one work topics are "bad" .... but i mean they are fun too. they arent always limited to one work or just a score. I see plenty of "brief" threads like sotm where the posts are more or less brief and just as pointless. but like sotm threads they are just for fun, and people like them... might as well clutter the board with threads people, at least in the past, seemingly enjoy

Posted Image

#2 repetske

repetske

That's what she said.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 04:54 PM

I guess they do pass the time, but don't really contribute much to the site other than helping build identies and personalities. Your sig picture is huge by the way. I couldn't imagine how big that would look on my home computer.

#3 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:31 PM

It always did seem a bit odd that the word association and rating threads were shut down but the song of the moment topic continues.

#4 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:39 PM

Lets not use this thread to kill the SotM.

#5 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 07:56 PM

Cause this isn't fucking gamefaqs.com

Gameplay is what makes a game worth playing - not story or graphics

MY SITE

#6 punqsux

punqsux

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:07 PM

Cause this isn't fucking gamefaqs.com

2 out of 2 obi-wans agree.

#7 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 10:13 PM

that excuse is lame... i thought of something else, how come if short posts are supposed to be eliminated how come the minimum characters per post was brought back down to 1? i remember when cag first switched boards they tried to make it 10, i believe. im just saying... and besides, im sure you kids would like it and it doesnt have to be gamefaqs. i dont know why you think it brings the board down, stupid posts bring the board down, not funpassthetime posts

Posted Image

#8 punqsux

punqsux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:10 PM

that excuse is lame... i thought of something else, how come if short posts are supposed to be eliminated how come the minimum characters per post was brought back down to 1? i remember when cag first switched boards they tried to make it 10, i believe. im just saying... and besides, im sure you kids would like it and it doesnt have to be gamefaqs. i dont know why you think it brings the board down, stupid posts bring the board down, not funpassthetime posts

i believe 10 was the default on the new software, which was then changed.

and i totally agree with you on stupid posts bringing down the board.

song of the moment can help people discover new music, or help humanize a user to another user by finding a common bond (in a band or song they both like)

rate my avy, or lets count to 1000 do neither of those, or as far as i can tell anything productive/helpful.

i have nothing against them, when we did have them i rarely if ever participated, i just ignored them and it was good enough, but they dont serve any purpose.

to make you feel better, ill give your sig and avy a 10.

#9 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:25 PM

I believe Defender didn't want threads with posts that had less than 5 words... henchewhy BOTH are gone.

#10 punqsux

punqsux

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:53 PM

moxio's sig 12/10

#11 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:56 PM

Because you touch yourself at night.

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#12 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 12:31 AM

I believe Defender didn't want threads with posts that had less than 5 words... henchewhy BOTH are gone.

Well...couldn't we start it again, and instead of just giving a score we put a reason why the score was given? That would be more than 5 words and keep everyone happy.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#13 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 02:23 AM

I enjoyed those threads paticularly the Rate my Avatar ones. Thats just my 2 cents

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#14 RAMSTORIA

RAMSTORIA

fate is inexorable

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 May 2005 - 04:50 AM

well im for bring the threads back, but make it a score and explanation, thus adding thoughts and dialogue to an otherwise "wasteful" thread... what say ye?

Posted Image

#15 zionoverfire

zionoverfire

Posted 26 May 2005 - 05:00 AM

well im for bring the threads back, but make it a score and explanation, thus adding thoughts and dialogue to an otherwise "wasteful" thread... what say ye?

I say go right ahead, the worst thing that could happen is the thread will be locked and we will be one CA CAG lighter, good thing there are plenty of you people.:D