Photo
- - - - -

The Guild Wars/2 Topic *Its Out All the Way Now!*

• Please log in to reply
1253 replies to this topic

#1 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:34 PM

Welcome to the Official CAG Guild Wars/2 Topic!

The Game is Out
Oh boy!

Our discussion question for the day/week/whatever is:
Now that you've had a little time to play the official release, what are some immediate improvements you think need to/could be made to the game?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News-
August 24, 2012
We Have Liftoff
Headstart is happening now. Hope you got your character names!

July 20, 2012
Third and Final BWE
Asura and Sylvari were playable along with their starter areas.

June 27, 2012
Stress Test 2
Stress Test was held and no one was able to play because of stupid time/day.

June 8, 2012
Second BWE
It was fun.

May 31, 2012
Second BWE on June 8th.
Return to Tyria with your beta characters intact.

May 10, 2012
Stress test May 14th.
Play from 11:00am to 6:00pm PST. Only open to those who preordered.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Deals-
idk

CAG Guild Wars 2 Players-
CAG Name/Guild Wars 2 Name/Server
crystalklear64/Pastiche/Darkhaven
Genocidal/Genocidal/Anvil Rock
WhoolzYourdaddy/Spaz The Engineer/Blackgate
woodcan/Fleshribbon/Jade Quarry

Edited by crystalklear64, 02 September 2012 - 11:31 PM.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:56 PM

Iam almost 18, sorry not had to much time lately

#3 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:41 PM

I'm sure I'll start playing again when an expansion comes out. I just can't justify beating this game over and over when I already beat it twice in the beta and I've got a tower of games to play yet...

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#4 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:19 PM

level 12 for me and always playin now for so reason i used to never play like twice a week no its 24/7
AIM: PrO AcTiVe Xx
GT: PrO AcTiVe

Games playing: BF2: MC(For 360), GRAW (For 360), and planning on getting WoW soon.

#5 Pylis

Pylis

Cheap Ass Super-Ninja

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 08:28 PM

Haven't played in some time now. Just logged on and accepted your guild invite. I'll have to start playing again.
Posted Image

#6 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:29 AM

hey crystal, yeahright, vhimv, and I left the guild.
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#7 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 July 2005 - 08:44 AM

hey crystal, yeahright, vhimv, and I left the guild.

its cause we want to be in a guild hall and all that good stuff

Games playing: BF2: MC(For 360), GRAW (For 360), and planning on getting WoW soon.

#8 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 11 July 2005 - 09:35 AM

Yea yea yea, I haven't updated anything for awhile. Tomorrow I'll be playing, so I'll get everything up to snuff.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:21 AM

now 15 and at forge finally how is everyone else doin?

#10 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:17 PM

yeah so i was wonderin wut was the best classes for this cause i want to try out some new guys besides W/Mo

#11 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:58 PM

yeah so i was wonderin wut was the best classes for this cause i want to try out some new guys besides W/Mo

you could try using a E/Mo, and be a protective monk and use earth magic. or that's what I'm gonna try next :D
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#12 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:52 AM

ok thanks renegade

#13 kingtz

kingtz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2005 - 02:59 AM

Just an update:

"King Commando" has left the guild.

I'm a W/Mo20 so feel free to message me if anyone needs any help.
Posted Image

#14 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:44 AM

Just an update:

"King Commando" has left the guild.

I'm a W/Mo20 so feel free to message me if anyone needs any help.

king would you care to join the guild vhimv, yeahright, and I are in? we participate in lots of gvg.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#15 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2005 - 06:41 PM

yeah were really ko0 and everyone is nice thats in it

#16 kingtz

kingtz

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 July 2005 - 01:13 AM

king would you care to join the guild vhimv, yeahright, and I are in? we participate in lots of gvg.

Thanks for the invitation but I've recently joined a guild that I'm very happy with. However, if you guys ever need an extra guy in UW, FoW, Team Arenas, or Tombs, feel free to message me anytime! (that offer stands for anyone in CAG as well).
Posted Image

#17 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 July 2005 - 12:49 AM

can one of you guys help me? My computer restarts every time I play this game for more than an hour at a time and it's really getting quite annoying.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#18 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 22 July 2005 - 01:00 AM

Computer might be overheating. Also, if you're using a laptop or a non-ventilated system, the video card gpu could be overheating as well. Download a temperature moniter and see what your temps. are getting up to on your cpu and mb.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#19 Logg

Logg

Every Time I Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 02:28 AM

You know I really liked this game until I played World Of Warcraft

Fuck this game

#20 Zer0X1999

Zer0X1999

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:17 AM

You know I really liked this game until I played World Of Warcraft

Fuck this game

I switched over to WOW as well, but that does not make Guild Wars and less of a good game. I spent over 100 enjoyable hours with the game.

Though I'm itching to finish the last 4 mission in GW, WOW owns my soul right now :bomb: .
Posted Image

#21 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 04 September 2005 - 06:49 AM

I beat GW in two weeks. Im only about half done with wow and its been a month.

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#22 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 September 2005 - 01:22 AM

I want WoW but I don't wanna play.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#23 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:31 PM

A friend got this game yesterday and called me over to check it out. I got to ask wow it looks great but as a former MMO player of many diffrent types.

How fun is it? Is there any real story? Any CGI films hashing things out?
He has not got one party yet so I wonder is parting necessary or hard to get like in FFXI?

He wants me to get it and play with him on it, but I dont know about this game or if I want to start up another MMO atm.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#24 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 September 2005 - 08:57 PM

This may have been posted if so I missed it.

http://wowaids.ytmnd.com/
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#25 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2005 - 06:51 AM

There is a story, but it's one of the worst ever. there's cutscenes in every mission. overall pretty good imo the best thing imo is the pvp aspect.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#26 YeahRight13

YeahRight13

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2005 - 02:24 PM

just try it dude u will most likely like it but it is a little complicated

#27 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 23 September 2005 - 08:52 PM

Guild Wars is indeed fun! However, if you've played Diablo II it may seem a little slower paced. I'm currently on a D2 binge, but GW has recently released the Furnace of Sorrow free update, so I'm thinking of heading back to GW for a week or 2 to do the new missions and stuff.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#28 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2005 - 06:29 AM

Guild Wars is indeed fun! However, if you've played Diablo II it may seem a little slower paced. I'm currently on a D2 binge, but GW has recently released the Furnace of Sorrow free update, so I'm thinking of heading back to GW for a week or 2 to do the new missions and stuff.

please do crystal me and yeahright need you for my clan's gvg matches we've been doing em every night but we have to use a couple henchies cuz not enough of us our active. and If anyone else would like to join our guild then you can contact me through a pm because the CAG guild is kinda slow. My guild is spoondaggers and we gvg evry day. and My in game name is Chuck the Great.
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#29 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:23 AM

I'm going to pick up Guild Wars later this week. Anybody have any recommendations on classes and such?

I want to start with something simple like a tank warrior. But I then want to do something interesting as my secondary class. I was thinking Mesmer, since that's a tricky class to play it seems. That'll give me a chance to practice it.

And for some spells you need to get in close. That way I can not just walk into the fray but unleash one or two DoT spells or hexes. I hear energy is low with warriors but Mesmers have some spells that give them more energy points from what I've read.

They say moonk is one way to go but I think that would be common. Not to mention, I would assume that in PvP pure monks would be healing. Thought a Wrrior Necro sounds interesting because I could increase my attack damage with necro spells and also drain enemies for healing too.

I can't wait to play. I've heard there are afew balance issues so I want to know what's a good class combination.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#30 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 October 2005 - 03:25 AM

I'm going to pick up Guild Wars later this week. Anybody have any recommendations on classes and such?

I want to start with something simple like a tank warrior. But I then want to do something interesting as my secondary class. I was thinking Mesmer, since that's a tricky class to play it seems. That'll give me a chance to practice it.

And for some spells you need to get in close. That way I can not just walk into the fray but unleash one or two DoT spells or hexes. I hear energy is low with warriors but Mesmers have some spells that give them more energy points from what I've read.

They say moonk is one way to go but I think that would be common. Not to mention, I would assume that in PvP pure monks would be healing. Thought a Wrrior Necro sounds interesting because I could increase my attack damage with necro spells and also drain enemies for healing too.

I can't wait to play. I've heard there are afew balance issues so I want to know what's a good class combination.

cool - I just picked it up off of a CAG - great game so far = I'm about an hour in - I haven't had the time to figure out how to party up though :-s