New Sony $20 GH: Killzone, Jak 3, HSG:FORE!, Sly2, +more

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2005 - 11:56 PM

Good things come to those who wait, and wait, and then even wait some more after this announcement. Those good things are that six games from SCEA have attained Greatest Hits status and will soon be available for $19.99. So now Jak 3, Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Killzone, ATV Offroad Fury 3, Hot Shots Golf FORE!, and Sly 2: Band of Thieves will all be much more affordable in the near future. As for when these new prices will take effect, that is still a little uncertain. Unconfirmed reports have the date as being August 23, but so far Sony has not yet returned any calls to settle the matter.

If the reports are true, then the timing is perfect since three of the franchises will be seeing sequels coming out in the next couple of months: Jak, Ratchet, and Sly. For those who were wanting to bone up on the story and check out some great gaming in the process this price drop should help immensely. But the biggest news of them all is for Killzone which still retains its retail price of $49.99 nine months after its release compared to the $39.99 for the other titles.

Source: IGN.com
http://ps2.ign.com/a...9/639001p1.html

I didn't know where to post this or if it was already posted (if so, please close). Some of these games are already marked down, like the Incredibles, and some you will have to wait for, like the article states. Nice to hear of a Killzone drop in price, even though I already have it.

#2 zackattack

zackattack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:01 AM

yessss killzone and HSG will be mine from best buy :D
Thanks for info!

#3 Nirvanaguy777

Nirvanaguy777

All Hope Will Someday Die

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:03 AM

This is a repost, but thanks for the reminder since I forgot.
Posted Image
David Post
Currently Playing: Persona 4 and Starcraft 2.

#4 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:04 AM

http://www.cheapassg...t=greatest hits

#5 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:05 AM

This is a repost, but thanks for the reminder since I forgot.

yeah, I expected it to be, since usually IGN news is something that everyone tends to get pretty easily.

#6 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:07 AM

I plan on getting Killzone (I love this game but stupidly sold it :sad: ), Ratchet, Jak, and possibly Sly 2. All very very awesome games :)

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#7 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 August 2005 - 12:09 AM

Dang. Killzone and Sly 2 are NOT good for Pricegrabber. They'd be steals at $10 (after Pricegrabber and $5 BestBuy/McD coupon). Oh, well. I may still get Sly 2 for $15.

I may get Jak 3, though. It's good for Pricegrabber.
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image