Get free games if you played in Advent Rising tournament

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#1 dhrez

dhrez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

[quote name='http://www.talkxbox.com/article1351.html']After careful assessment of the technical issues identified with the Advent Rising “Race to Save Humanity” contest, Majesco Entertainment and Xbox Live® have determined there to be no technically feasible solution that would allow the contest to continue in a fair and secure manner. As such, we apologize for any inconvenience, but we must unfortunately cancel the contest.

However, as consolation, Majesco Entertainment has set up a program in which contest participants can receive two FREE Majesco Entertainment games for the Xbox video game console. Those interested are invited to follow the steps below for redemption.

1. Send an original Advent Rising Xbox UPC or photocopy of the UPC along with your name, date of birth, shipping address (we cannot ship to P.O. boxes), and Xbox Live Gamertag along with your choice of two (2) of the following games. You must be 17 or older to receive a Mature-rated game:

a. BloodRayne™ 2 (Xbox, Rated M)
b. Guilty Gear X2 #Reload (Xbox, Rated T)
c. Psychonauts™ (Xbox, Rated T)
d. Raze’s Hell™ (Xbox, Rated M)
e. Phantom Dust™ (Xbox, Rated T)

2. Mail the UPC along with the required information in an envelope to:

Advent Rising Contest Customer Service
P.O. Box 6570
Edison, NJ 08818-6570

3. Submissions must be received by September 15, 2005.
4. Additional information: Please allow four to six weeks for delivery of games. Majesco reserves the right to substitute a game of equal value as quantities are limited. While supplies last. Limit one redemption per contest participant.

If there are further questions, please email Majesco Entertainment Customer Service at arcontestfeedback@majescoentertainment.com.

Sincerely,

Majesco Entertainment & Xbox Live[/quote]

Evidently you have to have participated in the tournament. They check by your GamerTag. I didn't even play the game, heard it was horrible, but I'm sure a few people here did.

#2 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:00 AM

how does one partcipate in the contest? because i rented the game and i downloaded some xbox live update for the tournament...but that's it. i only beat the first level before deciding the game sucked and returned it

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:03 AM

Wow, that's nice of them.. I want someone's copy of Psychonauts!!!!!!

#4 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:03 AM

oh, and you can bet that there's no technical difficutlies about the contest. advent rising did very poor that they probably didnt want to give away 1 million dollars, lol

#5 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:11 AM

One of the things that sucks about living in MD: I couldn't enter it, nor can I enter any other skill-based competition for prizes.

#6 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:15 AM

oh, and you can bet that there's no technical difficutlies about the contest. advent rising did very poor that they probably didnt want to give away 1 million dollars, lol

Yeah I was planning on trying it one day to find the $1 million mark. :-(
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#7 Autumn Star

Autumn Star

Posted 17 August 2005 - 02:23 AM

haha you're probably right. They could'nt afford to pay 1 million dollars because the game sucked ass. And didnt do well in the stores... or anywhere.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:30 AM

haha you're probably right. They could'nt afford to pay 1 million dollars because the game sucked ass. And didnt do well in the stores... or anywhere.

Advent Rising is just another victim to the all powerful hype-machine that "fanboys" are known for.

#9 Metal Boss

Metal Boss

Supreme Master of Hadou

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 08:33 AM

haha their game sucked.

#10 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

The game didn't suck.

But hey, at least I don't have to pay for Psychonauts now! Not that it was ever worth buying, anyway.

#11 -Never4ever-

-Never4ever-

That Guy.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:09 AM

I got the email too, but my box crapped out a week ago and I only rented AR :cry:

#12 dhrez

dhrez

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:49 AM

If you participated in the tournament but don't have the game anymore all you have to do is take a picture of the game somewhere. I'm sure Blockbuster has a few copies.

#13 ajh2298

ajh2298

2009 Stanley Cup Champs

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:58 AM

I played the game for like 15 minutes on single player, I might just try to to send in a photo-copy of the UPC and see what happens.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

#14 Togepy

Togepy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:53 PM

I am sitting here laughing my ass off at this because I knew they would NEVER, EVER, give out 1 million dollars for such a low quality and low selling game like this. They probably had this all planned out to begin with. Well I guess holding onto my rental and finding the first object (with help from Gamefaqs) was a good idea afterall, since I ended up getting the email as well. Psychonauts here I come! Any suggestions for the second game? I already have Phantom Dust.
Cause if you're not cheap, you're not trying!

#15 ananag112

ananag112

CAGS FOR COCO!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 12:58 PM

I am sitting here laughing my ass off at this because I knew they would NEVER, EVER, give out 1 million dollars for such a low quality and low selling game like this. They probably had this all planned out to begin with. Well I guess holding onto my rental and finding the first object (with help from Gamefaqs) was a good idea afterall, since I ended up getting the email as well. Psychonauts here I come! Any suggestions for the second game? I already have Phantom Dust.

Guilty Gear X2 Reload is quite good if you like 2D fighting games.
Posted Image

#16 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 August 2005 - 03:30 PM

Can you still log on? I only played the single-player aspect of the game.
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#17 ratzombie

ratzombie

aka yunkie

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:14 AM

The game didn't suck.

But hey, at least I don't have to pay for Psychonauts now! Not that it was ever worth buying, anyway.

...and why would you say that?

#18 nnthomas

nnthomas

meeble meeble

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:10 AM

Um, because it sucks? :)

#19 Togepy

Togepy

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 04:35 PM

Signed, Sealed and Delivered. I bought the game from Best Buy, drove two blocks to a copy store, made a copy of the back, drove to Best Buy, returned it, free bar code.
Cause if you're not cheap, you're not trying!

#20 mcwilliams132

mcwilliams132

Call me Betty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:37 PM

hmmm...I did hook up to xbox live while I rented it. I finished the game and I'm glad I rented it 'cause I'd be pissed if I bought it (maybe for $10).

Maybe someone can post a scan of the UPC (or a link to one)...wouldn't mind getting a fee game or two...
/* -------------------------------------------------------
Xbox Live: Captain Betty
Twitter: @CaptainBetty
-------------------------------------------------------- */

#21 mtdeeley

mtdeeley

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:51 PM

I copied the back of a box at Hollywood video.

For those of you wondering about the contest, every week you could download an "A"-shaped icon that would be hidden in the game. Finding the icon gave you a code you entered on the game's website. FIrst person to enter it got that week's cahs prize. Later entrants got Sobe-branded products. Only two downloads were created. Don't know if you can still get them.

If you can, they show up in Level 1B, and level 2A. (Hints: Blue Room, and Freeway.)

I was disappointed by the game. I beat it on normal in only 2 days. The hard level was impossible. Graphics looked outdated, story was cliche, and my copy mixed up the alternate endings! The flick targetting got in the way too often. There's some fun to be had running around hsooting aliens and using your powers, but not enough to buy for $50.

I already sent my letter asking for Psychonauts and Guilty Gear X2. Already got Phantom Dust. Wouldn't mind Raze's Hell, but not looking forward to Bloodrayne 2.

#22 ryosnk

ryosnk

I'm a super patriot.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:01 AM

Interesting, thanks op.

#23 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:05 AM

I copied the back of a box at Hollywood video.

For those of you wondering about the contest, every week you could download an "A"-shaped icon that would be hidden in the game. Finding the icon gave you a code you entered on the game's website. FIrst person to enter it got that week's cahs prize. Later entrants got Sobe-branded products. Only two downloads were created. Don't know if you can still get them.

If you can, they show up in Level 1B, and level 2A. (Hints: Blue Room, and Freeway.)

I was disappointed by the game. I beat it on normal in only 2 days. The hard level was impossible. Graphics looked outdated, story was cliche, and my copy mixed up the alternate endings! The flick targetting got in the way too often. There's some fun to be had running around hsooting aliens and using your powers, but not enough to buy for $50.

I already sent my letter asking for Psychonauts and Guilty Gear X2. Already got Phantom Dust. Wouldn't mind Raze's Hell, but not looking forward to Bloodrayne 2.

do you have to find the clue in order to get the free games, or is downloading the file good enough?

#24 DesertEagleXIX

DesertEagleXIX

Semper Economus!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:11 AM

From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...
Posted Image
www.tech-gaming.com

#25 Barnolde

Barnolde

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 04:30 AM

Scan:

http://images.dvdemp...es/600899bh.jpg

#26 Wario64

Wario64

• Forum Moderator

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:20 AM

From a company e-mail: all you need is a Gamertag and the UPC code. It doesn't mmatter if you downloaded anything via Live. In fact you cannot anymore...

man, people will abuse the hell out of this if that's true

#27 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:24 AM

Hmm.. just a scan..

it's a trap!

#28 Rig

Rig

Rig = Lunar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:34 AM

I think my friend played the game over XBL last week. I'll show him this thread.

#29 mcwilliams132

mcwilliams132

Call me Betty

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

Scan:

http://images.dvdemp...es/600899bh.jpg

You 'da man Barnolde!

Thanks!

Edit...

Although that scan is good, I found a slightly better one (prints larger) at http://www.cdcovers.cc/

just do a search.
/* -------------------------------------------------------
Xbox Live: Captain Betty
Twitter: @CaptainBetty
-------------------------------------------------------- */

#30 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 August 2005 - 05:27 PM

From TalkXbox.com:

NOTE: You must have a valid Xbox Live gamertag that participated in the original "Race to Save Humanity" contest in order to receive your two games from Majesco. Sorry, but taking pictures of the game in Blockbuster just won't cut it.