Indiana Deals Thread

• Please log in to reply
2472 replies to this topic

#1 craven_fiend

craven_fiend

It Gives You Wings

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:09 AM

Post any deals you find locally in Indiana in here. When posting deals, post your location and store along with the deal itself.
Posted Image

#2 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:16 AM

I believe Game XChange over in West Lafayette has slashed most of their prices on Sega Saturn games in recent memory. I picked up Bust-a-Move 2 and Darius Gaiden for $7.50 a pop and noticed that they used to be $15 apiece. Granted, most of the Saturn titles they have left are pretty generic (and expensive, really), but who else has Saturn games nowadays?

They're wonderful for the classics (I should have picked up Magic Sword) but their prices are a bit on the high side for most items. Still, if you want to find more uncommon and, in some cases, rare old games, they're worth checking out.

If anyone has any tips or deals around the Bloomington area, please throw something my way. I love the EB out here, I'm sort of ambivalent about the GameStop, and the BestBuy pretty much makes me cry when it comes to game stock and deals.

#3 Grugger

Grugger

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 03:11 PM

I live in West Lafayette, where is the Game XChange?

#4 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:55 PM

It's nice to see another from West Lafayette, right here.:)

Well, I'm currently living in West Lafayette, since I go to college at Purdue. On some weekends and all breaks, I will be in my hometown, which is Fort Wayne. I'll keep a close watch on the deals, like I usually do.;)
Posted Image

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:57 PM

is game xchange inside a video store called VIDEO STOP... they used to be up here till they went belly up

reaasons

1.. you could get games on ebay for less then 10 but sell them to them for between 15-35 each

2. they only allow returns 24 hours meaning if the game stopped working in 2 days you was SOL ..

3. They never advertised not even word of mouth

and
finally
4... their workers thought they knew everything and was VERY Rude to customeres. though there was some nice ones most of them was rude...
WOOOO I STINK

#6 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 18 October 2005 - 03:50 PM

is game xchange inside a video store called VIDEO STOP... they used to be up here till they went belly up

reaasons

1.. you could get games on ebay for less then 10 but sell them to them for between 15-35 each

2. they only allow returns 24 hours meaning if the game stopped working in 2 days you was SOL ..

3. They never advertised not even word of mouth

and
finally
4... their workers thought they knew everything and was VERY Rude to customeres. though there was some nice ones most of them was rude...

Actually slidecage, it's a different store. I remember the Game Xchange that was in Video Stop, but the one in Lafayette is completely different. It's actually a very good used game store with decent prices, and a ton of used games across most every console. It's a pretty large store too. It's my itself, not withing a video store. I haven't been there in several weeks though.
Posted Image

#7 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

How to describe it...I go to IU Bloomington so I was really in the area only once so far. Basically it's on the large stretch of road that pretty much contains every major store and eatery you can think of, the one with the Super Target and the Olive Garden and so forth. The Game XChange is in a small shopping center along with a large pizza place and some other stores as well. Let's see if I have the address on me still...

Game XChange
3861 SR26 East Ste L
Lafayette, IN 47905

#8 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 18 October 2005 - 11:59 PM

I remember the location of GameXchange is you're basically turn where you see KFC, which I go to all the time.:D

I believe there's two locations of Game Xchange, but they are both on the Lafayette side. West Lafayette just has an EB Games, which is a short walk from where I live.
Posted Image

#9 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:10 AM

I'm currently attending Purdue here in West Lafayette! Nice to see another Boilermaker here!:D

But I have no car and taking the bus takes way too long, not to mention the bus system sucks balls so I'm pretty much out on any deals. Plus, this doesn't sound like much of a deal...:P

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#10 WAJedi

WAJedi

Posted 19 October 2005 - 08:20 AM

Ummmm Go IRISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I go to Notre Dame....)
Posted Image

#11 erehwon

erehwon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 19 October 2005 - 07:19 PM

I have a question for you guys. Do you know of any independent games stores in or around Fort Wayne, besides McVans? McVans is usually overpriced for my tastes. All the other game stores are the major ones. 4 EBs, 2 GS, and 2 GC. I'm trying to find a store with some cheap saturn and other classic stuff.

#12 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 19 October 2005 - 10:12 PM

I believe there is another video game store, where one location is somewhere around the SE side of town, because I saw a commercial to it. However, it was a long time ago, so who knows if its still there. You're exactly right about McVan's. I stopped going there years ago due to their ridiculous prices. Years ago, they weren't too bad, since I could do trades for a decent price. Now, they look high because I can pay the same price to trade in a game, as to buy a new game at EB.
Posted Image

#13 AfroPig

AfroPig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:53 PM

I have a question for you guys. Do you know of any independent games stores in or around Fort Wayne, besides McVans? McVans is usually overpriced for my tastes. All the other game stores are the major ones. 4 EBs, 2 GS, and 2 GC. I'm trying to find a store with some cheap saturn and other classic stuff.

I know exactly what you mean with McVans, they can be pretty expensive. I would like to know of any other places as well, since I go to Ft. Wayne on the weekends I'm home from school. I might have to check out the GameXchange here in WL too.

#14 niceguyshawne

niceguyshawne

Hardcore since '74

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 06:58 PM

McVan's is good if you are looking for some harder to find stuff. Other than that, I would pass on them.

#15 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 07:20 PM

I live in Jasper now... and I'll be heading over to Evansville next week... I'll see if I can snoop anything out there.

You Bloomington guys wouldn't have a nice deal on a hard drive around there, would you? I go that way every now and then when me and my Partner drive up to Indy for meetings...

#16 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 October 2005 - 09:53 PM

I live in Jasper now... and I'll be heading over to Evansville next week... I'll see if I can snoop anything out there.

You Bloomington guys wouldn't have a nice deal on a hard drive around there, would you? I go that way every now and then when me and my Partner drive up to Indy for meetings...

Well, last week there wasn't anything interesting going on as far as hard drive deals were concerned. I think the best "deal" was at Best Buy where some external drive was at around a $1.10 per GB ratio, which is fairly poor. Considering the only major electronics stores around here seem to be Best Buy and maybe that PC store in the shopping center across the street with Borders and whatnot, there aren't too many places to pick up parts for decent prices.

#17 heffaji

heffaji

knows the score

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:04 AM

Just posting to state my status as another current resident of Bloomington.

#18 jdevlin7756

jdevlin7756

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:22 AM

Just moved to Mishawaka by South Bend

I'm wondering if WAJedi is the other cheapass that always seems to get in on the same deals I get at the BestBuy here.

#19 WAJedi

WAJedi

Posted 24 October 2005 - 06:02 AM

Yeah, thats me probably.
Posted Image

#20 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:17 PM

If you need Donkey Konga bongos for a cheap price the EBGames in College Mall in Bloomington has at least two of them for $12.99 apiece. Last I checked was on Monday but Used Peripherals take a lot of time to sell in that location. Shame, too, since they have some sickening deals (ie: some Dreamcast controllers for $0.99, PS/PS2 Dance Pads for $9.99, great carrying cases for PS1/PS2 for $9.99, etc.)

Just giving a heads-up. I'd grab a few myself but shipping them home would end up costing me around $18 or $19 in the long run and that's just too much at the moment. Enjoy the savings!

Also...since I probably won't jump on it myself, ask whoever is working there if they still have Vanguard Bandits for PS1 for $17.99 in the back. They had their Used PS1 sheets out in the store a month ago and it was among a bevvy of titles not actually in the front of the store itself. If nobody picked it up, it's a great game at a fantastic price that I can't jump on at the moment either. Well worth your while, if you enjoy strategy/RPGs!

#21 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:39 PM

Hey guys, I just joined CAG.

I'm in Ft. Wayne here. Originally from near Muncie (Ball State).

If you're in Muncie, check Dave's Video & Tan. It's in the strip mall near Marsh's supermarket close to the Muncie Mall. The selection is usually a bit dated, but they tend to have lots of used titles and accessories cheap. They take DVD & CD trade-in's from the college students, but I think most of the games are from their rental business. Things could have changed in the last year or so since I've been there. Used to be a great place for last years games, GBA stuff, and extra controllers and memory cards.

Any good deals in Ft. Wayne lately?

I'm on the lookout for a used or cheap original GBA for my wife right now.

I think if I can, tonight I'm going to hit EB, Babbages and KB at Glenbrook here in Ft. Wayne.

#22 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:42 PM

I haven't been around Fort Wayne much lately, since I haven't gone home much from college, at Purdue Univ.

Nice to meet you though.;)
Posted Image

#23 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:51 PM

McVan's is good if you are looking for some harder to find stuff. Other than that, I would pass on them.

mcvans is a major rip off.. They will offer you 10 bucks for your game and turn around and sell it for 40.. Go to one of their stores if you want a good laugh.. They got games in there USED for 38 when you can get them Sealed at eb or another game store for 20...
WOOOO I STINK

#24 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:35 AM

I hit Target:

On the discount encap near the pet supplies, they have a few copies of "Feel the Magic: XY XX" for $10. They also had two copies of Darkstalkers for PSP for $15.

The video games endcap had a few GC titles for $15 (Winnie the Pooh, and some Greatest Hits type stuff, nothing great) There were more copies of "Feel the Magic" there as well.

The bin at KB Glenbrook was wiped out, 4 or 5 Xbox sports titles left.

EB in the mall looks like they marked down some GBA games to clearance, put a bunch of carts into the $9.99 - $15.99 range. They're probably listed in the that thread on the main part of the messageboard.

#25 AfroPig

AfroPig

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 12:20 AM

yo arbiter, I have a GBA (with box still) I'm looking to get rid of somehow if I could get a decent amount for it. PM me or something if you're interested.

#26 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

yo arbiter, I have a GBA (with box still) I'm looking to get rid of somehow if I could get a decent amount for it. PM me or something if you're interested.

I might be interested in your GBA, since I have been playing all my GBA games on my Gameboy Player, and I am interested in playing them on the go. I'll think about it, although my money will go fast on Nov. 16th.
Posted Image

#27 scdoanintendo

scdoanintendo

Nintendo = Gaming

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 November 2005 - 03:18 AM

A little OTT, but any Northwest Indy people want to camp out for a 360?

#28 saetia

saetia

Skyrim 11/11/11

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:14 AM

I'll be at teh Best Buy in Castleton at 8:00 pm the night before.
NieR = my GotY.

#29 arbiter

arbiter

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:59 AM

I'll pass on the GBA. Babbages at Glenbook had the pink one (for the wife) and after I told them I was planning on changing out the screen cover because it was scratched, they did it for me! The lady manager swapped it with another cover from stock while I waited.

BTW, good deal on a GBA, they're only $20 there...but they only had a few left.
If the screen is too scratched you can change it out with a kit from Nintendo for about $4.

EB @ Jefferson Point has some GB Color battery packs and cases for $1-$4.

#30 Mana Knight

Mana Knight

Posted 09 November 2005 - 03:02 AM

The EB @ Jefferson Pointe is normally where I am, since I live on the SW side of Fort Wayne. I still have my old GBC.

I was surprised Babbages at Glenbrook let you change the GBA, because I've had way too many bad experiences with them over the years; however, that was probably 50 employees ago (Not sure if it will be noticed, but almost every time I went there over the past 6 years, there's a new employee working there, while there has been several different managers).
Posted Image