TenneCAGs

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#1 theq87

theq87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 October 2005 - 08:38 PM

I think it'd be pretty rad if someone with better image-generatin' skillz than me made a graphic of this. Y'know, to help us rep TN...

And a pun. Anyway, yeah, I'd be sure to include it in my sig.

Good day.

edit: If this wasn't supposed to be in this forum, my bad.

#2 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 October 2005 - 11:18 PM

Tennesee CAGs for the win.

#3 karmapolice

karmapolice

Resistance is useless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:16 AM

rep the TN
XBL: karma024

Tradelist
Collection

#4 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:25 AM

yar

#5 GaijinTenshi

GaijinTenshi

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:49 AM

I'll see what I can do in the Photoshop department.

Lower Antioch, TN Rep.

PS: What should we have on the banner? I'll totally be doing this blind without SOME guidelines.

#6 theq87

theq87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:46 PM

Hooray! Uh, I don't really know what should be on there..just the "TenneCAGs" logo/text/whatever, and something relating to TN, I guess. Just anything cool looking, y'know?

#7 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 01:54 AM

Wow I thought there were only like 4 TN CAGs well I guess with me thats only five so far :lol:

#8 masterh

masterh

Stop that!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 02:07 PM

Six!
Seven if you count my younger brother, who's only made a single post.

#9 SierraNight

SierraNight

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:16 AM

Alright, I'm from New York, but am moving to Hopkinsville, KY next week. I've been told by my friend there that the nearest big city is Nashville, TN....so that's probably where I'll be doing most of my shopping. Any must see game stores, places to avoid, etc?
631261.png

#10 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:31 PM

Alright, I'm from New York, but am moving to Hopkinsville, KY next week. I've been told by my friend there that the nearest big city is Nashville, TN....so that's probably where I'll be doing most of my shopping. Any must see game stores, places to avoid, etc?

places to avoid: Nashville ;). I can't personally say that i've ever video game shoped in nashville. But there is a Rhinos in murfreesboro (about 40 mins or so away from Nashville) that you can use the trade 2 get 1 thing that most people from around here do

#11 theq87

theq87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:36 PM

If it's some older stuff you're after, Nashville is actually pretty great. I swear by the Great Escape; they pretty much have any old random thing pertaining to gaming laying around in some box or another. I needed a Gamecube/GBA cable today, for example, and I spotted a first party cable for 3.99.

Heading up north to Madison, there's another Great Escape, but the selection is more limited and traffic tends to be hell on any mid-afternoon weekday. Along the way there's a store called "Gametrader"...their prices are pretty nuts, but you'll find some nice rare stuff, as well as imported goodness. I bought a copy of Earthbound there for $30 once, and I recently saw a copy of Intelligent Qube for $50. Lots of SNES/NES stuff, but like I said, the newer game prices are bad.

Other than that, you have six or seven EBs within driving distance...some Gamestops that never seem to have anything good in stock, TRU/Bestbuy/the usual suspects. I do wish we had a Rhino, though.

#12 demonlord6696

demonlord6696

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:32 AM

Im in TN

#13 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:39 AM

My home town is Chattanooga. Are there any good deals/finds there? I would imagine the CC and BB had some good clearance stuff. And I always seem to find rare/uncommon games at McKays

#14 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:36 PM

south tn up in here.

#15 swick

swick

Sad Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:42 PM

Nashville represent! I finally moved back into town after living in Jackson for a few years, so I'm glad. As far as game shopping goes, theq87's right about Nashville - it's got some pretty great spots to find stuff. Knoxville's also really good - Plenty of the standard EBs and Gamestops, plus a few specialty places (McKay's is possibly one of the best stores ever) and pawn shops. Found myself a complete copy of Intelligent Qube at a pawn shop there for $3.99. Good times.

(Also, you know, if anybody wants to hook me up with a computer fixin' job, that'd be nice... Four years of tech support experience, yo.)

#16 guessed

guessed

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

I do wish we had a Rhino, though.

I'd like to have one closer, but Murfreesboro isn't that far to go every once in a while (and there is a Hastings there, too, although I haven't dropped by there on my last few trips). What we really need are Fry's and GameRush.

I actually ran into swick at TRU last Saturday, which was a little surreal, since I had not read his post and didn't realize he'd moved back. We'd met a few times before when he was driving through town (stealing deals from true nashvillians, jk).

#17 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 10:55 PM

I'd like to have one closer, but Murfreesboro isn't that far to go every once in a while (and there is a Hastings there, too, although I haven't dropped by there on my last few trips). What we really need are Fry's and GameRush.

I actually ran into swick at TRU last Saturday, which was a little surreal, since I had not read his post and didn't realize he'd moved back. We'd met a few times before when he was driving through town (stealing deals from true nashvillians, jk).

Hastings is garbage now for games. I did find Ninja Gaiden black for 19.99 today they have like 4 more if anyone is intrested. also had animal crossing for 9.99 if anyone is intrested

#18 Dreamstate

Dreamstate

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:10 AM

Knoxville Represented.
----------------------------------

I want handhelds! I want more handhelds!!!!!!!:bouncy:
My Tradelist -

#19 karmapolice

karmapolice

Resistance is useless

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:04 AM

I was wondering if you go to MTSU Odenat? I'll be going off to college next year and im thinking of going there. It will be nice to be around rhino's. It's a good school too...
XBL: karma024

Tradelist
Collection

#20 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:16 AM

I was wondering if you go to MTSU Odenat? I'll be going off to college next year and im thinking of going there. It will be nice to be around rhino's. It's a good school too...

Not at the moment I don't. I know there is a couple that do go to MTSU that post on here. The video game shoping is okay here. It really depends on your timing. I've found Gitaroo Man and Scorch has found a mint VP.

#21 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:53 AM

Anyone here planning on camping out for a 360?

#22 DM1978

DM1978

CAG since July 2005

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 04:42 AM

North TN here. The Huntsville/Helenwood area. There are absolutely no store deals to speak of around here.

I'm planning to move to the Clinton/Oak Ridge area by summer 2006, then I can start taking avantage of some of the in-store only deals, like at Target and etc.

"By Grabthar's Hammer, what a saving." - Sir Alexander Dane(Galaxy Quest)

ccccccccc[]================>

#23 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 November 2005 - 05:05 AM

hell yeah, swing this way and we'll tag team Rhino

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#24 mietha

mietha

Posted 20 November 2005 - 12:03 PM

Ok, am I the only one who DOESN'T like Rhino? The one time I went most of the stuff on the shelves were sun bleached (UV protection anyone?) and one of the employees was cussing more than I do, and that's quite a lot, with customers in the store. That was just a little too unprofessional for me, sorry. Besides the prices on almost everything were TRU out of whack. The only decent prices I saw were on some bootleg soundtracks (.hack and FFX-2). And yes, hastings, in murfreesboro at least, is utter shit for used games. They have no guidelines AT ALL for accepting stuff, so you are very lucky if anything you get there even works, and the prices aren't that great anyway. As for 360 camping, probably not I, but for anyone who is, the TRU has 12 non-preordered units. Not a lot, but if most people think they won't have any due to the fact that they were doing preorders, you might have a shot. They hadn't busted the boxes yet though, so they didn't know how many were POS core and how many were real. No clue if they will be requiring dumb ass bundles or not though. I would love to be camping, well maybe love is too strong of a word, but I pissed away too much money on the media play sale today.
Posted Image

#25 CaboWabo

CaboWabo

9-Year CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 November 2005 - 04:18 PM

I live in Nashville, TN too.

BTW, if any of you find a premium XBOX 360 available in any Nashville area stores, please message me. I've looked everywhere with no luck.

#26 dark_inchworm

dark_inchworm

Oyasuminasai

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:06 AM

Ok, am I the only one who DOESN'T like Rhino? The one time I went most of the stuff on the shelves were sun bleached (UV protection anyone?) ...

I had never even heard of Rhino until I met my most recent girlfriend (a psycho biatch) in January. Her brother apparently did all his game shopping there, which was unfortunate since he bought games often and they hardly ever seem to have any deals whatsoever. Anyway, Psycho Girl and I decided to take a trip up there one day... and holy cow. It looked like those games had been sitting outside for years, they were so sun bleached. You can't judge anything by its cover, they say, but you can certainly flat-out turn it down... and I would not buy that kind of crap.

#27 Odenat

Odenat

I throw a good ball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:13 AM

Well I don't go to Rhinos for there selection of older games. I think most of us just use the Trade 2 Get 1 to build store credit to buy newer games or to get a system. I did find a gunstar heros the other day in pretty good shape.

#28 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:39 AM

Where not to go? Memphis. We have exactly jack and shit.

#29 Chrono81

Chrono81

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

You got that right buddy.

#30 specialk

specialk

[Game Over]

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:27 AM

somone refresh my memory...the hastings in the boro....what trade in deals do they have?
i could get rid of some random stuff.