Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:32 PM

For all two of us.

Posted Image

#2 el bobo

el bobo

Neuroscience

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:34 PM

I lived in Falmouth for four years, I don't know if you know where it is but it was a nice little town.
Bom chicka wow wow
Pitt '12

#3 Greetard

Greetard

Egotistical Prick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 October 2005 - 07:38 PM

I lived in Falmouth for four years, I don't know if you know where it is but it was a nice little town.

Yeah, and you were pretty close to Portland too. I live in the L/A area, so it is a roughly 40 minute drive to anyplace remotely interesting.

Posted Image

#4 Jaket

Jaket

Ask me about my Halo 3 stats

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 09:31 PM

maine sucks

and yeah, my grandmother lives in falmouth... so do like all my relatives it's ill there

this thread will most likely be a greetard/jaket show by the way
still alive

#5 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 17 October 2005 - 10:06 PM

Haven't lived there for 9 years but Skowhegan/Norridgewock former resident here
Posted Image

#6 Greetard

Greetard

Egotistical Prick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 October 2005 - 08:25 PM

I thought I a saw another new guy too. That makes 3.

We are awesome.

Posted Image

#7 acolyte

acolyte

Posted 19 October 2005 - 09:28 PM

I visit stores in Lewiston/Auburn, even though I have yet to see anything resembling a deal in one of them.

#8 Blade

Blade

Trying to have a member title that's longer than MDerrick

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:00 PM

I still live in Skowhegan, and unfortunately jlarlee is a little too old for me to have known.

Why do I have to drive for two hours to reach your town, Greetard? Why do you horde Big Lots and the other good stores?

#9 Jaket

Jaket

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

I still live in Skowhegan, and unfortunately jlarlee is a little too old for me to have known.

Why do I have to drive for two hours to reach your town, Greetard? Why do you horde Big Lots and the other good stores?

HA! i'm sorry... i thought you just called big lots a good store

I must be mistaken

next time your in auburn though, stop into gamestop and see if jake is working thats me
still alive

#10 smellhasreturned

smellhasreturned

Peyton Manning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 08:26 PM

OH NOES NEW HAMPSHIRE INVASION

hey guys
Posted Image

#11 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:22 PM

My little brother Jordan graduated in 2004. I'm still slightly famous there due to my juvenile deliquency back in 94
Posted Image

#12 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 21 October 2005 - 09:43 PM

I lived in camden for 2 years...

Posted Image

#13 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 02:57 AM

My little brother Jordan graduated in 2004. I'm still slightly famous there due to my juvenile deliquency back in 94

Really? I know Jordan Burdet, who is semi-famous for juvenile delinquency. He graduated with me, though. I never hung out with him because the truck-driving, beer-drinking, Carrhart-wearing redneck scheme isn't my clique. :lol:

Looked in the yearbook, and the only ones are Jordan Burdet and Jordan Smith, both of whom graduated in 2005.

#14 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 22 October 2005 - 03:18 AM

Really? I know Jordan Burdet, who is semi-famous for juvenile delinquency. He graduated with me, though. I never hung out with him because the truck-driving, beer-drinking, Carrhart-wearing redneck scheme isn't my clique. :lol:

Looked in the yearbook, and the only ones are Jordan Burdet and Jordan Smith, both of whom graduated in 2005.

Jordan Larlee and I think it was 2003 actually forgot hes a junior at farmington now
Posted Image

#15 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 October 2005 - 07:51 PM

Oh yeah, I knew him. He was pretty cool for a giant.

#16 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:41 PM

Oh yeah, I knew him. He was pretty cool for a giant.

yea kind of humbling seeing your lil brother grow three inches taller than you. Luckily i got the looks advantage poor kid looks just like my dad
Posted Image

#17 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:26 PM

Haha, I never met your parents, but I played basketball with him in gym class once. Don't feel bad, he's almost a foot taller than me and I scored against him. ;-)

#18 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:54 PM

Update: It just started SNOWING.

#19 Jaket

Jaket

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 09:18 PM

Update: It just started SNOWING.

i got hit with hail on the way back from picking up GTA LCS
still alive

#20 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:41 PM

Have any of you guys ever encountered the incompetence that is a result of living in Maine? About an hour ago, I was in Bull Moose music trying to find some cool games. They had a special: Buy one specially marked 25% off and get up to five for 50% off each.

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it wasn't for the insanely high prices that they charge. Really guys, get with the program.

NHL '95 - $9! It's a SNES game!
WCW '98 - $13! It sucks, and it's a N64 game!
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter - $50!
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets GBA - $22!

What's worse is that these were all CART-ONLY.

#21 Jaket

Jaket

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 October 2005 - 10:58 PM

Have any of you guys ever encountered the incompetence that is a result of living in Maine? About an hour ago, I was in Bull Moose music trying to find some cool games. They had a special: Buy one specially marked 25% off and get up to five for 50% off each.

I wouldn't have a problem with that if it wasn't for the insanely high prices that they charge. Really guys, get with the program.

NHL '95 - $9! It's a SNES game!
WCW '98 - $13! It sucks, and it's a N64 game!
Breath of Fire Dragon Quarter - $50!
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets GBA - $22!

What's worse is that these were all CART-ONLY.

the bull moose warehouse just outside of south portland is awesome i think
still alive

#22 mattyp33

mattyp33

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:51 AM

hey guys, another Mainer here...living in South Portland, scored some games on the cheap over at the KB at the Maine Mall today, thanks to their sweet clearance sale...

-matt

#23 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 October 2005 - 02:18 PM

HA! i'm sorry... i thought you just called big lots a good store

I must be mistaken

next time your in auburn though, stop into gamestop and see if jake is working thats me

Hey, that's the Gamestop I hit! Are you guys doing the Trick or Treet Nintendogs promotion this weekend?

BTW, does anyone have any tips for places to get NES games cheap? I live in L/A, work in Portland (and hit Augusta on occassion as well).

#24 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 04:19 PM

Hey guys, I live in South Portland right now and I'm finishing up my last year at USM. I was at the Mall this week and hit BB and KB. Then I went to TRU to get some more games off of their B2G1F sale. All in all it's been a good week for me, but I think I may go back to Bull Moose Music (the one by the Maine Mall) and see if they have anything that isn't too expensive.

P.S. I've met Jake (StealthySeal) before in the EB in the mall, but he's the only CAG I've ever met. You guys should put yourselves on the new CAG map.

#25 Blade

Blade

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 November 2005 - 06:34 PM

Hey, since you're going to USM, look for a short deep-tanned asian kid named Derik Lee. He's a friend of mine. Make sure you punch him.

#26 acolyte

acolyte

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:11 AM

BTW, does anyone have any tips for places to get NES games cheap? I live in L/A, work in Portland (and hit Augusta on occassion as well).

It pains me to say this (because I don't really want to give myself competition for the good stuff) but there's a flea market in Lisbon Falls when the weather's good (ie not now, but again in the spring) that can have video game deals. I got Rise of the Kasai there for $3 when it was brand new. Additionally, there's a large flea market down on Route 1 in Old Orchard Beach during the spring and summer that has cheap retro stuff. My NES cart collection is upward of 160 at this point, but I bought most of them at flea markets in northern Virginia. I guess what I'm trying to say is, hit up flea markets. There are some morons who try to squeeze out $5 for crap, but their good stuff is often at the same price.

#27 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 08:18 PM

It pains me to say this (because I don't really want to give myself competition for the good stuff) but there's a flea market in Lisbon Falls when the weather's good (ie not now, but again in the spring) that can have video game deals. I got Rise of the Kasai there for $3 when it was brand new. Additionally, there's a large flea market down on Route 1 in Old Orchard Beach during the spring and summer that has cheap retro stuff. My NES cart collection is upward of 160 at this point, but I bought most of them at flea markets in northern Virginia. I guess what I'm trying to say is, hit up flea markets. There are some morons who try to squeeze out $5 for crap, but their good stuff is often at the same price.

Thanks, I had been hitting a store in Augusta and a flea in Westbrook, but the flea in Westbrook really has clueless prices, most of which were too high in my mind. I've been to teh one in Lisbon Falls, too - it is a good one, I've found a couple of goodies there. Thanks for the input, I rarely go down to OOB, but maybe it would be a good trip next spring. My collection's only about 70ish, but my goal is a list of about 150 "must have" games.
Posted Image

#28 acolyte

acolyte

Posted 10 November 2005 - 10:56 AM

Where do you go in Augusta, and do they sell TG-16/Saturn? There's a store in Lewiston I've been meaning to check out, but it's in a pain-in-the-ass location near Luiggi's so I figured it wasn't work the trouble.

#29 n8littlefield

n8littlefield

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:40 PM

Where do you go in Augusta, and do they sell TG-16/Saturn? There's a store in Lewiston I've been meaning to check out, but it's in a pain-in-the-ass location near Luiggi's so I figured it wasn't work the trouble.

The one in Augusta is Video Game Exchange on Water St. I don't think I've ever seen TG16/Saturn games there, but you could probably call them. I've seen oddball things like Jaguars there before, so it may be a case of they carry whatever people sell them.

Which store in Lewiston? I'm hitting downtown soon - there's at least 1 pawn shop I want to check, I could let you know. I think there's a variety/video shop down there called Dee's that looks like it may have old stuff too - but I've never ventured around there.
Posted Image

#30 acolyte

acolyte

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:32 PM

I've given up on the Lewiston pawn shops; the multi-floor one, for example, asks for more than EB/Gamestop does for everything which is pretty ridiculous. The store in Lewiston advertises itself as a CD/DVD/Video Game sales place. I'm not sure how to describe the location - it's NEAR the intersection of Main Street and Sabattus Street in Lewiston, kitty-corner to Luiggi's, in between Central Maine Medical Center and St. Mary's Hospital.

Edit: Looking at Google Maps, I'm going to say it IS on the corner of College and Sabattus/126. I think.