Photo
- - - - -

CAGcast #9: Moving on up to the Far East side!

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:54 PM

CheapyD's last CAGcast from the USA features Xbox 360 gossip, new releases, CAGbag Q&A, video game shopping news, and the dramatic conclusion of the Win Cheapy's Games contest!

iTunes

Download - 33 minutes, 15MB MP3.

RSS Feed
Past CAGcasts

#2 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 01:56 PM

downloading now, thanks
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:30 PM

I like your ringtone :)

#4 The Successful Dropout

The Successful Dropout

eye we tall did

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:33 PM

guardian owl, you bastard :lol:

congrats

EDIT: oh yeah, thanks for the name-drop cheapy 8-)
Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:36 PM

I like your ringtone :)

Me too...I'm gonna miss my Sidekick II!

#6 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:48 PM

Well im pointlessly happy that i got my question answered. :P :)

#7 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:50 PM

Congrats on the win GO! Enjoy the games!

NIce CAGcast too by the way guys!
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#8 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:01 PM

I'm sure you'll find a suitable replacement in the land of 5 Megapixel cameraphones.

#9 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 25 October 2005 - 03:08 PM

Ign posted thier Liberty City Stories review :)

#10 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

Cool, I won and on a completely unrelated matter, best CAGcast, evar! ;)

Guardian_owl.png

#11 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:12 PM

I'm glad to see that a contributing member of CAG actually won the games and that it wasn't one of the 2000 first time posters that posted in that thread.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#12 woobacca

woobacca

Shrunken Shuriken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:20 PM

Congrats guardian owl guy! Dang that's a big haul. :applause:

So was that really CheapyMom calling in to slam Wombat for his comment? :lol:

#13 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:21 PM

No, it was Mrs. Cheapy calling to see what time we were going to cheap ass monday night sushi.

#14 WhipSmartBanky

WhipSmartBanky

Bring on the free hooch!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:26 PM

No, it was Mrs. Cheapy calling to see what time we were going to cheap ass monday night sushi.

Hello? *click*

Uh oh.

:rofl:

Now that, my friend, is a shared moment.

about.me/wsb

#15 woobacca

woobacca

Shrunken Shuriken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:34 PM

Monday night sushi? Wait so what time did you actually record the CAGcast? I noticed you guys posted it some time after 11 and thought to myself dang they're in the studio late... I forgot there's probably some editing Wombat has to do right?

#16 brainstorm

brainstorm

My name is a misprint

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:40 PM

Congrats Guardian, hope you enjoy the games, and another fine job on the CAGCast as usual

#17 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:41 PM

There is very little editing done.
The show, for the most part, would sound very much the same if it was live.
We were done by 7:15pm or so and started approximately 30 minutes beforehand.

#18 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 04:55 PM

I just checked the contest thread and I was actually post #12 not counting Cheapy's original post. :shock: I call shenanigans! :lol: :lol: Just kidding....I was just curious how close I was to winning. Congrats again GO!
"The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done." - John Ruskin :roll:
Posted Image

#19 Unassuming Local Guy

Unassuming Local Guy

Not cool.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:06 PM

You're moving to a country where everyone lives and dies by flashy cell-phones. I'm sure your Sidekick will be long forgotten soon. :D

#20 jkam

jkam

Smash It Up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:29 PM

Jungle Hunt!!! Hell Yeah!

#21 Temporaryscars

Temporaryscars

Talks like a Dalek

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

Don't you guys ever worry about copyright infringement with your into songs?

How does cheapy know that RE4 is better than the one coming for x360?

Great show overall guys!

#22 Khash

Khash

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:35 PM

Wombat is wrong about Sony's "offer" to Namco to secure SoulcaliburIII on the PS2. All of Namco's fighting games have been released on Sony's arcade hardware since Tekken 1. Tekken 4 and 5, as well as Soul Calibur 2 and 3, run on Sony v3 Arcade hardware which is essentially a PS2 in an arcade cabinet. Why bother making ports for GameCube and Xbox? They did it once with Soul Calibur 2 and the sales were piss poor compared to PS2 numbers.

There is no evil plot at work on this one. Nice try, though. But whatever, a third of what Wombat says is unfounded Sony bashing when he actually knows nothing at all. It's just sad when he's reduced to grasping at straws.

#23 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 06:40 PM

Wombat is wrong about Sony's "offer" to Namco to secure SoulcaliburIII on the PS2. All of Namco's fighting games have been released on Sony's arcade hardware since Tekken 1. Tekken 4 and 5, as well as Soul Calibur 2 and 3, run on Sony v3 Arcade hardware which is essentially a PS2 in an arcade cabinet. Why bother making ports for GameCube and Xbox? They did it once with Soul Calibur 2 and the sales were piss poor compared to PS2 numbers.

There is no evil plot at work on this one. Nice try, though.

Everything that I've ever heard points to the GameCube version of Soul Calibur 2 outselling the PS2 and Xbox versions. I'd also be surprised if the Xbox numbers were "piss poor". I'm pretty sure the game sold well on all platforms.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#24 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:35 PM

I just checked the contest thread and I was actually post #12 not counting Cheapy's original post. :shock: I call shenanigans! :lol: :lol: Just kidding....I was just curious how close I was to winning. Congrats again GO!

Go to the Video Game Deals forum and find the contest thread. Click the number of posts in the column on the right...I cut and paste that whole window into Excel.

There is no evil plot at work on this one. Nice try, though. But whatever, a third of what Wombat says is unfounded Sony bashing when he actually knows nothing at all. It's just sad when he's reduced to grasping at straws.

#25 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:56 PM

Go to the Video Game Deals forum and find the contest thread. Click the number of posts in the column on the right...I cut and paste that whole window into Excel.

I was just joshing around......I trust ya Cheapy! :D
Posted Image

#26 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:58 PM

I was just joshing around......I trust ya Cheapy! :D

CheapyMom trusts me too, but it didn't stop her from sending me an email asking the same question. ;)

#27 chickenhawk

chickenhawk

Like sand in the scumbag

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 07:59 PM

CheapyMom trusts me too, but it didn't stop her from sending me an email asking the same question. ;)

By the way, I didn't even know that you could do that to get all of the posters. Last time I had a contest I typed everyone into Excel.....your way is much easier.
Posted Image

#28 Indiana

Indiana

Over 3 decades of gaming!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:00 PM

Nice CAG cast. It was much better than the last.

#29 Jerichoedge

Jerichoedge

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:06 PM

Mmmm...Raisinets....great show. Much better than the last one due to more deal and game discussion.

#30 Wombat

Wombat

CAGcast or nothin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 October 2005 - 08:13 PM

What show were you listening to, cause I just re-listened to that section of the cast, where not only did I ASK if Sony made an offer (I never said that they did), in which I hoped a forum user would post the answer. I also professed my love and admiration for the Tekken and Virtua Figher series which unless Im mistaken their most recent incarnations are currently PS2 exclusives. The only evil plot here is forum users besmerching my good name.

Good day to you sir, you win no prize, you signed it yourself when entered my factory!!