If this is true, that sucks for Sony.

daroga

Posted Image

#2 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 06:56 PM

It was originally supposed to come out in 2006?

I thought it was 2007 all along. I think Gamespot posted a rumor about the overheating thing, too.

#3 AshesofWake

AshesofWake

chum is fum

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:29 PM

yeah E3 they said "Spring 2006" which no one knows what the hell that means.
WHAT A HORRIBLE NIGHT TO HAVE A CURSE

Posted Image

Avatar record spinning: Pelican - Ataraxia/Taraxis EP

#4 Pure Apathy

Pure Apathy

I got paid!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:47 PM

Very bad news for Sony if true.

Formerly known as RawisJericho

Posted Image

#5 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:50 PM

Their promised sping 06 release date seems really unreasonable but late 2007 is way too late. If that is true, they are in big trouble. I was guessing they would release fall 06 at latest.

#6 Chris in Cali

Chris in Cali

Mr. Negativity

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:55 PM

It'll probably be the holiday season 2006.... after spring, but before 2007.

#7 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:05 PM

I think it will be holiday season 2006 in America as well. HOPEFULLY we don't see a late 2006 release in Japan and an early 2007 release in America. That would really hurt sales.

#8 Theenternal

Theenternal

CAG got me pregnant

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:08 PM

The units had overheating problems... good thing the ps1 and ps2 didnt have any heatling or dre probelms ;)
Posted Image
http://www.grapplemo...yevtakayama.gif

Removed IMG tags due to sig guideline violations.

#9 jeffreyjrose

jeffreyjrose

Sporadic Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:14 PM

The units had overheating problems... good thing the ps1 and ps2 didnt have any heatling or dre probelms ;)

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Posted Image

#10 Strell

Strell

LOBSTERS!....IN MY PANTS!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:18 PM

Does anyone honestly think it will meet a 2006 spring release? There's no playable demoes, just a bunch of FMV right now, and Sony's head running telling you it will deliver 1 billion FPS per game. Per polygon, even!

Posted Image
Aminal Crossing: Strell@Tazmily, 2836-3590- 0819

"One of the more...amusing screwballs around here..." - shrike4242
Join the El Hoardo Fan Club!
Threadless.com puts the fun back in laundry!...lafundry! HOORAY! (Referral link)
Wii Obscure FAQ and Facts Thread [Version 2.0] ::: Wii Shop Thread ::: DSi Shop Thread

#11 asaraa

asaraa

Shepard-Commander

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 08:20 PM

Gives me time to save up and enlarge my Xbox360 collection.

#12 daroga

daroga

swimming with nanocarp

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 October 2005 - 09:17 PM

Considering it sounds like they have to go back to the drawing board, Late 2007 seems reasonable.

Posted Image

#13 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:20 AM

I always thought that it would come out mid 2007. No surprise there. I would hate for Sony to become another Sega.

Big problem for Sony, by that time 360s will be cheaper and when the PS3 launches they will lower the price even more. And even if the PS3 is priced at $400 Microsoft will be able to sell 360s for 275-300 by that time.

#14 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:26 AM

Wow, another joystiq rumor. They'll post anything.

#15 alongx

alongx

Soy loco por el Cornball

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:29 AM

Spring '06 wasn't ever going to be the US anyway, they'll release next Christmas.
My gaming tally:

Posted Image

#16 wicked189

wicked189

Hail to the King Baby

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:30 AM

if this is true i might have to get a 360 instead.

#17 Sweet Tooth

Sweet Tooth

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:35 AM

yea, the 360 from what i heard was never scheduled for a US release in the spring of 06. If anything, Japan was going to get the ps3 in the spring of 06. I would assume that the the US will get the system late holiday season of 06 or no later than March of 07

#18 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:46 AM

I always thought that it would come out mid 2007. No surprise there. I would hate for Sony to become another Sega.

Big problem for Sony, by that time 360s will be cheaper and when the PS3 launches they will lower the price even more. And even if the PS3 is priced at $400 Microsoft will be able to sell 360s for 275-300 by that time.

I really have a hard time seeing Sony as Sega. Sega in my book had a much better image, When Sega died we lost so many Sega games. But if Sony were to die what would be really lose? So much of Sony's library is 3rd party, all those games could in a heart beat find a new home on a different system. If Sony died we would lose what? Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Twisted Metal, Everquest, 989 Sports, Gran Turismo. In my book nothing I would be really heart broken to see gone. Not like Sega, SCEA just doesn't have the library for me to see them like Sega. Jak, Ratchet, Sly all got boring by the 3rd installment. Everquest is long past its life. 989 Sports... who really would be sad to see those gone? and Gran Turismo, just another raceing game.

I really don't see Sony leaving that much of a impact like Sega did.
Sony's biggest hits are not even made by them.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#19 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:47 AM

I really have a hard time seeing Sony as Sega. Sega in my book had a much better image, When Sega died we lost so many Sega games. But if Sony were to die what would be really lose? So much of Sony's library is 3rd party, all those games could in a heart beat find a new home on a different system. If Sony died we would lose what? Jak, Ratchet, Sly, Twisted Metal, Everquest, 989 Sports, Gran Turismo. In my book nothing I would be really heart broken to see gone. Not like Sega, SCEA just doesn't have the library for me to see them like Sega. Jak, Ratchet, Sly all got boring by the 3rd installment. Everquest is long past its life. 989 Sports... who really would be sad to see those gone? and Gran Turismo, just another raceing game.

I really don't see Sony leaving that much of a impact like Sega did.
Sony's biggest hits are not even made by them.

Considering that Sony's gaming division was the only profitable part of the company last quarter, their gonna be in gaming for a while.

#20 MorPhiend

MorPhiend

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:55 AM

I can't say that I care, or that I thought hardware wouldn't be a problem for Sony (:roll: yeah, right). But this sure does suck for Kenny and company, if true.

#21 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 01:59 AM

I truly think the PS2 has enough noteworthy games in development to keep Sony loyalists waiting through 2006.

They better have a fuckton of top notch titles ready at launch to make up for it, however. We don't need another "Bouncer" this time.
Posted Image

#22 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:19 AM

I truly think the PS2 has enough noteworthy games in development to keep Sony loyalists waiting through 2006.

They better have a fuckton of top notch titles ready at launch to make up for it, however. We don't need another "Bouncer" this time.

We are also seeing that the PS2 is capable of amazing graphics with God of War and Shadow of the Collosus. Even though people say that these games are the extent of the PS2 capability I know that there is still some untapper potential. And in anycase its not the graphics its the gameplay. Just look at the Gamecube, it has the worst visual prowess of any current system but its still has large loyal following.

By knowing the PS2 by heart devlopers will be able to create games faster and better. I doubt any company will stop making games for the PS2. This situation can work as a positive one for Sony. More games released over time will equal more profits from the PS2.

#23 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:45 AM

Just look at the Gamecube, it has the worst visual prowess of any current system but its still has large loyal following.

for just about every game with gamecube and ps2 version, the gamecube version looks better. There are exeection, but those are few.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#24 Amano

Amano

WoW Approved!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 02:52 AM

Just look at the Gamecube, it has the worst visual prowess of any current system but its still has large loyal following.

I was going to say, isn't the PS2 the technically inferior out of the three?

#25 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:09 AM

I was going to say, isn't the PS2 the technically inferior out of the three?

Maybe I'm wrong but thats what I thought and what I have heard. Are there titles on the GC that look as good as Shadow of the Colossus, which I think is the best the PS2 has.

#26 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 06:21 AM

The source is bs and this is a bs story.

On that note I have had that thought since E3. Now that BLU-Ray is way behind schedule this seems more and more true. PS3 had a no show at the TGS (playable) is also bothering. 6 months away and still no BLU-Ray release date in sight let alone PS3. Sony is having trouble and has been having trouble with duel layer discs. BLU-Ray needs to be finalized before Sony can even think about bringing out the PS3.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#27 Blind the Thief

Blind the Thief

I want my Mother.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:00 PM

Maybe I'm wrong but thats what I thought and what I have heard. Are there titles on the GC that look as good as Shadow of the Colossus, which I think is the best the PS2 has.

Twilight Princess will spank Shadow of the Colossus in terms of graphics, and I LOVED Shadow. The PS2 is definitely the technically inferior system of the three consoles...developers have just had the most time to draw out its power, as it's been out a year longer.

I call BS on this story, by the way.

#28 azel

azel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:11 PM

I call total bs on this story. It's hearsay from a gamestop employee from a DM that could be totally fabricated for all we know.

I don't know about you guys, but even if the system has a serious overheating problem, I don't see how that would put Sony back to square one. It seems to me like they just need to work out to cooling system, not the architecture and rest of the hardware.

Geez, people will believe anything.
To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Posted Image

#29 Photomotoz

Photomotoz

Magic Missile!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 October 2005 - 11:55 PM

The source is bs and this is a bs story.

On that note I have had that thought since E3. Now that BLU-Ray is way behind schedule this seems more and more true. PS3 had a no show at the TGS (playable) is also bothering. 6 months away and still no BLU-Ray release date in sight let alone PS3. Sony is having trouble and has been having trouble with duel layer discs. BLU-Ray needs to be finalized before Sony can even think about bringing out the PS3.

They already have second generation Blu-Ray drives in Japan.

#30 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:32 AM

They already have second generation Blu-Ray drives in Japan.

The only thing they have that I know of is single layer Blu-ray Disc recorders (for recording HD tv.) They cost around $3,000. The only thing it can be used for is recording live tv then watching the discs that you recorded. They can only record about 2 hrs of 1080i. Not a very solid 2nd generation.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.