Photo
- - - - -

PSP: NBA Live 2006, SIMS 2 (preorder), Marvel Nemesis $29.99 each + tax jcpenney.com

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 imacheapasstoo

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:32 AM

Hi all,

Jcpenney.com has a few PSP games marked down from $39.99 to $29.99:

Marvel Nemesis
NBA Live 2006
Sims 2 (pre-order, to be shipped around 11/18 according to jcpenney's web site)

http://www3.jcpenney...D=0&RefDeptID=0

Use coupon code 40BSOTA to get free shipping. That code saved me $6.95. Supposedly you can use code HOLIDAY for $5.00 off, but I didn't try that one as the first code was worth more $ to me. I do not think the codes are stackable, but I was able to use the same free shipping code on mutiple orders.

There were also some other game discounts but nothing else struck me as worth mentioning here.

#2 m0dem

m0dem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:40 AM

nice deal on sims 2 retail for it is $50

#3 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 01:43 AM

Wow, good price on nba live, if I didn't already own it, I would jump on this deal. Thanks OP.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#4 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:07 AM

Have the order shipped to a local JCPenney for pickup. Shipping is $4.50. You save more then using the $5 off coupon then getting free shipping.

#5 imacheapasstoo

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:32 AM

Have the order shipped to a local JCPenney for pickup. Shipping is $4.50. You save more then using the $5 off coupon then getting free shipping.

That depends on your total purchase price. Shipping to both your home and a local store increase as your purchase price increases:

Purch. Total ---------- Home Delivery---------------Store Delivery
===============================================
UP to $25 --------------- $5.95 ------------------------- $4.50
$25.01-$40--------------$6.95 ------------------------- $5.95

I didn't put the rest of the shipping costs above but they're at the jcpenney.com site.

So for me I wouldn't have benefitted from using the $5 off code. Each of the PSP games is over $25.

#6 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:39 AM

lol what is up with these prices? Marvel Nemesis is usually $50 for PSP (they say $40), and they are charging 54.99 for some of their PSP games like THUG 2 Remix.

Might PM this to Circuit City since they do online prices for local stores... but I don't know if Marvel Nemesis is worth 25 bucks after the 110%.

OP, how did you come across this deal? Just curious as to how someone find a games deal on JCPenney's website :lol:

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#7 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 02:41 AM

That depends on your total purchase price. Shipping to both your home and a local store increase as your purchase price increases:

Purch. Total ---------- Home Delivery---------------Store Delivery
===============================================
UP to $25 --------------- $5.95 ------------------------- $4.50
$25.01-$40--------------$6.95 ------------------------- $5.95

I didn't put the rest of the shipping costs above but they're at the jcpenney.com site.

So for me I wouldn't have benefitted from using the $5 off code. Each of the PSP games is over $25.

Not if you order one of the $29.99 games, as they take the $5 off first before calculating shipping. So indeed, you get $4.50 shipping. I even tried an order this way. Though you are correct if you order more than one title or a more expensive one.

#8 imacheapasstoo

imacheapasstoo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:10 AM

Not if you order one of the $29.99 games, as they take the $5 off first before calculating shipping. So indeed, you get $4.50 shipping. I even tried an order this way. Though you are correct if you order more than one title or a more expensive one.

Oooh, thanks for clarifying. Had I been that observant prior to ordering, I probably still would have had it delivered to my house since I'm too lazy to walk to JcPenney for 50 cents. :-D

To answer the previous question asked by Roufuss, I found it by froogling (froogle.com) for the PSP version of "The Sims 2." Until today I didn't even know JcPenney sold video games.

#9 elwood731

elwood731

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:15 AM

Oooh, thanks for clarifying. Had I been that observant prior to ordering, I probably still would have had it delivered to my house since I'm too lazy to walk to JcPenney for 50 cents. :-D.

Yeah, it really isn't a big deal, but if you're a TRUE Cheap Ass ;) Also, not a bad deal if you're already headed to the mall to just stop by and pick it up (as most are in malls). Otherwise, the deal is about equal either way.

#10 rodeojones903

rodeojones903

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 November 2005 - 03:20 AM

Thanks OP, snagged a Sims 2. :D

#11 Darthstryk3R

Darthstryk3R

Sith Happens!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

marvel nemesis is there too for 29.99 but i didnt like the ps2 version but for those who liked it.

#12 Prock

Prock

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:06 AM

Marvel Nemesis is coming up 39.99 for me

#13 Prock

Prock

CAG in Training

• CAGiversary!

Posted 18 November 2005 - 07:13 AM

These deals are killing my wallet. I just picked up NBA 06 last week from play-asia for 15 and now i just ordered NBA Live 06.