Photo
- - - - -

Xbox 360 display at Yodobashi Akihabara, Tokyo - Cue the tumbleweeds (56k warning)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:51 PM

Posted Image

Entire Xbox Section
Very sad for what I believe to be one of, if not the largest electronics store in Tokyo

Posted Image

#2 PittsburghAfterDark

PittsburghAfterDark

Registered Sex Offender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:12 AM

I have more Xbox stuff behind me in the book case and the drawers underneath it.
What do you call a religion where people believe if they murder non-believers they get to rape 72 virgins?

#3 bostonfrontier

bostonfrontier

Pierce - Garnett - Allen

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:13 AM

haha, that's so funny......... Japan hates american products

#4 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:15 AM

Except the iPod.

I hung out in the gaming section for about 20-30 minutes and I only saw one person actually walk up to the 360 display and check it out.

#5 PittsburghAfterDark

PittsburghAfterDark

Registered Sex Offender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:15 AM

Yeah? Than why is the iPod the number one MP3 player in Japan.
What do you call a religion where people believe if they murder non-believers they get to rape 72 virgins?

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

How's it feel to live in a country where you can't read a fucking word of anything?

#7 blackjaw

blackjaw

probably surfing

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:16 AM

ahahahahahahah...that is lame...youd think MS would put more effort into it...the thing is tiny

#8 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:17 AM

How's it feel to live in a country where you can't read a fucking word of anything?

I can read Hirgana & Katakana, but not kanji.
Of course reading isn't the same as understanding.

#9 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:21 AM

I can read Hirgana & Katakana, but not kanji.
Of course reading isn't the same as understanding.

True, I can read spanish and french but I don't understand what any of it means...

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#10 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:21 AM

Japanese people do not care about microsoft =(

They should have hired girls dressed up as OStans or something or made an Xbox tan to attract horny Japanese men who only play dating sims =p

#11 R1V3R5

R1V3R5

No Pussy McNeverSexes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:22 AM

I'm sure they would have more people interested if they had a system on display up and running.

Also, I have no doubt the 360 will do better in Japan than the original Xbox given the list of 3rd party companies in Japan who have already started developing for it or have expressed interest in developing for it.
Posted Image
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
-Francois Fenelont

#12 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:26 AM

I think I own more Xbox games than were sold in all of Japan. Sales in the shipwreck region have long outweighed sales in the Japan region. I think I might have even beat that region is hardware sales one month when I bought 2 Xboxes.
"Red-Headed Pain In The Ass" - Wombat
Posted Image

#13 BREVITY

BREVITY

The Soul of Wit.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:43 AM

Meh its no smaller or bigger than what I am seeing in local Gamestops and EBs.
3DS Friend Code:4382-1988-8437 QR Image http://yfrog.com/gzvezjyj
iOS GameCenter Name: BREVITY
Posted ImagePosted Image
Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

#14 jawman311

jawman311

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:57 AM

That's a pretty cool display. I like the way they stacked the boxes and such.

#15 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 11 November 2005 - 01:19 AM

Meh its no smaller or bigger than what I am seeing in local Gamestops and EBs.

Your local EB/GS has one rack of Xbox stuff?
Do you live on a submarine?

#16 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:19 AM

It might be small, but look at the location it is right by the checkout. Granted we have a first hand witness, the father of CAG CheapyD stating the following

I hung out in the gaming section for about 20-30 minutes and I only saw one person actually walk up to the 360 display and check it out.

Everyone has a choice, but I find it ironic how much we support Japan and they don't even give our stuff a chance. The game selection is not that bad and maybe if they were into new things and not another rendition of Final Fantasy e.g. Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts (Sorry RPG fanboys, but it is true). I know I'm the same way when it comes to the GTA series, but members here blow wads in their pants over the newest RPG and if it as a cheapass price some of their hearts stop. If developers never implemented real time combat in current RPG's I would never play them. The last great turned based RPG was FFVII.
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#17 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:24 AM

I really don't even know why Microsoft bother with Japan. I think its the combination of their loyalty to Sony and Nintendo, and the lack of games that aim at the mainstream of japan, that pretty much have already put the 360 in 3rd place for the next gen. Although, it WILL be quite interesting since Squarenix has (or so they say) formed such a strong partnership with Microsoft for the 360...

#18 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:33 AM

When I was in Hong Kong the gamecube section is lareger than Xbox, something you never see in the US.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#19 j.elles

j.elles

Gaming Addict

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:34 AM

Ya. it's not just RPG's. Japan requires dating sims, parenting sims, and a bunch of other wierd games i've seen over the years. But if all Japanese 3'd partys start porting, they release some of those exclusive to Japan titles, and on top of that they deliver with those cool looking RPG's from Japanese developers they might have a chance. Unlikely but possible.
"The future changes as we stand here, else we are the game pieces of the gods, not their heirs, as we have been promised."
"Tanis comes to me for advice, not because I am a seer. He comes because I am able to think, which is something most of these other fools seem incapable of doing."-Raistlin

#20 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:35 AM

Hirohito: You see, Japaneese penis is so small!

Hosek: So small!

Hirohito: You Americans have such humungous-burbous penis!

Mr Garison: Well, I guess that's true!

Hosek: Oh, such uh, nice big penis, American!

Hirohito: What can we possibly do with such small penis?! We cannot take over your city with all the men with such masterdonic penis!

Jimbo: Well, he's got a point there!

Randy: Well, I guess that settles that!

Father Maxi: We're sorry we took your time, gentlemen!

Hirohito: Oh, no! Thank you! Another chance to be in same room with big American penis! (leaves)

Hosek: Ha, ha! Penis so small! (leaves)

Father Maxi: Nice guys!
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#21 themadbunny

themadbunny

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:13 AM

Ummmm..... yeah.

#22 The VGM

The VGM

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:14 AM

lol, Call of Duty and the first Brothers in Arms. No wonder it's barren (Not saying they're bad games, but FPS games aren't big in Japan as we all know, plus those are old).
Posted Image

FS/FT/Want list. Very low prices! Complete Platinum GBA SP only $50! New DVD's only $8! Now taking offers on my collection! HUGE NOV. 9TH UPDATE!
http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=70223

#23 creid

creid

Dead For The Summer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:11 PM

If Telekinesis can't sell the system, nothing can.

#24 VanillaGorilla

VanillaGorilla

Shark Barber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:59 PM

The 360 needs more dating simulators, Build Your Own Baseball Team games, and a Xbox 360 specific anime cartoon with a line of crappy, cash in videogame tie ins.
Posted Image

#25 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:07 PM

Now only if the Americans would disregard the disgrace of the MS consoles.
Posted Image

#26 jer7583

jer7583

only 5 can ladder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:23 PM

^unneccesary comment.

Unfortunately, both Americans and Japanese Embrace the disgrace of sony consoles.

Everyone who joins the CAG XBox One Conga Line from now until my 11 referrals are met are entered into a drawing to win a FREE $60 game from me! So get going - the Gamefly referral costs nothing, and others are as low as $1!

http://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

Join the CAG XB1 Conga Line and get an XB1 or $400+gift cardhttp://www.cheapassg...real-with-proof/

#27 F308GTB

F308GTB

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 06:33 PM

Never been to Japan have you? Because one console doesn't sell well you deduce all of Japan hates all American products?

By the way, I was in Tsukuba for business for a few days this week and had time one night to head over to WonderGoo. They had a similar display and no wonder there was no interest in it. It was playing a Ridge Racer video that looked no better than current Xbox games. It was the first time I saw the 360 in person and it didn't even capture my attention for more than 5 seconds.

#28 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

the xbox has yet to get a single super robot taisent games, a huge series in japan that has appear on just about ever decent system ever release. The X360 is getting better support from Japan tahn xbox, hopefully it can do better this time.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#29 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:49 PM

...even the people levitating the console look bored with it.

#30 Requiem

Requiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 07:14 PM

Was this taken early in the morning? I understand the Xbox and Microsoft struggle with their Japanese sales but I'm really surprised that on launch there are barely any people there.