Where will YOU preorder your PS3?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#1 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:37 PM

I think i'll be preordering mine from gamecrazy.. where will you be preordering it?

#2 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:41 PM

Probably EB Games...They won't force me to buy extra accessories or games. And I won't lose my place on the list because some dumbass has already paid their system in full.

#3 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:45 PM

has that been known to happen at Gamecrazy?

(this is my first launch that i've been really looking forward to and i'm pretty much new to everything)

#4 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 November 2005 - 11:48 PM

Gamestop most likely if I get my pre-order in early.

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#5 clockworkvictim

clockworkvictim

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:41 AM

Target.... If possible.

#6 thagoat

thagoat

bundles are craptacular!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 02:48 AM

none. preorders didn't work to well on this launch. ill be there at midnight waiting

#7 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 03:29 AM

Not sure. I don't know where I should pre-order because EB really screwed me over with the PS2 pre-order (don't feel like typing it out but it got to the point where corporate had to get involved) and since Gamestop and EB are the same company by the time PS3 comes out, that leaves them out. FYE is probably going to force a bundle like they did with the 360 and PSP and there are no Gamecrazy or Gamerush stores in my area.

#8 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 04:58 AM

i'm hearing mixed emotions about everything, and i'm sure as hell not waiting outside, i need something shipped to my house, or maybe just buy the system on reserve the day after launch, but I don't know where to reserve one

#9 Kaijufan

Kaijufan

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 November 2005 - 06:49 AM

After DRE PS2s and dead pixel PSPs people still want to get Sony hardware on launch day? ;)
Posted Image

#10 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:28 AM

After DRE PS2s and dead pixel PSPs people still want to get Sony hardware on launch day? ;)

I never had a problem with my PS2 launch until god fried it (lightning storm).

I'll probably get mine at TRU like I got my PS2 preorder, no line BS, no waiting at midnight, just picked it up after school along with my games. :)

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#11 Skycaptain99

Skycaptain99

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:31 AM

EBgames...and Ill camp out too
Posted Image

Glad to see that some cultures aren't dependent on cars for dragging their supersized carcasses 3 miles to pick up a gallon of ice cream and taking their little shits to ballet practice.

#12 Scahom1

Scahom1

Back from the dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:49 AM

Probably EB Games...but if I can, I will try to order online.
“Nobody shoots anybody in the face unless you’re a hit man or a video gamer." - Jack Thompson

Posted Image

#13 sadunclesnugglez

sadunclesnugglez

That's what she said

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 01:50 AM

Well, I'm still waiting for my Xbox360 pre-order from Gamestop so I don't believe I'm going to pre-order a PS3. Maybe I'll try my hand at camping out. Maybe I'll see if my g/f wants to camp with me and attain geek nirvana!
Posted Image

#14 YoshiFan1

YoshiFan1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:15 AM

I'll probably get mine at TRU like I got my PS2 preorder, no line BS, no waiting at midnight, just picked it up after school along with my games. :)

Does Toys R Us still do pre-orders on systems? I know they didn't for Gamecube and I didn't think they did for the 360 either.

#15 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:19 AM

has anyone had problems with a preorder at Gamecrazy? ( i.e.- forced to buy a bundle, forced to buy accessories) It's the closest thing to me and i'm interested in what it has to offer

#16 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 02:38 AM

with the troubles i have seen with the first batch of a launch system, i will wait a few more years for fixes/ehancements/price drops. Look at me, i just picked up my first PS2, only 5 years late :)

#17 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:12 AM

Does Toys R Us still do pre-orders on systems? I know they didn't for Gamecube and I didn't think they did for the 360 either.

I'm not sure if they still do, but it'd be the first place I'd turn to to do it. If not, I'd probably get to EB or GS as soon as I could to try to prevent the kind of situation where my status of getting it day one was questionable.

You read it. You can't unread it.

Horror Chicken: F.E.A.R. and Resident Evil 4

PSN/XBL: CrashSpyro | Steam: CrashTanuki | Wii U: FriendlyTanuki

#18 masha

masha

Russian Insult Dog

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:17 AM

I'd Love to get it at TRU I have so many AmericanExpress points I can redeem there!
:arrow: *I Keed I Keed*.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#19 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

Already preordered at Gamecrazy, and nice to see you taking the Gamecrazy way like me afibender :)

Posted Image

#20 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:46 PM

i actually called them yesterday and i was being recommended to the 360 practically the whole time on the phone,just hearing this guy's opinion, but at the end of it all they arent taking preorders yet :-/..

did you ask them if they had a waiting list or for an actual preorder?

#21 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 06:52 PM

Is Gamecrazy usually the best in handling preorders? There's one in my area and I might go there.

#22 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 November 2005 - 07:01 PM

Is Gamecrazy usually the best in handling preorders? There's one in my area and I might go there.

yeah thats what i'm tryin to find out because i can practically walk to my gamecrazy and back, that doesn't mean i'm going to after launch tho :boxing:

#23 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:16 AM

Remember though, buying consoles from Gamecrazy'll score you 12 free movie/game rentals to Hollywood Video

Posted Image

#24 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:17 AM

Remember though, buying consoles from Gamecrazy'll score you 12 free movie/game rentals to Hollywood Video

yeah thats always true, i think i'll go with them for my first llaunch ,i heard stories that they force you to buy bundles and extra accessories, but no official word on it

#25 howlinmad

howlinmad

Harmful if swallowed

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 November 2005 - 02:44 AM

Probably EB Games...They won't force me to buy extra accessories or games. And I won't lose my place on the list because some dumbass has already paid their system in full.

So you should come before someone who paid in full, and not just have their name on the list? Please explain that logic.

#26 pnjabimunda8

pnjabimunda8

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:56 AM

has anyone had problems with a preorder at Gamecrazy? ( i.e.- forced to buy a bundle, forced to buy accessories) It's the closest thing to me and i'm interested in what it has to offer

I don't know what you guys are saying about all this preorder shyt is true or not. But I called and went in person to preorder from Gamecrazy today and they are very cool. I told them I don't want to be force to take a bundle and he said no I called them twice they gave me the same answer. When I went in person to preorder I asked them again he said no. I was in 21 on the list so people are really starting to get crazy already. They even took down my color I wanted BLACK. I was told I would get the color I want unless they get a shipments of only white or something like that. I can understand that. So, I think all this talk about getting screwed is not that much true. It might be a bit but not much and I would say still better then waiting 10-20 in line for the system.

#27 xxxafibenderxxx

xxxafibenderxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:17 AM

how much money did you put down?

#28 Ugamer_X

Ugamer_X

You can trust me

• CAGiversary!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 02:30 AM

So you should come before someone who paid in full, and not just have their name on the list? Please explain that logic.

You're not too bright, so I'll let this one slide.

#29 pnjabimunda8

pnjabimunda8

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:21 AM

how much money did you put down?

$50... If they screw me up shyt they better watch out their ass. Looks like you guys just took it softly man I would have just started yelling in the store. Then they will do something and not try to fuk like that. Even though I got it preorder I'm going keep in touch that’s is the important part. If you have it preorder don't just chill and kick back like they going to come and deliver it to you. You have to keep on it and the day when it arrives just give them a call the day before or on that day so they remember you. Then they won't do anything like that just call and tell them something like I have a preorder and here is my info and I'll be there by ... and you better have it and get that person name down shyt you'll never have a problem with it ;) . Pick it up asap don't wait till closing I'm gona go get it when they open.

#30 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 12 December 2005 - 05:46 AM

$50... If they screw me up shyt they better watch out their ass. Looks like you guys just took it softly man I would have just started yelling in the store. Then they will do something and not try to fuk like that. Even though I got it preorder I'm going keep in touch that’s is the important part. If you have it preorder don't just chill and kick back like they going to come and deliver it to you. You have to keep on it and the day when it arrives just give them a call the day before or on that day so they remember you. Then they won't do anything like that just call and tell them something like I have a preorder and here is my info and I'll be there by ... and you better have it and get that person name down shyt you'll never have a problem with it ;) . Pick it up asap don't wait till closing I'm gona go get it when they open.

Tip