Photo
- - - - -

Anime Thread Sky Sapphire. Materialise. Start!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
503 replies to this topic

#1 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:10 AM

Posted Image

Figure since Naruto and Bleach and FMP have all had their own Anime Topic, might as well give Mai-Otome it's own. Prolly not the best title, but I liked it at the time.

Posted Image

#2 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:20 AM

:-s

#3 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:29 AM

:-s

And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.

Posted Image

#4 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:31 AM

Oh good, a new one. Now we can all consider the question: jung sbez jvyy Ubyybj Vpuvtb'f Mnacnxhgb gnxr?
Posted Image

#5 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:46 AM

Posted Image

Figure since Naruto and Bleach and FMP have all had their own Anime Topic, might as well give Mai-Otome it's own. Prolly not the best title, but I liked it at the time.

Bastard. :bomb::lol:;):applause: I was thinking of something similar to this. But I was going to put her special attack w/ the countdown. Too bad I didn't think the last thread would finish before I got back.
My new fave anime: Lucky Star

Posted Image
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

I don't date women with more than zero children -jaykrue

#6 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 02:51 AM

Bastard. :bomb::lol:;):applause: I was thinking of something similar to this. But I was going to put her special attack w/ the countdown. Too bad I didn't think the last thread would finish before I got back.

LOL

Yeah. That might have been a better title, but for some reason when I kept thinking of an Otome title, the word materialise kept coming up so this was what came out. I almost went the FMA route, but I've done that as an OTT before.

Posted Image

#7 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:03 AM

And that's why you should watch Mai-Otome. It's easily THE best anime series this year.

isnt Mai-Otome the sequel/second season to some other series?

Oh good, a new one. Now we can all consider the question: jung sbez jvyy Ubyybj Vpuvtb'f Mnacnxhgb gnxr?

I think it stays the same, although I do believe his actual body will change in some way

I think SS may have just had her confined, spirit pressure wise. As far as I know, the gigai was the only thing [from Urahara] sapping her power.

I think that the tower that Rukia was confined in was made of some material that sapped spirit power, was it not?

#8 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:08 AM

isnt Mai-Otome the sequel/second season to some other series?

It's the sequel in spirit to Mai-HiME. It uses the same characters (plus some new ones) but recasts them in new roles.

Posted Image

#9 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:16 AM

It's the sequel in spirit to Mai-HiME. It uses the same characters (plus some new ones) but recasts them in new roles.

That's why I wouldn't call it a sequel per se. It's more akin to a 'remake'. Kinda like how old skool movies are remade to suit modern 21st century audiences... only Mai Otome doesn't suck. :lol:

Posted Image
Prostitution is a combination of sex & free enterprise. Which of those are you opposed to? -SensibleErection

#10 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:33 AM

I think it stays the same, although I do believe his actual body will change in some way

Yeah, I'm tending to think that, too, but he's weird in most other ways. Who knows what it will turn out to be?

I think that the tower that Rukia was confined in was made of some material that sapped spirit power, was it not?

It was, but she was outside to be shuffled around at a few points, so I think that collar thing she's got on serves some similar function.
Posted Image

#11 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:35 AM

Unless, of course, you count Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Air, Ah! My Goddes, Glass Mask, or Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

Oh, and Monster and Gankutsuou, if you want to include shows that spent the majority of their run in 2005. Those two are the real winners of the past year, by far.
Posted Image

#12 2poor

2poor

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

has anyone ever heard of tree of palm?

#13 Kirin Lemon

Kirin Lemon

世界を革命する者

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:19 AM

has anyone ever heard of tree of palm?

A Tree of Palme, you mean. Not great, not terrible.

More info at ANN: http://animenewsnetw...nime.php?id=928
Posted Image

#14 2poor

2poor

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:25 AM

its not even about a tree? it sounded interesting when it was mentioned at AX.

#15 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 03:47 PM

Unless, of course, you count Honey and Clover, Paradise Kiss, Kamichu!, Air, Ah! My Goddes, Glass Mask, or Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid.

Oh, and Monster and Gankutsuou, if you want to include shows that spent the majority of their run in 2005. Those two are the real winners of the past year, by far.

Never saw most of those and quite frankly, they don't appeal to me. Can't count FMP!TSR cause it really is just a continuation of FMP, so I don't consider it a new series, just a new season of FMP. The only thing there I really want to watch is Monster, but no one at my college has it and BT won't work on campus. So I haven't been able to watch it.

Posted Image

#16 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:37 PM

Never saw most of those and quite frankly, they don't appeal to me. Can't count FMP!TSR cause it really is just a continuation of FMP, so I don't consider it a new series, just a new season of FMP. The only thing there I really want to watch is Monster, but no one at my college has it and BT won't work on campus. So I haven't been able to watch it.

You can't just change the port settings? Or is it more devious than that?

#17 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

You can't just change the port settings? Or is it more devious than that?

I've tried changing the port settings, but I think the school has managed to come up with some other way to block torrents, cause it was working for awhile but now it won't and changing the ports doesn't really do anything at all. I'll have to see if I changing the ports to something else can get it to work again. The other problem is that they'll notice if I start taking up bandwidth enough to download some of Monster, and I'm not sure how they'll react to seeing a chunk of their bandwidth going to one place.

Posted Image

#18 karsh

karsh

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

Well what do ya know...BitComet is working again. That's always nice to know. Time to find me somewhere to get Monster.

Posted Image

#19 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 06:41 PM

Well what do ya know...BitComet is working again. That's always nice to know. Time to find me somewhere to get Monster.

School networks typically blacklist certain ports so you might want to change them to more obscure ones. Choose an uncommon port within the range of 10000-65535 as anything under is most likely either used for other protocols (like 80 for http) or is blacklisted by most schools (like 6881-6891).

Posted Image

#20 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:52 PM

new bleach 205 images and psudo summary are out....BANKAI!
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#21 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:29 PM

I've been getting them from soldats, but they're only up to 63 (and that one just came out).

#22 Liquid 2

Liquid 2

Dutch Dreams

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 01:24 AM

new bleach 205 images and psudo summary are out....BANKAI!

Its chapter 206 and you can see it here:
http://www.bleachfor...81&page=2&pp=30

there's a better summary by Djudge (he does the informal speed translations for the people on the forums) on page 2 of the thread

#23 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:32 AM

DB's 'bleach 60' is hilarious! :lol:

"Please, nigga!"

Posted Image

#24 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:35 AM

You still haven't learned yet. My taste =/= your taste. :lol: ;)

#25 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:04 AM

DB's 'bleach 60' is hilarious! :lol:

"Please, nigga!"

For a second I thought "how did I miss that?" and then I remembered that 60 isn't out 'til next week and it's probably a joke. :lol:

And there are 2 versions now ...

#26 jaykrue

jaykrue

Professor Of Pimpology

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:24 AM

For a second I thought "how did I miss that?" and then I remembered that 60 isn't out 'til next week and it's probably a joke. :lol:

And there are 2 versions now ...

hence the quotes around bleach 60.:lol:;)

Posted Image

#27 BigSpoonyBard

BigSpoonyBard

Aaaaauuugghh!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:34 AM

All I gots to say is

Posted Image

logo.png
A Brief Guide to Steam Sales and Library Building
Brawny Gent or a Coconut Queen? PM for more info

#28 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:11 PM

New Naruto manga is out
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn

#29 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:28 PM

New Naruto manga is out

Not much going on this week. :-(

#30 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:54 PM

Not much going on this week. :-(

you kinda had to expect that I mean we are about to start a most likely huge arc, because Sasuke comes before everything else since they are working with a DEADline, also its nice to have a lil humor it is sort of the calm before the storm.
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn