CheapyD's Ramen Thread

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:55 PM

Inspired by this thread, I will use this space to chronicle my ramen adventures.

Tanmen (vegetable ramen) at Kyo-ku
This place is right across the street from my apt. I've only had tanmen and gyoza there, but they both are ridiculously good. I finished all of that myself and found it was a bit too much (at least for lunch). I was going to bike riding after that, but I was so full, I had to go home and sit on the couch instead.
Posted Image

Shio Ramen (salt) at Kameido Gyoza
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 zewone

zewone

Thursday

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:58 PM

zewone's ramen adventure :cry: :
Posted Image

#3 Kastides

Kastides

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:00 AM

Looks Tastey.. How much did you pay for this meal?

BTW, Japan has alot of "hooks" from when i last visited there.
Posted Image

#4 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:06 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmm ramen is good, my friends' gf who is chinese made this korean soup I believe with all sorts of vegies and noodles and squid or oct it was yum yum good.
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:36 AM

Looks Tastey.. How much did you pay for this meal?

BTW, Japan has alot of "hooks" from when i last visited there.

I believe the tanmen was 700yen and the gyoza was 400yen...so about $9.
The next time I went, I skipped the gyoza.
They just started a 700yen lunch set special, but I don't know what it is, cause I can't read it.

What do you mean by "hooks"?

#6 MadChedar0

MadChedar0

Posted 02 December 2005 - 12:48 AM

zewone's ramen adventure

lol @ that.

Cheapy, from that picture, I can almost feel the sodium coarse through my veins.

#7 greendj27

greendj27

MMMMMM....Turkey

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:09 AM

Posted Image

Maruchan is good, but this is my favorite of all the Ramens...

Posted Image

#8 2poor

2poor

Posted 02 December 2005 - 01:30 AM

Posted Image

i think maruchan is pretty good. my favorite is the shrimp flavor. the msg soup is so tasty.

#9 praystation

praystation

He@d Cheap Arse

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:15 AM

you guys should try shanghai ramen (the word ramen came from chinese noodle, ramen literally means pulled (la) noodle (mien). It's really good.
Posted Image

#10 danny-o

danny-o

Mayor of NASTYVILLE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:22 AM

Real Japanese ramen always looks gross. Its not as good as the cup'a'shit noodles either.

#11 AlbinoNinja

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 03:23 AM

when i asked if we could make topics, I was going to make one on ramen and other japanese foods, but i thought it was a silly idea.

nice to see that you did it instead cheapy

#12 assassinX

assassinX

The ass......assinX

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 04:21 AM

whoa you got inspired by my thread cool. Whoa 9$ for ramen that ramen must freakin own man that looks so good :)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

#13 buya89

buya89

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 05:25 AM

That does look nice, What kind of food place was it, sorta like Olive Garden or like mom' pop's hoagie shop?

#14 beerguy961

beerguy961

I'm gonna get tore up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:40 AM

Inspired by this thread, I will use this space to chronicle my ramen adventures.

Tanmen (vegetable ramen) at Kyo-ku (will have to double check that restaruant name)
This place is right across the street from my apt. I've only had tanmen and gyoza there, but they both are ridiculously good. I finished all of that myself and found it was a bit too much (at least for lunch). I was going to bike riding after that, but I was so full, I had to go home and sit on the couch instead.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I find you usually get more veggies in Tanmen. Definitely one of my favorite types of ramen.

Know what kind of soup that is?

#15 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:32 AM

Looks good. I feel cheapy you whole mission in Japan is to eat every single food item at every Japanese restaurant and then report to us. :D Their is a static that says that a New yorker could eat a different restaurant every night for 20 years and never yet the same place twice.

#16 Requiem

Requiem

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:52 AM

Is that a full glass of Vodka next to eh bowl? ;)

#17 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Maruchan is good, but this is my favorite of all the Ramens...

Posted Image

:bow:
Only thing that makes it better is if you can add in all that stuff they show on the packet!

Posted Image
Posted Image

#18 kakomu

kakomu

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 December 2005 - 05:53 AM

:bow:
Only thing that makes it better is if you can add in all that stuff they show on the packet!

Buy a bag of frozen "stir fry" vegetables at your local grocery store. Just dump some into the next batch of ramen (I, on the other hand, typically just use carrots, peas and water chestnuts).
GameTZ trade list
TGN trade list
CAG Trade list
Spilled myself all over you like syrup
so delicious and stuck on you.
Used to be Capitalist_mao

#19 Rictor

Rictor

I like big butts...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 11:45 AM

My wife would love to go there just for the food...hmm...maybe I should plan a vacation...she can go out to eat and do all the girly touristy stuff...I can hit up all the video game and comic book stores.

#20 uzumaki_star

uzumaki_star

..:Know Your Roots:..

• CAGiversary!

Posted 05 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

My wife would love to go there just for the food...hmm...maybe I should plan a vacation...she can go out to eat and do all the girly touristy stuff...I can hit up all the video game and comic book stores.

Sounds like a plan ;). I would love to take a trip here just because I like thier culture.
:ps3: Nada thing to play for me
:ps2: FFXII -still working on getting my attention back
:psp: FFVII:CC , Bleach 4(jap vs)
:ds: My Japanesse Coach and FFXII:RW
:wii: GHIII , Arosmith, SMG & Wii Fit
:360: Fable 2

#21 uberzone

uberzone

Posted 05 December 2005 - 09:25 PM

Looks like Vietnamese 'pho'.

#22 redgopher

redgopher

Posted 08 December 2005 - 06:31 AM

My ramen of choice:

Posted Image

Shinramyun. aka: Death Ramen
Usually only available from asian food stores in the States.

Shin ramyun is a hot and beef taste product, made of beef flavor and various natural seasoning. Creating a sensation since the first roll out in October 1986, it has maintained the position as best selling item. It is also loved in Japan, US, Hong Kong, Taiwan and China due to its unique and hot taste.

Look at that awesome red color of the broth. Red as in heat. Heat as in fire. Fire in my mouth. Mmm..

Posted Image

I go nuts when I go to asian food stores. I dropped $15 in awesome ramen and noodles during my last trip.

#23 2poor

2poor

Posted 08 December 2005 - 07:27 AM

Looks like Vietnamese 'pho'.

pho doesnt use fat udon noodles. its those small thin squarish noodles in pho.

#24 gamingninja

gamingninja

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:09 PM

I could really go for some yakisobe. I miss it from my drunk nights out in okinawa

#25 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:16 PM

Tanmen (vegetable ramen) at Kyo-ku (will have to double check that restaruant name)

Yes but is it Authentic?
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#26 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:44 PM

mmmmmmmm, found a pic of my favorite ramen:
Posted Image

coincidentally, nong shim also make my favorite shrimp chips:
Posted Image (hot & spicy... although it's more like sweet & mild :lol: )

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#27 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:03 AM

one of the oddest ramens I cam across (and had... I eat too much ramen) was a mexican salsa Muchan (is that the brand name?) ramen noodles... it even had a mexican hat on the cover. Talk about racial fusion...

#28 ryanlk

ryanlk

I Gotta Believe!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:15 AM

For all you CAGs in the Bay Area,CA there is a great ramen restaurant in Mountain View and in Milpitas, its a chain called Maru Ichi and they make their own noodles from scratch... Man that stuff is delicious! Been there practically every week, and they have the Kuro Ramen (black garlic) and tonkotsu (pork) ramen! Yum

#29 beerguy961

beerguy961

I'm gonna get tore up

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 08:48 PM

For all you CAGs in the Bay Area,CA there is a great ramen restaurant in Mountain View and in Milpitas, its a chain called Maru Ichi and they make their own noodles from scratch... Man that stuff is delicious! Been there practically every week, and they have the Kuro Ramen (black garlic) and tonkotsu (pork) ramen! Yum

Maru Ichi is alright, but I prefer Ryowa around the corner from the MV one. It's more like a Japanese place.

#30 salmonaxxx

salmonaxxx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 December 2005 - 09:24 PM

After watching Kujibiki Unbalance, I decided to dump a spoonful of raw, pressed garlic into my bowl of ramen. I expected it to kill me, but it was surprisingly mellow and tasty. The heat from the soup semi-cooks the garlic, and there's a nice amount of spiciness, too. But afterwards, I could feel the garlic fumes coming from my mouth. :shock: