Louisiana CAGs

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 flytronix

flytronix

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:10 AM

Any LA cags around? Here in Baton Rouge. Happy holidays and good luck 360 hunting if you need one.

#2 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:11 AM

Baton Rouge here...

#3 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:21 AM

west bang of new orleans here.

Posted Image

#4 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:08 AM

west bang of new orleans here.

wanker.

hammond :D

#5 obsidian

obsidian

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:09 AM

Slidell here.

#6 DaleNixon

DaleNixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

Baton Rouge

GameWare is the tits

#7 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:37 PM

Baton Rouge

GameWare is the tits

Is that the place on the bottom floor of the mall? if so that place kicks ass.

Posted Image

#8 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 13 December 2005 - 08:52 PM

Metairie here.

#9 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

Metairie here.

Do you know if the KB in lakeside is boing the BOGO on video games?

Posted Image

#10 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:43 PM

Is that the place on the bottom floor of the mall? if so that place kicks ass.

The one with the arcade?

#11 jlarlee

jlarlee

Tigers love pepper.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:51 PM

Shreveport-Bossier City area here
Posted Image

#12 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:10 PM

The one with the arcade?

Yea.

Posted Image

#13 seebelow

seebelow

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:18 PM

Another Slidell here.

#14 jdejon1

jdejon1

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:30 PM

Baton Rouge and (frequently) Metairie here.

Gameware makes me happy. Gamestop on Siegen is pretty sweet.
The Gametrader locations in Kenner and Metairie are loaded on selection, but man those prices are nuts. Any collectors around?

#15 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 11:38 PM

Baton Rouge and (frequently) Metairie here.

Gameware makes me happy. Gamestop on Siegen is pretty sweet.
The Gametrader locations in Kenner and Metairie are loaded on selection, but man those prices are nuts. Any collectors around?

Agreed on the gametrader prices :shock: the one over here doesn't even have all that great of a selection either - some copies of Mojo and Breakdown sealed are the usual highlights :rofl:

Does GameWare do trade-ins? I always just thought it was an arcade and new game store like Sam Goody but its brobably been 6 months since I've been the the MoL.

#16 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:16 AM

Do you know if the KB in lakeside is boing the BOGO on video games?

Really not sure on this one. Last time I went into that KB for some deals I did not find anything of good. For all of my KB deals I used to go to the KB in Elmwood, but it is not there anymore. Good luck though.

#17 989boi

989boi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:21 AM

I agree about Gametrader. Don't bother with that place unless you're really desperate. I only been there a few times but the employess there are nice.

#18 jer0009

jer0009

Posted 14 December 2005 - 12:43 AM

BR here

#19 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:28 AM

Agreed on the gametrader prices :shock: the one over here doesn't even have all that great of a selection either - some copies of Mojo and Breakdown sealed are the usual highlights :rofl:

Does GameWare do trade-ins? I always just thought it was an arcade and new game store like Sam Goody but its brobably been 6 months since I've been the the MoL.

Sealed Compies of Mojo. *Whistles* I also dont know anything about the sealed copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 promo either.

Posted Image

#20 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:03 AM

Sealed Compies of Mojo. *Whistles* I also dont know anything about the sealed copies of Midway Arcade Treasures 2 promo either.

:rofl: I too am responsible for some of their craptactular copies of games - they just give so much credit and every so often they get something good in - I got NFS: MW the other day w/ credit.

#21 bluenatas09

bluenatas09

Can't think of a Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:05 AM

Slidell..well, and now Baton Rouge.

#22 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 06:07 AM

:rofl: I too am responsible for some of their craptactular copies of games - they just give so much credit and every so often they get something good in - I got NFS: MW the other day w/ credit.

what is funny is they sell them as new with the CC price tags still on them.

the only time i shop there is when i have credit. they werent always that bad i use to go there alot when they were on the wank.

Posted Image

#23 worx

worx

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 07:41 AM

what is funny is they sell them as new with the CC price tags still on them.

the only time i shop there is when i have credit. they werent always that bad i use to go there alot when they were on the wank.

yea - for some reason the one over he leaves the EB/Gamestop tags on too - where the price shows up as being several dollars cheaper most of the time :rofl:

exactly on the credit - I usually bring my stuff there first since I try to support local business and one of the guys that works there is a friend of mine from HS - if they have new releases, I usually trade in my stuff and get an above average deal as far as trade ins go but if there isn't anyhing any good, on to CAG it goes.

#24 989boi

989boi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:11 AM

How much is Gametrader selling Mojo for again? I even never heard of this Mojo game before until I was at the Virgin Megastore. They had a crapload of them in their bargin bin. I think they was selling them for $10 a pop.

#25 DaleNixon

DaleNixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 02:09 PM

Yes Gameware takes used games. I try to buy new games there as much as I can because they are a mom and pop store and they seem to really care about good games vs. selling whatever the flavor of the month is.

I've actually had them tell me stuff like "yea, we just got that game in... but don't waste your money... it SUCKS!" Not the managers, mind you, this is the employees talking!

They import games, import systems, and most of their arcade cabinets are imported as well. Anyone in range should support this store and stores like it unless you want to see more huge corporate gamestores dominate the world.

Hell, where else in town can you get a few sessions of Guitar Freaks and Beatmania in?

#26 CDrebel22

CDrebel22

Posted 14 December 2005 - 04:51 PM

Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.

#27 DaleNixon

DaleNixon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 05:42 PM

I would but I still have to beat Metropolis Street Racer, Project Gotham, and Project Gotham 2. Maybe next year.

#28 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:11 PM

Don't mean to change the subject, but curious if any of you guys are camping out this weekend for a 360? What store and what time do you plan on getting there. I think I will be going to the Vets location around 7 ish on Saturday and seeing if there is any line yet, and if it is already bad, then I will head over to the West Bank location where they are getting many more systems. The timing of this and the Louisiana sales tax exemption this weekend couldn't have been any more perfect.

If i go ill be going to the westbank location just to check out whats going on.

Posted Image

#29 raveneyes

raveneyes

Posted 20 December 2005 - 04:40 AM

Metairie here, no idea there were really any CAGs around here.

~b

#30 madportagee

madportagee

Go for the Gold

• CAGiversary!

Posted 20 December 2005 - 06:27 AM

Bossier Here