Rallisport Challenge 2 $29.99 at Ebgames.com

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Tricky

Tricky

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:25 PM

www.ebgames.com has Rallisport Challenge 2 for $29.99. Pre-Played version is $44.99.
http://www.ebgames.c...duct/239450.asp

#2 flizmo007

flizmo007

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:27 PM

Good deal on a great game...

#3 shipwreck

shipwreck

CAG Reviews Editor

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:32 PM

Could possibly be a universal price drop. GameRush dropped this game to $30 at the beginning of the week.

#4 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:51 PM

gg EBgames.com on the preowned costing more than the new

I hope it gets fixed in-store soon, I'd buy it for $26.99 - that 20% off bag.
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#5 Cornfedwb

Cornfedwb

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

20% off of $30 is $24.. just FYI

#6 Engineer_J

Engineer_J

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:28 PM

I think he means $30 games are usually 26.99 used, 20% off of that would be 21.59 or a hell of a deal

#7 PittsburghAfterDark

PittsburghAfterDark

Registered Sex Offender

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:35 PM

Yet another quality Xbox title that completely tanked. You know, there's no point in buying any Xbox game that doesn't have "Tom Clancy" in the title that doesn't drop $20 inside of 3 months.
What do you call a religion where people believe if they murder non-believers they get to rape 72 virgins?

#8 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 23 June 2004 - 08:39 PM

Yet another quality Xbox title that completely tanked. You know, there's no point in buying any Xbox game that doesn't have "Tom Clancy" in the title that doesn't drop $20 inside of 3 months.

actually within 3 months of both Splinter Cell releases you could find them for 30 (the first one at BB and the second at Compusa)

Posted Image

#9 lordopus99

lordopus99

Training for the silver

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:41 PM

it dropped in store too today. Tomorrow they will drop the preown price, unless it is a week sale.

I personally am thinking it is a universal price drop because the game isn't selling well. Don't ask me why because it is a great driving game.

#10 mtxbass1

mtxbass1

This space for rent.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:49 PM

Anyone else tired of buying a good game right when it comes out, only to have it drop in price 6 weeks after release? Granted, I got RSC2 for nearly free, but still. Like someone mentioned above, if it doesn't have the word "Halo" or "Tom Clancy" printed on it, watch it tank in price. Heh, I wouldn't be suprised if Riddick or Full Spectrum Warrior tanked next.

#11 BlueStorm781

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:51 PM

DAMN IT! I just got the game used last week at Game Crzy for $41.99 used (I traded in some games to knock the price down to $18 or so). If I would have waited a little longer, I could have saved some money if this were a universal price drop. This is pretty much the same thing that happened when I bought Project Gotham Racing 2. Two weeks later, the price was dropped $20 from what I paid.

I guess it seems like a rule of thumb now that any game published by Microsoft that isn't Halo will have a price drop within a couple of months. I'll have to remember this when Forza Motorsport comes out.

#12 ScottsUSERID

ScottsUSERID

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:00 PM

a couple of monthes? i think it was only one month for rallisport 2.

#13 FlipSide

FlipSide

Made in the Philippines

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:07 PM

Game was released 05/04 .. so barely a month and a half, Its part of the XSN series which ussually goes down to $30 in a couple of months. I wasnt expecting it to go down this fast, but hell thats fine with me. Now I cant get it for $25 after GGC if this is a universal price drop :) weee
Posted Image

#14 MrMaddness

MrMaddness

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:09 PM

Gamestop has it for cheap too...

#15 sj41

sj41

That's Bitchin'

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:12 PM

I was going to get RSC2 but PGR2 had more people playing it, was cheaper, and I heard it was really good. I felt no reason to buy RSC2 over PGR2 and I wasn't going to buy them both.

#16 merkman

merkman

CA is better than DA.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:15 PM

Well, I'm part of the DAMN IT club. I bought my copy used last week for $29.99 or so from Gamestop online after discounts. But my copy came without a case or instructions. And now I could get a BRAND NEW ONE for the same price??? GRRRR.

#17 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:55 PM

Wow.. Good thing I waited.. =)
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#18 xion

xion

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 23 June 2004 - 11:58 PM

Nice Find

#19 Wario64

Wario64

Will tweet for @videogamedeals

• Forum Moderator

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:03 AM

It's unfortunate that the game is already $29.99. According to NPD, the game only sold 35k copies in May. Not too hot

#20 paean

paean

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 12:30 AM

Next game to drop to $29.99 is Driv3r.

#21 rvdrock

rvdrock

Master Of The Ellipsis

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:30 AM

I bought this game from VGD for 38.99 recently and I thought that was a good deal!

#22 BlueStorm781

BlueStorm781

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:05 AM

Well, I'm part of the DAMN IT club. I bought my copy used last week for $29.99 or so from Gamestop online after discounts. But my copy came without a case or instructions. And now I could get a BRAND NEW ONE for the same price??? GRRRR.

That sucks when you don't get everything that is supposed to be with the game, like the case or manual. At least the used copy I bought had both the manual and original case, and the disc looked untouched. I can't see why Gamestop can't include the case and manual with their used games online. EB does. It's not that hard to keep original materials intact.

Still, it's a good game, and worth the money, but it's always sweeter to get it cheaper.

Hmmm, that could be a new slogan for this site : "It's always sweeter to get it cheaper".

#23 KingDox

KingDox

Scream My Name

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 03:44 AM

wow great price drop, now I just have to wait till it drops another 10 bucks before I get it.

#24 GhostsToGlory

GhostsToGlory

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:32 PM

Once again, a perfect example of why I don't even bother picking up games when they first come out. I always have something to play, and chances are, by waiting a couple of months, I'm going to save a lot of money. Thanks for the heads up, I'll pick it up soon!

#25 jshorr

jshorr

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 02:05 PM

If you have the 20% off coupon from the web game and a GMR card it'd be only $18.89 plus tax!

gg EBgames.com on the preowned costing more than the new

I hope it gets fixed in-store soon, I'd buy it for $26.99 - that 20% off bag.

#26 laparka72

laparka72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:33 PM

Got mine at Gamestop B&M for 29.99...tons of copies...
How is it that the BEST racing game for xbox with amazing graphics, deep career mode, Live support and superb control sinks at retail?! This game rules..HIGHLY recommended
---
que?

#27 ElwoodCuse

ElwoodCuse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 06:28 PM

How is it that the BEST racing game for xbox with amazing graphics, deep career mode, Live support and superb control sinks at retail?!

Probably because Americans know even less about rally racing than soccer. Is this game selling well in Europe, or do they like Colin McRae better?
But when his drinking and lusting and his hunger for power became known to more and more people, the demands to do something about this outrageous man became louder and louder.

#28 laparka72

laparka72

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 24 June 2004 - 09:36 PM

Colin is more "realistic" but isn't as thrilling to play. I am a huge rally fan and get most rally games when they go down in price and while RS2 isn't a very accurate representation of the sport, it's really fun. I would imagine Colin gets high marks for the realism and RS2 gets ignored due to it's "3 other cars on the road" approach.
---
que?

#29 reallybigafro

reallybigafro

Posted 24 June 2004 - 10:45 PM

i already got PGR2 and i love it, but i've wanted this dame since it's release, now i can finally see what this game has to offer. thanks for the info

#30 AlCaponeXB

AlCaponeXB

Posted 25 June 2004 - 12:28 AM

Next game to drop to $29.99 is Driv3r.

I'll second that.