Photo
- - - - -

The official lets bitch because we're still in college THREAD!

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#1 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:39 PM

81 credits...

5 years...

Associates degree...

That is all I have accomplished. I have 13 credits this semester and will be close to breaking the 100 mark. How are my fellow college people?
Posted Image

#2 soulvengeance

soulvengeance

Beating dead horses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:42 PM

81 credits...

5 years...

Associates degree...

That is all I have accomplished. I have 13 credits this semester and will be close to breaking the 100 mark. How are my fellow college people?

78 credits, one and half years. I have 18.5 credits this semester and should finish next year. I'm a psycho though.:)
mytradelist:
http://www.cheapassg...864#post2614864

Calls this what you may, but I would say that Blacks actually benefited from the slavery. Comparing the current lives of many African Americans to Africans, one can see that the former live in much better conditions with greater freedoms and opportunities.

#3 theq87

theq87

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:44 PM

97 credits, 17 this semester, "real life" = next springgggg...

#4 jaysmooth69

jaysmooth69

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:45 PM

112 credits
A.A. in 8/97

They don't even make a shirt for the amount of years I've been in school. But man can I tell you some stories...

#5 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

78 credits, one and half years. I have 18.5 credits this semester and should finish next year. I'm a psycho though.:)

Tell me the secrets of this .5 credit you have? I do not know why... but it made me laugh.
Posted Image

#6 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:34 PM

I had to have 128 credit hours to graduate but I think I made it with 132 or so. I did it in 4 and a half years. I was only supposed to go 4 years, but I tacked on an extra semester so I could cut back on classes and have a job.

Why is it taking you guys so long to get up there? I'm not cutting you down or anything, just kinda wondering? Are you all not full time students?

And docvinh... 78 credits in a year and a half? Wouldn't that be 26 credit hours per semester? Maybe less with summer school but... I thought there was always a max at 21?

#7 alucard8319

alucard8319

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

95 credits in 4 years ... taking 12 this semester :dunce:

#8 Mookyjooky

Mookyjooky

Work is play...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:50 PM

I would kill to get the chance to goto college.

#9 senorwoohoo

senorwoohoo

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:52 PM

I'll be graduating in the fall of '07 with a slim chance of graduating in the spring of '07. I don't really care if I graduate on time or not, I'm more concerned with doing well in my classes and doing internships. I am probably taking a couple summer courses to help my cause.

#10 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

I would kill to get the chance to goto college.

What's your situation? Why can't you go?

#11 gregthomas77

gregthomas77

Custom User Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:57 PM

In college since 97. About half finished with my second masters degree. I figure if I stay in school forever, maybe I won't have to pay back the loans.

#12 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 03:58 PM

I've always thought that people who take more than 16 credits were a little wacky;)

#13 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:03 PM

6 years 24 credits beat that. Im so lazy.......but now that AOL timer warner will foot the bill I will finish as fast as I can.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#14 Mookyjooky

Mookyjooky

Work is play...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:05 PM

What's your situation? Why can't you go?

Mom was a single mom, Waitress and I grew up without being able to even buy school photos... then I dropped out of High School, became a webdesigner, then went to an alternative school, got my diploma, and I've just been busting my ass to the top. I'm a Sysadmin for GE, making 45,000 a year. Decent for a dropout, but God, I fucking hate computers.

I thought the money would allow me to goto school, but being 25, I'm finding it extreamly hard. I dont even know where to start anymore.

#15 bil4ltool

bil4ltool

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:11 PM

Maybe you could try doing some basics at a community college? They're fairly easy and you'll probably need them when you finally decide what you want to do. That's what a lot of people do at my community college.

Myself, I'm in my fourth semester working towards my AA in Fire Science. I take about 12 Hours a semester, not trying to fly through, I have 32 credits, and I'll have 46 after this semester, so it should only be another year or two and then I'll start working towards my paramedic.

#16 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:15 PM

American needs free college and health care for all.........
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#17 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:18 PM

Or we can bitch about being out of college for almost 3 years, making crap pay, and not liking your job :D
Posted Image

#18 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Or we can bitch about being out of college for almost 3 years, making crap pay, and not liking your job :D

I'd post in that thread!!!

#19 TurkeyOnRye

TurkeyOnRye

Hey? Is this velvet?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:31 PM

Mom was a single mom, Waitress and I grew up without being able to even buy school photos... then I dropped out of High School, became a webdesigner, then went to an alternative school, got my diploma, and I've just been busting my ass to the top. I'm a Sysadmin for GE, making 45,000 a year. Decent for a dropout, but God, I fucking hate computers.

I thought the money would allow me to goto school, but being 25, I'm finding it extreamly hard. I dont even know where to start anymore.

Have you looked into financial aid? FAFSA.org and all of that? You can get school loans, but you have to pay it all back.

Plus, $45K a year is better than most Bachelor degree holders start out with. Trust me.

#20 savestheday888

savestheday888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:34 PM

Ahh, the joy of college life. I have 91 credits, and I'll be done in December. Although, I do share in the3rdkey's pain as we attend Espanol 102 together. Haha!

#21 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:36 PM

Have you looked into financial aid? FAFSA.org and all of that? You can get school loans, but you have to pay it all back.

Plus, $45K a year is better than most Bachelor degree holders start out with. Trust me.

I agree...I have a BS in biochemistry and started out at 26k...in BOSTON! After 2.5years I'm at 31k...which is still well below the average salary for boston.
Posted Image

#22 savestheday888

savestheday888

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:42 PM

I agree...I have a BS in biochemistry and started out at 26k...in BOSTON! After 2.5years I'm at 31k...which is still well below the average salary for boston.

The problem is that the BS just isn't good enough anymore. You have to go all the way. Get your master's degree, or even your PHD.

#23 daschrier

daschrier

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:43 PM

I make as much as the PhDs ;)
Posted Image

#24 Msia

Msia

COR BLIMEY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:47 PM

95 credits, taking 16 right now. I hope to graduate in December but if I get a summer internship it will be next spring then.

#25 Reality's Fringe

Reality's Fringe

Goes sex for pussy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:48 PM

I have 2 years left after this semester. I'm pretty close to joining ROTC, but my university doesn't have a chapter, so I'd have to commute a god ways for Military science classes. It would be worth it, since I'd be guaranteed a job upon graduation...except for all of those flying bullets.
http://artthoubored.ytmnd.com/

http://snapintotehslimjim.ytmnd.com/

I had one last summer. I was asleep for it so I have no recollection of anything being up my ass.

#26 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 04:59 PM

American needs free college and health care for all.........

I agree with the college part being free but the health care is a bigger issue. Look at Canada it can take up to 17 weeks to see a doctor and most of their doctors and nurses are working in the U.S. Socialized health care does not work!
Posted Image

#27 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:11 PM

Sign me up for that!

Took me 6 1/2 yrs. for my bachelor's degree. And it hasn't helped. That's what I get for getting a degree in something I'm interested in as opposed to something marketable.

Now it's back to school for me, for a master's I can actually used.

Assuming I can pass the admissions test...:-#

#28 Soodmeg

Soodmeg

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:19 PM

82 credits after 2 and a half years......then i made the mistake of transfering.............now i have like 43 credits. Son of a bitch. College sucks.

#29 Guest_Apossum_*

Guest_Apossum_*

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

38 credits after 1 and a half years, not counting the semester I dropped out. I'm double majoring, so I'm fully expecting to be here another 3 and a half years...then straight into grad or law school.

#30 b0bx13

b0bx13

Ah, custom title.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 January 2006 - 05:23 PM

27 credits after 1 semester. Taking 12 this semester.