• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

http://www.gamestop....uct_id=B281383A

Not sure if an artbook is enough to make me drop the full $49.99... it REALLY depends on what kind of quality the artbook is, unfortunately, GS does not say.

The deal is also good at EB.

Ugh... do I get the artbook, or wait for the inevitable price drop?

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#2 sonicbooom

sonicbooom

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:21 PM

Wait for a price drop.. forget the art book. Unless you're some kind of obsessed Tales freak.

#3 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:24 PM

Fry's will probably have the game for $37.99 like a week after release... so I'd much rather wait for that than get an artbook.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#4 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

http://www.gamestop....uct_id=B281383A

Not sure if an artbook is enough to make me drop the full $49.99... it REALLY depends on what kind of quality the artbook is, unfortunately, GS does not say.

The deal is also good at EB.

Ugh... do I get the artbook, or wait for the inevitable price drop?

wait and pick up the artbook off ebay : )
WOOOO I STINK

#5 Lizard Axe

Lizard Axe

Reinstate Moltar!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:28 PM

Isn't it like $56 total after shipping and tax? Man...
OK Yes

#6 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:43 PM

DAMMIT. I was trying to avoid preordering this. I only preorder games to get bonuses like this...
Hi...

DID SOMEBODY SAY "TOOT"?!?
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image I WILL MOTHERF--KING BAN THE F--KING SHIT OUT OF YOU Posted Image

Posted Image

#7 Msia

Msia

COR BLIMEY!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:48 PM

Wait for Abyss. Only thing this game has going for it is its music.

#8 WebScud

WebScud

Posted 28 January 2006 - 09:17 PM

Preorder and join the...

Posted ImageTales Underground

:D

#9 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

The artbook that came with Sympthonia is actually pretty good.

also the chance of Abssy getting a US release will depend on the sales of this game.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#10 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

The artbook that came with Sympthonia is actually pretty good.

True that and it sells on eBay for about $20 at the cheapest. I already preordered this and Grandia III for the free swag...

#11 BIG5

BIG5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:23 AM

True that and it sells on eBay for about $20 at the cheapest. I already preordered this and Grandia III for the free swag...

$20 you say? Interesting...

#12 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

Well, it depends. $20 is pushing it, because after all, it's just an artbook. I sold my ToS artbook right about a month after I got it - I got it for the game, so I thought I would sell it and make money on Ebay - $10, after shipping. For those wondering about the quality of the artbook, if it's anything like Tales of Symph, you won't be disappointed. They used matte paper and for the photos it has a gloss coating over it. Think of the good quality college catalogs that they pass out, and that's what it'll feel like.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#13 crawdd

crawdd

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:00 AM

There's a bonus for preordering Grandia 3? I haven;t heard anything about that. What exactly is it?

#14 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

There's a bonus for preordering Grandia 3? I haven;t heard anything about that. What exactly is it?

It's a lame looking compass / keychain / belt clip.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#15 Starky27

Starky27

RPG Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:03 AM

It's a carabiner with a compass and the GIII logo on it...

#16 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:25 AM

I just confirmed with my local GS manager that they'll have these in-store for pre-orders, so if you'd like to avoid ordering online (like myself), you might want to ask your local store.

#17 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:43 AM

Wait a minute. I just remembered that I'm boycotting the Tales series, because Namco decided to suck and not release Tales of Rebirth over here. That game looked awesome, but, nooooo, us Americans just can't handle RPGs having 2D graphics anymore, I guess.

Of course, Tales of Phantasia being released in the US (GBA version FINALLY comes out March 6th) is something I have been waiting for for an entire decade, now, and Tales of the Tempest looks amazing. So, I don't think I'll be able to keep the boycott going for much longer...
Hi...

Posted Image

#18 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:36 AM

Tales of Rebirth looked really pretty, but the plot really wasn't very good and it had quite a fair amount of racism and things like that, possibly moreso than any other game as I can recall, not sure how well that would've gone over. I would much have rather had that here than Legendia though. I'm still getting this regardless for sure though, plus sales of this will probably make or break Abyss coming out here, which by most accounts is one of the best Tales, if not the best.

#19 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 06:44 AM

Wait a minute. I just remembered that I'm boycotting the Tales series, because Namco decided to suck and not release Tales of Rebirth over here. That game looked awesome, but, nooooo, us Americans just can't handle RPGs having 2D graphics anymore, I guess.

Of course, Tales of Phantasia being released in the US (GBA version FINALLY comes out March 6th) is something I have been waiting for for an entire decade, now, and Tales of the Tempest looks amazing. So, I don't think I'll be able to keep the boycott going for much longer...

Just give up. Boycotting hasn't solved anything major in hundreds of years. Instead, it leaves you without a great series. Anyway, if you want something that's sort of a rebirth, Tales of Eternia was brought out on the PSP and it's hitting the UK in February. Should be a definite import for RPG fans.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#20 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:37 AM

by boycotting you are actually hurting the chance of future games getting a US release. If Legendia sell like gangbuster, Namco would definly try to cash in by bringing more games.

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#21 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:08 AM

According to some guy on Gamefaqs, it'll be a 80 page artbook, similar to ToS. Again I repeat, from Gamefaqs, so take it however you want.
MGO: LiquidCake

#22 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:32 AM

the gamefaqs community for lesser known unrelease games is actually pretty good.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#23 Raymond

Raymond

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

Forget about the artbook, wait until review or price drop. So you don't waste 50 bucks hard earn money.

#24 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

Tales of Rebirth looked really pretty, but the plot really wasn't very good and it had quite a fair amount of racism and things like that, possibly moreso than any other game as I can recall, not sure how well that would've gone over. I would much have rather had that here than Legendia though. I'm still getting this regardless for sure though, plus sales of this will probably make or break Abyss coming out here, which by most accounts is one of the best Tales, if not the best.

Compared to the mediocre story that is ToS I don't know how much worse ToR could've been. The ONLY good thing to ToS from what I played of it is the combat, bottom line.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#25 nintendokid

nintendokid

MAGUS WANTS ME BAN 4 LIFE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:51 PM

Did you say racism? That's actually one of the best themes to use in a game because racism = political strife = class struggles = conspiracies = a good a$$ plot possibility. We haven't seen enough of it yet in RPGs. Enough with personal psychological issues (ie Cloud, Tidus, Squall), on with greater themes and plots that affect everyone.
[URL="http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1631519#post1631519"][/URL]

#26 CoffeeEdge

CoffeeEdge

Resident Communaut

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 05:59 PM

by boycotting you are actually hurting the chance of future games getting a US release. If Legendia sell like gangbuster, Namco would definly try to cash in by bringing more games.

Maybe boycotting is the wrong word. What I mean is, I'm not going out of my way to buy every Tales game as soon as it comes out in the US, for $50 (same thing I do for almost all games). The fact that one of the ones I was most looking foward to got snubbed for the US just gave me another reason.

Also, regarding SailorDaravon's points about the plot points of racism in Tales of Rebirth: Wouldn't you say that Tales of Symphonia had "racism" as a plot point (Desians enslaving humans, etc)? Or species-ism or whatever? That didn't stop it from getting a US release, now did it?
Hi...

Posted Image

#27 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

No, in Rebirth it's much worse between racists, things literally along the line of people saying "I'm not letting any halfbreed Fuck my daughter," almost word for word. Goes a LOT farther than ToS does in that regard. Again, I have no idea if that's why it wasn't released here or not though, who knows why they do things sometimes.

#28 gopro

gopro

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 02:01 AM

Why is it that this games battle system doesnt look like anything from Symphonia? It more resembles Destiny, which IMO is par at best. Also Famitsu Weekly gave this game a 8/10 and at some guys website he gave it a C- ranking. So yea...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

For Trade List
http://tradegamesnow...mugga&view=list

#29 evo t rex

evo t rex

This Space for Rent

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:07 AM

Back to the subject, I wouldn't reserve anything in a store in the hope of actually getting the bonus items. I reserved games in the past as soon as the bonus items are announced, then, strangely enough, they fail to show with the game. I usually get some song and dance about how I didn't reserve it early enough, or some other BS. I'd bet money that some damned employee ended up with it.

Anyway, if you want the items for certain, order them online. I'm not saying they're worth a $50 game, but still...

#30 SailorDaravon

SailorDaravon

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:11 AM

Back to the subject, I wouldn't reserve anything in a store in the hope of actually getting the bonus items. I reserved games in the past as soon as the bonus items are announced, then, strangely enough, they fail to show with the game. I usually get some song and dance about how I didn't reserve it early enough, or some other BS. I'd bet money that some damned employee ended up with it.

Anyway, if you want the items for certain, order them online. I'm not saying they're worth a $50 game, but still...

Depends on the store. I know my GS manager and asked him specifically, and he said he knew 100% sure that they were getting them in-store for preorders. My GS usually gets preorder stuff, but not always. I've had a mixed bag online ordering too; they tend to take a while to take down the bonus offers; just because they have the bonus offer up doesn't mean they still have it in stock, it takes them a while to take it down.