• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Javery

Javery

Drug-Dealer-Keeper-Awayer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:18 PM

http://boardsus.play...scending&page=1

Take it for what it's worth. If true, the PS3 sounds like a monster but Sony has failed to live up to its promises before:

• PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live
  • PS3 will be a DVR
  • It will connect with psp
  • There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US (alot more then what people know about)
  • The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)
  • The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc
  • The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further
  • PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
  • PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities
  • Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp
  • The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks
  • Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system

--- Bella's Arcade --- Donkey Kong + ---

#2 Dr Mario Kart

Dr Mario Kart

SD/2D Defense Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:23 PM

the phrase, "will have online service that goes beyond xbox live" seems rather subjective to me. When I think leak, I think actual numbers, like specs, or price.

#3 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:24 PM

You got this from the Sony message boards?

You are not e.

#4 diaeresis

diaeresis

Lemon$$$$ '08

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:30 PM

Subject: CONFIDENTIAL

omg PS3 r0x0rz!

-t3h CE0

#5 shieryda

shieryda

Opus Eponymous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

If the console has all those capabilities, it would almost have to cost more than $300 at launch.

Sounds intriguing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

#6 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:41 PM

Wow, I don't even need or want half that stuff. I just wanna play the games!

#7 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:01 PM

Oi, if this stuff is true, people are gonna fill the hard drive to capacity on day freaking one.

#8 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:11 PM

great info!
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#9 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

I wouldn't doubt the PSP info, but I seriously doubt the DVR (unless there's an extra fee), the "HI-DEF movies", etc.

It's funny, we hear nothing but hype from fans, but the people actually working on it are doing nothing but dogging on it.. saying it overheats, melts down, hard to program for, then the developer who got axed for talking trash about it..

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#10 munch

munch

la tĂȘte de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:15 PM

omg PS3 r0x0rz!

-t3h CE0

:rofl: this does sound like extreme bullshit.

#11 bmulligan

bmulligan

I am a free man

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

PS3 will have online service that goes beyond xbox live
-doubtful

PS3 will be a DVR
-more than doubtful, why on earth would they put in the extra cost of -R functionality with something that isn't even a DVR ? This is just stupid rumor

It will connect with psp
- more than likely true

There are alot of games being worked on for it right now in the US (alot more then what people know about)
-Duh, it's a Sony console, everyone wants to jump on board

The final ps3 dev kit is alot faster than they thought (according to the developer)
- ??

The ps3 will have an itunes type service to let you download HI DEF movies, music, etc
- i-tunes? Probably. Hi def movie download ? more than doubtful for a myriad of reasons from piracy to bandwidth

The Ps3 will take the media center functionality the 360 has even further
-we'll see. Probably true since Sony us an entertainment company moreso than MS

PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities
-nope, sorry. Maybe for Sony produced movies, but I doubt any of the other studios will jump on this one.

Firmware updates will add more functionality, much like with the psp
-another DUH !

The Blu Ray Player functionality doesnt cost as much as a stand alone player because the Cell and RSX can take care of alot of the stuff the ps3 will need to do to be able to read the disks
- another Huh ?

Fall release date for ps3, no release date for online service, but expected to launch w/ the system
- a double huh ? no release date but expected to release w/ fall release of system, hence, a release date

Wow, your source must be a few points shy of retarted.

The Neo-Communist Manifesto: "In your mind freedom is an end in and of itself. In my mind freedom is a means of improving society and giving people a better life. Those ideas result in very different methods of running society. " - alonzomourning23

bmulligan.png<------GOOZEX ?    Goozex is dead.

#12 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

Huh... looks a lot like the press releases for the PS2 but they just replaced 2 with 3.

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#13 Plinko

Plinko

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:28 PM

Wow...loaded with crap I don't need and won't use. All I care about is playing the new Ratchet and Clank games.

#14 DJSteel

DJSteel

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:46 PM

Wow...loaded with crap I don't need and won't use. All I care about is playing the new Ratchet and Clank games.

well you are in the minority...
Posted ImagePosted Image
Mario kart Wii Code - 4597-0827-2394

#15 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:01 PM

What the Fuck does that part about the Cell and RSX have to do w/ Blu Ray functionaility?

#16 ryanbph

ryanbph

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:02 PM

If the console has all those capabilities, it would almost have to cost more than $300 at launch.

Sounds intriguing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

my thoughts exactly...but the dvr functionality isn't that far off, as microsoft had talked about it for the xbox, and then said it would have to come next gen, but haven't talked about it so far for the 360. Also the d/l itunes thing has been talked about previously for both the ps3 and xbox 360, and I wouldn't be suprised if both the dvr and itunes thing is something we see b4 this next generation is over.

Posted Image

#17 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:07 PM

***PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your ps3 on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.***

I really like this Idea and I hope it is true.

#18 Mookyjooky

Mookyjooky

Work is play...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:08 PM

well you are in the minority...

Actually, he's in the majority. As the majority will never use all this crap. Remember, this is no longer a "gamers" hobby, the market is Madden and GTA clones...

Lets not forget that only 10% of Xbox users had XBL. Even after Halo 2. So please... lets not base everything on the majority of the people here. We're all gamers, but this hobby no longer belongs to us, Sony ruined that long ago.

#19 Darknyss

Darknyss

Trophies 4TW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:11 PM

What the Fuck does that part about the Cell and RSX have to do w/ Blu Ray functionaility?

I assume it means since the PS3 runs off a cell processor it won't cost as much to add BluRay functionality. Most standalone players aren't going to have as much processing power which equates to a higher cost inorder to make it work.

Many people were frightened when they announced stand alone BluRay players would be $800 - $1000. If Sony can add this at a much cheaper cost it would be great news.

And I really like the fact that they are suposedly shooting for DVR capability. I don't have a TiVo so if I can get another use out of the PS3 it would be niiice. (Much like when the PS2 came out and I didn't have a dvd player yet.)

#20 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:12 PM

Alot of that sounds alot like the PSX all over again. And we all know how well that did.

I think this is 100% BS, And if it was true I think we would be looking at a $1000 console.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#21 the3rdkey

the3rdkey

Foot Cheap Ass

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 06:28 PM

omg PS3 r0x0rz!

-t3h CE0

Where did you get this email? HAXXXOERSZ
Posted Image

#22 dpatel

dpatel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:47 PM

some good info here. I really hope they do add all that, but I am afraid of price.

if anyone is wondering, that info is directly from the new OPM.
http://forums.qj.net...1312#post391312

#23 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

I assume it means since the PS3 runs off a cell processor it won't cost as much to add BluRay functionality. Most standalone players aren't going to have as much processing power which equates to a higher cost inorder to make it work.

Many people were frightened when they announced stand alone BluRay players would be $800 - $1000. If Sony can add this at a much cheaper cost it would be great news.

Yeah ... still seems sketchy. I'm no tech-head, but how does a graphics chip slash processor improve a laser's ability to get info off a disk? Standalone players don't HAVE processing power, because they don't need it. A glaring tech untruth like that makes me doubt the info in its entirety. Though I guess blatant distortion could make this more credible as actually coming from Sony ...

#24 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:31 PM

PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your psp on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.
PSP will be able to send its files straight to the psp from anywhere in the world, and it can also control its DVR functionalities
-nope, sorry. Maybe for Sony produced movies, but I doubt any of the other studios will jump on this one.

***PS3 will serve as a location free player for the psp, means you can watch the dvd's that you have in your ps3 on your psp (from anywhere in the world), or any other video files you have on your ps3, though this is still only being planned.***

I really like this Idea and I hope it is true.

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/SY_DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=f27KcX7yRXHLmz0RwlPAejHiovJ4AM1o5Ao=?CategoryName=tv_LocationFreeTVs&ProductSKU=LFPK1&Dept=tvvideo&INT=sstyle-tvvideo-deptfeature-LFPK1|sstyle:sy_dept_content_b:tvvideo

edit: this company makes a similar product (and better according to the reviews) - http://www.slingboxers.com/

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#25 xrickyb86x

xrickyb86x

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:52 PM

for those who are still iffy about the info...

http://kotaku.com/ga...aled-152465.php

#26 SteveMcQ

SteveMcQ

I love Panda!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:19 PM

Yeah ... still seems sketchy. I'm no tech-head, but how does a graphics chip slash processor improve a laser's ability to get info off a disk? Standalone players don't HAVE processing power, because they don't need it. A glaring tech untruth like that makes me doubt the info in its entirety. Though I guess blatant distortion could make this more credible as actually coming from Sony ...

Exactly what confused me. What the hell did that mean?

#27 Beana Blasta

Beana Blasta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:23 PM

does anyone know how many ports this sytem will have? and any new on Divx capabilities?
Posted Image

#28 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

does anyone know how many ports this sytem will have? and any new on Divx capabilities?

My guess is that lots of games will be ported from the Xbox 360 to the PS3 but I don't know what the specific number will be. :D

#29 Beana Blasta

Beana Blasta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

My guess is that lots of games will be ported from the Xbox 360 to the PS3 but I don't know what the specific number will be. :D

i mean controller ports
Posted Image

#30 Javery

Javery

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

i mean controller ports

I know, I was just messing with you. I would guess 4 controller ports - it seems to be the standard now...