Rozz

We Trippy Mane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

Copied from OP of former Target Clearance threads*
Summer 2K5
Spring 2005 thread
Original Target Clearance Thread

Since the Target deals are usually of the "your mileage may vary" type, let's keep all the target clearance deals in this thread.

Here is a fairly easy way to check if your local Target has the games on clearance without making the store clerk unlock the display case and price-scan a bunch of games. Very often, games may be on sale, but will not be marked as such.

BigDirty came up with this nice time saver. Respect his cheap ass skills.

1) Check this thread for games that have been reported on clearance.

2) Go to www.half.com, http://bits.com/ or similar website and search for the game to locate its UPC code number. Its in the grey box underneath the box art graphic.

3) Go to http://upcdata.info/ , www.milk.com/barcode/ , or www.upcdatabase.com and enter the code so you can print out the UPC.

4) Go to Target and use the price scanners to scan your printouts and search for cheap ass deals!

FYI: "When a game's price ends with 8 cents, further reduction is possible, when it ends in 4 cents, that's the ball game, pick it up cause it's not going any lower. If it ends in 9 cents, it's just on sale or on a non-clearance reduction." - BigDirty

Games that do not sell after being discounted are often donated to local Goodwills for sale at their retail stores, so check there when the clearance items dissappear.

This thread is for Clearance deals, not sale items or raincheck "scams"
Please Post City, State and Store (If City has many stores), game, system and price

Keep extraneous discussion to a minimum, as posts not pretating to clearance deals may be deleted by the mod crew.

As always-- YMMV

Example:

Philadelphia, PA Snyder Plaza
BigDirty's Wild Ride, XBox, $4.98

*Thanks to CheapyD and BigDirty for the info*

#2 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:15 PM

From Target Clearance Thread IV:

DS - Polarium: $20.98
DS - Meteos: $14.98
DS - Trace Memory: $14.98
DS - Tiger Woods : $20.98
XB - NFL Street 2: $9.98
XB - Halo 2 Map Pack: $9.98
PS2 - Sega Classics Collection: $6.98
PS2 - Viewtiful Joe 2: $10.48
PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98
PS2 - NHL2K5: $10.98
PS2 - Star Ocean: $13.98
PS2 - Tony Hawk 4 $6.98
PS2 - LTTR: Two Towers $13.98
PS2 - LTTR: Return King $9.98
PS2 - Resident Evil Outbreak #1 $13.98
PS2 - One of the Cabela Hunting titles $9.98

and I saw these

PS2 - Shark Tale : 13.98
XB - Namco 50th Anniversary Collection : $13.98
XB - Shrek 2 : $13.98

Also note that prices can vary wildly at Targets. I went to 2 today.
The first had Trace Memory at $20.98, the second at $14.98. The
first one had Polarium at $9.98, though.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#3 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention, even though it's not strictly clearance:

The crappy GBA games that were going for $11.99 have been Price Cut to $9.99. Ms. Pac Man Maze Madness is tempting at that price, though I have half a mind to see if the whole lot gets clearanced.
Now playing: Some Game I Last Played Months Ago (DS), Ancient Game I Tried Once (PS3), Why Do I Never Update My Signature? (360), Backlog Assassins (iPad)

#4 majinvegeta-88

majinvegeta-88

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

They had some 2 pack games for clearance at my target in okemos, mi

007 Nightfire/Tokyo Xtreme Racing 3 7.48
dave mirra bmx/strike force bowling 7.48
ghost recon/pinball 7.48
future tactics/harry potter quittich world cup 10.48
rumble rose 7.48
trace memory 20.98
polarium 20.98

hid a copy of trace memory waiting for a drop and picked up the nightfire combo

#5 meditative_zebra

meditative_zebra

Around and 'round He Goes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:32 PM

I was at the Target in OKC off of May today and found:

Warcraft III Battle Chest - $9.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2) - $4.98

#6 Gator

Gator

A WINNER IS YOU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 February 2006 - 09:33 PM

I've read at another site that someone found Castlevania DS was marked down to $7.98. I've yet to find any confirmation though... I'll post if I find anything when I stop by tonight.

#7 djkunai

djkunai

Posted 07 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

Sega Classics Collection is $6.98.
Posted Image

#8 tool80

tool80

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:17 AM

I was hoping my local target (rockaway NJ) would have any of the DS games on clearance but i came up empty handed... (looking for polarium, meteos, and Trace Memory...)

#9 manthing

manthing

etc, etc, etc, etc,

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:21 AM

Thanks to the OP re:Meteos. I went to the local Target, and Meteos was still behind the glass. I found the clerk, and asked if she could price check the game. To my delight and her surprise, it rang up at $20.98.

man-thing
All I need now is Phoenix Wright for my DS...

#10 tool80

tool80

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:24 AM

All I need now is Phoenix Wright for my DS...

maybe OT, but i found a used copy today at my local gamestop (Flanders NJ)... Box, but no manual...

Check the GS locator.. maybe theres one for sale in your area?

#11 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:44 AM

Yeah I saw Meteos, Trace Memory and Polarium at my Target for $20.98 each. I will wait till they go down even further. Right now they are at 30% off, hopefully soon they will reach the 50% or even 70% off.

#12 Gator

Gator

A WINNER IS YOU

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 01:51 AM

Regarding my post @ #6... the guy at the message board said he was "mistaken"... Castlevania: DS is still $35 :(

#13 Red Hedgehog

Red Hedgehog

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:15 AM

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 was $4.98 at a local Target. Otherwise, the few things I found (Star Ocean, Sega Classics) were what have been posted earlier. None of the clearanced DS games. :(

#14 roguejedi5

roguejedi5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:24 AM

I was at the Target in OKC off of May today and found:

Warcraft III Battle Chest - $9.99
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2) - $4.98

What?! WC3 battle chest for that cheap? Can anyone confirm this?
No luck on checking 3 L.A., ca stores for the Trace memory and Meteos they all came up $20.98.
And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. --- Bruce Wayne

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it. --- Ferris Bueller

#15 neudog

neudog

Airborne!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:31 AM

Along with the games listed my Target had TS: Future Perfect(XBX)-$9.98 and Unreal Championship 2 (XBX)-$13.98
:bouncy:HAPPY GAMING:bouncy:
Tradelist Posted ImageThere is no need to fight, there are items for all:-P
Perrin Kaplan on Sex/Violence in Games -"Parents who use video games as a babysitter shouldn't have sex to begin with"
Posted Image
Posted Image
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#16 rygar

rygar

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:55 AM

So I have yet to find a clearance section at my Target. Are the games behind glass or are they actually in some corner somewhere with stickers with reduced prices on them?

#17 dutchfudge

dutchfudge

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:02 AM

Yeah I saw Meteos, Trace Memory and Polarium at my Target for $20.98 each. I will wait till they go down even further. Right now they are at 30% off, hopefully soon they will reach the 50% or even 70% off.

The closing toys 'r us store prolly have butt loads of polarium(I was at the vallejo, CA store on Sunday, before the superbowl of course. They had like 10-12 marked at 9.99, plus 30% off so $7 a pop.

#18 aoLat

aoLat

In West Clowndelphia...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:11 AM

Hopefully Meteos and Trace Memory are at my Target. My Target has been dry the last couple of months. :(

#19 addicted2games

addicted2games

游戏玩家为生活 !!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:09 AM

The closing toys 'r us store prolly have butt loads of polarium(I was at the vallejo, CA store on Sunday, before the superbowl of course. They had like 10-12 marked at 9.99, plus 30% off so $7 a pop.

My TRU isnt closing, so no deal. Oh well.

#20 meditative_zebra

meditative_zebra

Around and 'round He Goes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:12 AM

What?! WC3 battle chest for that cheap? Can anyone confirm this?
No luck on checking 3 L.A., ca stores for the Trace memory and Meteos they all came up $20.98.

This particular Target is the only one where I've found Warcraft III for $9.99. At the other Target I tried it was still $39.99

#21 drsuper23

drsuper23

Been here a while

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 04:35 AM

My local Target in the North Miami, FL area had Polarium and Tiger Woods DS for $14.98. I wonder how Polarium plays. I passed on it when KBToys had it for $10. They had about 30 copies of it. Anyone wants to share their opinion?
Posted Image

Posted Image
PS3 Trophies

For use of those who I trade with. My past trade rating.

#22 fraeone

fraeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 07:13 AM

My TRU isnt closing, so no deal. Oh well.

Polarium has been on TRU's green tag clearance list for quite a while @ $9.99, (my store isn't closing and its been at that price for at least a month)

#23 blandstalker

blandstalker

I am Irrelevant Bitching

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:58 PM

My local Target in the North Miami, FL area had Polarium and Tiger Woods DS for $14.98. I wonder how Polarium plays. I passed on it when KBToys had it for $10. They had about 30 copies of it. Anyone wants to share their opinion?

Think of Polarium as a no-frills puzzle. Don't buy it for graphics (it's all black and white), music (can't remember if there is any), or excitement. Don't buy it for the endless mode, either, which is okay but nothing special.

It is good if you like puzzle games. The puzzles are clever and an excellent use of the DS.

It is easily worth $10 if you like games like Denki Blocks, or It's Mr. Pants. If you're looking for Meteos or Lumines, don't bother.

#24 paintballers

paintballers

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:18 PM

Is Donkey Konga with drums on sale in target or was that in walmart?

#25 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 05:40 PM

Nothing here yet I will be going back to an alternate and report back the findings.
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#26 fraeone

fraeone

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:18 PM

I would say that Polarium is definitely worth $10-$15, it's very no-frills, but the gameplay is very solid, and the puzzles get difficult as you go on, so you'll get some playtime out of it. Tiger Woods DS on the other hand, is just terrible, the touch-screen swing mechanic is teh suck.

#27 Snake2715

Snake2715

Gotta Have Your Toys...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 08:45 PM

See I didnt find Tiger woods that bad. Its definately easy to spend some time on.

Also if you screw up a hole just save and leave before you finish the hole and you restart at the begining of the hole.....This can come in handy on the later challenges..

I put about 2 hours into it and loaned it out and have yet to get it back...
-Josh

Posted Image
-courtesy of onetrackmind-

TRADE LIST

#28 Miller2847

Miller2847

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:02 PM

XB - Halo 2 Map Pack: $9.98
PS2 - Sega Classics Collection: $6.98
PS2 - Viewtiful Joe 2: $10.48
PS2 - Resident Evil: Outbreak: $13.98
PS2 - Star Ocean: $13.98
PS2 - Tony Hawk 4 $6.98
DS - Tiger Woods $14.98

Found these at the maple street target in Omaha. All except tiger woods were in a section of the video games where they leave the glass door open. Tiger woods was on an endcap right by the video games along with some other xbox and DS games. (can't remember the titles)

Looks like the target clearances are starting to pick up again.

#29 MaxBiaggi3

MaxBiaggi3

Designated Bad Guy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:29 PM

Looks like the target clearances are starting to pick up again.

I haven't found anything at Target for months now, so a change in status here would be quite welcome. :D

#30 alfonsosoriano

alfonsosoriano

You Like This Face?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:41 PM

Does anybody know anything about Total Overdose being $13 at Target? Sorry if talked about in this thread.