Question about picking up packages at Post Office

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:50 PM

I'm tracking an order that is to be delivered by USPS, and when I check the status online it says that a delivery attempt was made and a notice was left. The problem is, I didn't get a notice and now I'm worried. Is it still possible to pick up the package at the post office without the notice?

#2 sblymnlcrymnl

sblymnlcrymnl

married ... with children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 03:51 PM

I'm tracking an order that is to be delivered by USPS, and when I check the status online it says that a delivery attempt was made and a notice was left. The problem is, I didn't get a notice and now I'm worried. Is it still possible to pick up the package at the post office without the notice?

Shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you bring your ID.

#3 JohnnyDrama

JohnnyDrama

VICTORY!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

Shouldn't be a problem, just make sure you bring your ID.

Thanks, ID isn't a problem. This is the first time I've encountered this, so it kinda worried me a little.

#4 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 February 2006 - 04:10 PM

I've had this happen to me numerous times, and there's two reasons why you didn't get a notice:

1) The sorting person who seperates the mail to give to the carrier didn't write one up or include it with your mail.
2) The carrier didn't put it in your mailbox.

And there might a third reason:
3) It's stuck inside of a catalog/magazine or something else like it.

I'd go there with a printout of the USPS.com info showing that you have the package and it had a delivery attempt. After 5 days, they will send it back to the person shipping it, so I wouldn't wait too long before getting it. ID is a must, especially if the package has insurance on it.

#5 browneyedgal68

browneyedgal68

Trading Time Out (Rule Violation) Do not trade!

• Trading Timeout - Rule Violation

Posted 09 February 2006 - 06:04 PM

This happens all the time. Just bring ID and they'll give it to you, as long as they haven't sent it back. Technically, they're supposed to make a second attempt to deliver, but if you're in an apartment, a lot of times they don't even make the first attempt.

#6 alonzomourning23

alonzomourning23

all my heroes are dead

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 06:40 AM

My mailman is a jackass. I was outside once, about 10 feet from the mailbox, and he left a slip in my mailbox saying "sorry we missed you" which meant I had to go down to the post office to get my package. He's done that multiple times, other times he's done it when people were walking in from their car, or with the door wide open to the house (meaning people are obviously coming in and out). We complained so he started leaving the packages, before that he wouldn't leave it if it didn't fit in the mailbox. Walking, getting out of his seat and speaking were to much trouble.
My guide/game tradelist - Free guides (just pay shipping), updated May, 17th, 2006

What CAG'ers have to say about alonzomourning23:

Pittsburghafterdark- "representative of liberalism as a mental disorder"
Bmulligan- "nancyboy", "college bumpkin"
Camoor- "happy-head weenie", "morally bankrupt"

#7 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:14 PM

I wish the USPS would take packages back to the PO when I'm not home. I had ordered a DVD a couple years ago. The tracking indicated that it had been delivered, but I had not received it. After a few days of calls to the PO (it seemed they wanted to help, at first) the conclusion was reached that the carrier must have left it in the hallway outside my apartment door...and one of my neighbors probably stole it.

I don't use the USPS anymore.