Arrested Development Finale Tonight

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:04 PM

Well this snuck up on me. I knew it was in February, but figured it would be on Monday or Sunday (like the show used to be). But no, in a final eff you Fox did virtually no promotion and put it on a Friday night countering NBC's Olympic Opening Ceremonies. :roll: ... Nice.

Two hour finale - 8:00PM

#2 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:10 PM

I never watched the show but I'm going to watch this. I might rent the box sets and if good enough buy them.

#3 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

How the Fuck did this get put on a Friday? Fox doesn't deserve this show.

#4 Roufuss

Roufuss

is now a coupon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:39 PM

I never watched the show but I'm going to watch this. I might rent the box sets and if good enough buy them.

Arrested Development is one of those shows you have to watch in order to really get the jokes, just a forewarning.

I called my lady friend last night and said my buddy had to beat off on my chest, she is kinda pissed at me, but it was the best idea I had all night, and I stand by it.

Posted Image

#5 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:51 PM

I'm definitely going to be watching this. I'm going to be playing 'final countdown' non-stop in honor of Gob!

#6 thebob101

thebob101

Spaceknight

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 10:54 PM

Great show, bought both seasons after my wife told me I had to see this show. Fox sucks, reality crap over this? Hopefully it will be picked up by another network. Totally recommend renting the first two seasons.

Posted Image

I am currently playing the following games-
Xbox 360- Gears of War Judgment

I am currently watching the following shows -
Banshee & Spartacus
I am currently reading -
The Wheel of Time/A Memory of Light- Robert Jordan

#7 Doylerulez

Doylerulez

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:07 PM

I haven't seen any commercials for it, the only way I know it's on tonight is that I caught Will Arnett on the Daily Show last night.
I'm still hoping someone picks it up.
AC:WW Drew - Skypiea 2749-5069-0420
Jump Ultimate Stars: 2792 7016 9554
Posted Image

#8 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:13 PM

Got it Tivo'ed. Had to double-check to make sure it's still on my season pass because it's been so ridiculously long since they aired the last episodes. Let's hope Showtime actually takes a risk and picks up the show. Probably wont be able to boost Showtimes subscribers too much but I'm sure it's gotta gain more interest than they have now. Are the AD DVD sets selling well? Is there any websites that track DVD sales? It would be interesting to see how well these DVD's are selling compared to some other shows.

#9 guardian_owl

guardian_owl

Keeper of the CAG Shrine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:18 PM

Got it Tivo'ed. Had to double-check to make sure it's still on my season pass because it's been so ridiculously long since they aired the last episodes. Let's hope Showtime actually takes a risk and picks up the show. Probably wont be able to boost Showtimes subscribers too much but I'm sure it's gotta gain more interest than they have now. Are the AD DVD sets selling well? Is there any websites that track DVD sales? It would be interesting to see how well these DVD's are selling compared to some other shows.

Nope, there aren't any websites which give sales number, studios are purposely tight lipped because DVDs are ridiculously profitable and they don't want this fact to get out for a variety of reasons, tax purposes and the like.

Guardian_owl.png

#10 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 February 2006 - 11:23 PM

Nope, there aren't any websites which give sales number, studios are purposely tight lipped because DVDs are ridiculously profitable and they don't want this fact to get out for a variety of reasons, tax purposes and the like.

Ah, I thought with video game sales always being released and seeing dvd sales rankings in mags like Entertainment Weekly that there might be some actual statistical figures.

#11 evilmregg

evilmregg

drinks your milk shake.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:10 AM

Waaaah! Why didn't I read this thread BEFORE it actually started. Lame. Oh well... I know what I'll be downloading off of BitTorrent tomorrow.

#12 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:15 AM

George Bush doesn't care about black puppets!

Posted Image

#13 dcfox

dcfox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:27 AM

Anybody know why fox is calling this the season finale and not the series finale?

#14 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:29 AM

George Bush doesn't care about black puppets!

I noticed that too. I was laughing my ass off.

#15 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 11 February 2006 - 01:49 AM

Anybody know why fox is calling this the season finale and not the series finale?

In one commercial, I saw them use both phrases. I dont think they even know what they are doing.

#16 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:03 AM

Are these the last episodes tonight? I can't believe they cancelled this awesome show.

#17 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:18 AM

Last episodes that Fox will show. Any hope for more episodes lies on another station.

#18 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:46 AM

my throat hurts from how hard I have been laughing tonight

Posted Image

#19 Hardbody1449

Hardbody1449

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:57 AM

MAYBE a movie.............

#20 dcfox

dcfox

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:58 AM

:applause::applause::applause: Arrested Development.

If they do come back, I wonder what they'll do next since they tied up all the loose ends pretty well.

#21 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:59 AM

:applause::applause::applause: Arrested Development.

If they do come back, I wonder what they'll do next since they tied up all the loose ends pretty well.

well Oscar was on the boat so they left it open

Posted Image

#22 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:59 AM

Hopefully we are just being punked. AD and Scrubs are the only funny sitcoms left on television.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#23 redline

redline

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:02 AM

well Oscar was on the boat so they left it open

Hmmm, are you sure it was Oscar? ;)

#24 munch

munch

la tête de CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:05 AM

Hmmm, are you sure it was Oscar? ;)

I thought that was George? Oh well, I really enjoyed those four episodes. Can't wait for the DVD set to come out.

#25 joeposh

joeposh

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:11 AM

If this is indeed the last hurrah for AD, then television is losing one of it's best shows in its prime. Great series of episodes to go out on though, too bad FOX put zero effort behind promoting this.

#26 botticus

botticus

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:33 AM

If this is indeed the last hurrah for AD, then television is losing one of it's best shows in its prime. Great series of episodes to go out on though, too bad FOX put zero effort behind promoting this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the show launch on Sunday, which was probably their premiere primetime spot following the Simpsons?

I don't really think it needed to be cancelled (there are far worse shows on every station), but the fact is its a niche comedy that not everyone loves. My fiancee loves it, I only find about half of it amusing. And The Office is actually the best sitcom currently ;)

#27 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:35 AM

The series may have come to a abrupt end, but it had more quality episodes and laughs than most sitcoms do in decade long runs. I laughed out loud more to this series than any other.

I was relieved that the finale was just as great, if not better, than the normal episodes. I'm looking foward to a season 3 DVD packed full of extras, and hopefully a revival on another network.

#28 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 03:47 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the show launch on Sunday, which was probably their premiere primetime spot following the Simpsons?

I don't really think it needed to be cancelled (there are far worse shows on every station), but the fact is its a niche comedy that not everyone loves. My fiancee loves it, I only find about half of it amusing. And The Office is actually the best sitcom currently ;)

Yes, it launched on a Sunday, but then it was moved to Mondays, and then Fox only showed it once every couple of weeks, then every couple of months. But what I think the zero effort joeposh was talking about was promoting the finale. I saw no commercials, even fox.com had very little information.

It's too bad, instead of airing reruns that could help gain the interest of new and casual viewers, Fox airs pure shit like War at Home, Skating with Celebrities, Nanny 911, and Meet Your New Mom.

#29 botticus

botticus

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:02 AM

Yes, it launched on a Sunday, but then it was moved to Mondays, and then Fox only showed it once every couple of weeks, then every couple of months. But what I think the zero effort joeposh was talking about was promoting the finale. I saw no commercials, even fox.com had very little information.

It's too bad, instead of airing reruns that could help gain the interest of new and casual viewers, Fox airs pure shit like War at Home, Skating with Celebrities, Nanny 911, and Meet Your New Mom.

Agreed.

#30 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 11 February 2006 - 04:23 AM

I'm disappointed to see it go, but I won't jump on the bandwagon lamenting that Fox has alot of reality shows while cancelling AD. Bottom line, AD is an expensive show to produce with its very large cast while reality shows are dirt cheap. An expensive show with low ratings will get dumped always for a cheap show with good ratings. I really hope showtime picks it up.
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.