• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 08 March 2006 - 12:50 PM

Posted Image

While I was at Yodoboshi Camera (Shinjuku) today trying to complete my 500 yen ($4.25) Robocop Trilogy figure collection, I noticed the Final Fantasy XII Potions on display at the checkout counter. Priced at 200 yen ($1.70) for a measly 120ml (4oz), I wasn't exactly an interested buyer, but I figured at least I could let my fellow CAGs know if it's any good or not.

Review:
Despite the fact that this stuff won't cure you of anything, the Final Fantasy XII Potion must be the most mediciny tasting beverage on the planet. In comparison, Robitussin is a delicious exotic cocktail and Pepto Bismol tastes like a Root Beer Float. The FFXII Potion tastes so bad, you would think it would either get you incredibly drunk or cure Cancer. Being that it does neither makes me wonder why this drink exists.

I can not comprehend how the fine folks at the Suntory Group put such a foul tasting beverage on the market. It's almost as if they are daring Final Fantasy fans to drink it. My guess is that the meetings on the Final Fantasy XII Potion went something like this (translated from Japanese):

Executive A: "Man, those kids sure are crazy about that Final Fantasy."

Executive B: "Yeah, I bet it doesn't even matter what our drink tastes like. If it has a Final Fantasy label on it, it will sell faster than a 14 year old school girl's soiled panties."

Executive A: "Despite the fact that I've been huffing glue all day, I think I've just had a brilliant idea. Let's bottle up some donkey piss and mix it with toxic waste."

Executive B: "Sounds like a plan. Got any of that glue left?"

#2 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:10 PM

Yeah, well...how many HP did you gain?
Posted Image

#3 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

I'm sure he gained -10 hp. You didn't drink all of it did you Cheapy (no wonder it's 4 oz)?

Cheapy have you ever had those holiday Jones Sodas? The ones that are flavored after turkey & gravy, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, salmon, etc. If you have, do they compare to the blue bile that you just put in your mouth?

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#4 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 02:20 PM

I'm sure he gained -10 hp. You didn't drink all of it did you Cheapy (no wonder it's 4 oz)?

Cheapy have you ever had those holiday Jones Sodas? The ones that are flavored after turkey & gravy, cranberry sauce, brussel sprouts, corn on the cob, salmon, etc. If you have, do they compare to the blue bile that you just put in your mouth?

:rofl:

I heard those holiday Jones Sodas is one of the worst drinks of all time.Not even a bum will drink that crap
Posted Image

Posted Image

#5 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

are you sure you are to drink it??? maybe it was something to put your skin or soak your feet in...
WOOOO I STINK

#6 hipsterplease

hipsterplease

The Old Nerdy Bastard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:17 PM

Way to take one for the team, Cheapy! Now go eat some dirt to get the taste of that foul elixer outta your mouth. :)

#7 twanky

twanky

Zombie Aficionado

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:23 PM

I just want the bottle it looks cool. Unfortunately, the only place you can get it at the time is at play-asia for 13$ plus 6$ shipping. Only if Cheapy can hook me up.
Posted Image
MH3 ID: J57HR9/Tuanz0

#8 CheapyMom

CheapyMom

Non-Technical Advisor

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:26 PM

I was worried that you might have been poisoned Cheapy so I did some googling to see if I could find what the ingredients are. All I learned is that the potion contains 10 "secret herbs" and is being marketed as an energy drink. I also came across this TV commercial.

#9 SpottedNigel

SpottedNigel

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:28 PM

Would it mix well with anything? Or just bear piss?

#10 Heyricochet

Heyricochet

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:35 PM

While I was at Yodoboshi Camera (Shinjuku) today trying to complete my 500 yen ($4.25) Robocop Trilogy figure collection,

Wow, thats an expensive capsule toy, but badass enough to be worth it. Most expensive I saw was 2 bucks. Isn't there anywhere to just buy the complete set so you don't have to take the risk with the capsule machine?

#11 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 08 March 2006 - 03:43 PM

No, but they sound nasty.

Would it mix well with anything? Or just bear piss?

It tastes like its already been mixed with piss.

Wow, thats an expensive capsule toy, but badass enough to be worth it. Most expensive I saw was 2 bucks. Isn't there anywhere to just buy the complete set so you don't have to take the risk with the capsule machine?

The Robocop figures are not capsule toys. They come in a box and are known as "One Coin Figures", with that "one coin" being 500 yen. They are larger and more detailed than capsule toys. However, you still have to get lucky to get the complete set as the boxes are not marked. There is probably some place you can go to pay a premium and get the complete set, but I do not know where that would be.

I actually got the same 3 figures that I bought the first time I went Roboshopping. It's the Mappy syndrome all over again!

#12 youruglyclone

youruglyclone

Last Man in Userplane

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:02 PM

...I must have those figures. Leave it to the japanese to show love to something America so neglects.

any interest in selling your dupes?

edit: cheapyd you actually linked to a site that sells the set for about 55 usd in your original post.

#13 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 05:46 PM

How much would it cost me to have you ship me a box of thous? Most site that are selling them are really ripping off people by chargeing them $20+ per bottle.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Jack

Jack

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

I'm curious as to what's in it. Could you list the ingredients?

#15 2Fast

2Fast

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:28 PM

I've always preferred Phoenix Down anyway.

#16 Beana Blasta

Beana Blasta

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 07:30 PM

those robocop figures are pretty cool
Posted Image

#17 Dkellar

Dkellar

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:42 PM

Maybe this stuff is used to clean bathrooms?

#18 mikeohara

mikeohara

Metal Is Not Easy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 08:49 PM

the bottle looks cool ... that's all. I ain't drinking it based on Cheapy's review.

#19 Eviltude

Eviltude

Steam Machine

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 March 2006 - 09:32 PM

Maybe thats why hardly anyone uses em in FFXI and even then it's a last resort thing.
Posted Image

#20 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:04 AM

*CheapyD moves to Ja-Pan!*

*CheapyD has been Zombified!*

*CheapyD uses Potion x1!*

*CheapyD takes 9999 damage!*

Game Over

#21 RelentlessRolento

RelentlessRolento

Conversation Comedy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:20 AM

Yeah, well...how many HP did you gain?

#22 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 March 2006 - 04:25 AM

any interest in selling your dupes?

edit: cheapyd you actually linked to a site that sells the set for about 55 usd in your original post.

Sorry, the dupes are already spoken for.
I'm pretty sure that site is selling a whole case of them.

#23 2poor

2poor

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:56 AM

What kind of drink is it supposed to be? Flavored water, energy drink, etc..?

#24 thorbahn3

thorbahn3

Everyone talks too much!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 07:56 AM

Ten bucks says someone will have one of those bottles attached to their hip as some FF cos-play costume. Also since Japan loves Capsule toys so much wouldn't they have some kind of trading area or perhaps a website?
My Indie Game:
Spoiler

#25 spoo

spoo

Wood for your sheep

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:24 PM

How much do the Limited Edition ones cost? They look cool as hell thanks for the review. Now I know I can buy empty ones with out missing anything.

http://www.aaaseller...sBGcolor=b080f0
Posted ImagePosted Image
Cos by Ozzkev55 | Cock by OTM
The original CAGaming lagoon thread.

#26 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:54 PM

The Premium Box is about 600 yen ($5 or so).

#27 CapAmerica

CapAmerica

Dead or Alive Fanboy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 03:51 PM

If I paypaled you some money would you be able to send me a few of thouse Premium versions? =D
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 62t

62t

Zune Duck!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 05:23 PM

Those Capsule toys and figures are really neat. When I was in Hong Kong a small shopping center has a whole floor selling those kinds of things.

My trade list: http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=42397

Looking for Danganronpa Anime Expo edition.  Please PM me if you have it for sale.

3DS FC 0731-4770-3312

#29 Zoglog

Zoglog

Blogging = AIDS

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 06:00 PM

Limited edition Metallica Cock Ring

#30 Darkside Hazuki

Darkside Hazuki

Inextinguishable.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 March 2006 - 08:39 PM