Mexican Jungl= greatness

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 04:38 AM

Howdy, just want to say to my friends I'm back from 2 weeks in the mayan mexican jungle nd am loving it. Much perspective is put on things after a trip to the mayan jungle of the yucatan. Peace to all, and if anyone wants to come with me next year just drop a line, I'll be going every year for many years.
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#2 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

Who wants to build a church/hurricane shelter?
Sometimes the beauty of the world is so overwhelming, I just want to throw back my head and gargle. Just gargle and gargle, and I don't care who hears me, because I am beautiful.

#3 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:03 AM

be careful
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#4 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:06 AM

be careful

HUH?

#5 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:07 AM

I remember seeing a travel/nature show about this giant hole in the jungle down there somewhere. It was a quarter of a mile deep and moss all over. It looked like a great place for a secret base.
Posted Image

#6 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:09 AM

I remember seeing a travel/nature show about this giant hole in the jungle down there somewhere. It was a quarter of a mile deep and moss all over. It looked like a great place for a secret base.

Probably a "sonateah" There are no natural rivers in the Yucatan jungle but there are hole in the ground (sometimes 50 ft) that lead to fresh water pools.

#7 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:15 AM

Probably a "sonateah" There are no natural rivers in the Yucatan jungle but there are hole in the ground (sometimes 50 ft) that lead to fresh water pools.

It may not necessarily have been in that region, just in meso or south America. It was so lush and verdant for a big giant hole in the ground. I'm not crazy about having to ride in a bucket on a rope down that quarter mile, but a helicopter would probably work just as well.
Posted Image

#8 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 14 March 2006 - 05:48 AM

Welcome back

#9 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 06:31 AM

so what exactly did u do? and who did u do this through? Cause I want to travel and it sounds like a possibility
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#10 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 14 March 2006 - 12:23 PM

That would be awesome. I'd love to go to a place like that. I'm a major archeology buff and I'm fascinated by ruins and what not.

Posted Image

#11 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 05:40 AM

so what exactly did u do? and who did u do this through? Cause I want to travel and it sounds like a possibility

Built a concrete church/hurricane shelter for a mayan village. 7am-1pm--work on sight, 1pm-4pm--swing in hammock to stay cool in the heat of the day. 4pm-6pm day camp. 9pm bed.

#12 jmcc

jmcc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 11:55 AM

Missionary work? Boo!
Posted Image

#13 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 12:18 PM

How much does it cost to go there for a week? Also, is it dangerous there? Any chance of being attacked by people that live there, etc?

Posted Image

#14 Mr.Answer

Mr.Answer

want a spatula?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 March 2006 - 01:12 PM

How much does it cost to go there for a week? Also, is it dangerous there? Any chance of being attacked by people that live there, etc?

people make about 300 dollars a year. Subsistance farming. The dangerous places are more around the touristy areas, getting out away from that is very safe.