CheapyD on TV!

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:26 PM

This Thursday, Feb 5th, CheapyD is scheduled to appear on Cold Pizza, a TV show which airs live from 7AM to 9AM EST on ESPN2. There is a rebroadcast immediately afterwards from 9AM-11AM EST.

I'm not really sure what is going to happen specifically, other than I am supposed to be previewing Winning Eleven 7 for the PS2.

Be on the look out for a very tall guy with a shaved head that looks something like this:

Posted Image

So, in anticipation of being on the show, I picked up a used copy of Winning Eleven 6 yesterday, because I know the WE series is supposed to be challenging, and I didn't want to embarass myself on national TV.
I played for a few hours last night and I have yet to score a goal. This is not like EA's Fifa games where you can expect to be doing spin-o-ramas and scoring bicycle kick goals after playing for 10 minutes.

...looks like I have a lot more homework to do.

Anyone have any tips?

p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG.

#2 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

Witness Relocation Program :)

#3 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:29 PM

Make sure to plug the site gratuitously. :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#4 jt2k3

jt2k3

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

*sigh*... forgot to sign in. ^^^ Thats me.

Is there a tutorial program, or something cheapy?

#5 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:30 PM

Make sure to plug the site gratuitously. :D

Hmm...I'm gonna try to keep it real low key so I get invited back.
Perhaps they'll have me on to talk about cheap ass gamer at some point.

#6 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:31 PM

*sigh*... forgot to sign in. ^^^ Thats me.

Is there a tutorial program, or something cheapy?

Luckily there is, but the game is still very challenging.

#7 JimmieMac

JimmieMac

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:42 PM

Unplug the other guys controller during the game Then look right at the camera and hit 'em with a

"That was a Cheap Ass move from ME CheapyD, for more Cheap Ass deals check out my site, www Dot cheapassgamer Dot com."

#8 st0neface

st0neface

astro travellin

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:49 PM

After seeing your Tony Hawk character, the only words that came to mind were Dr. Evil.

#9 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:52 PM

Unplug the other guys controller during the game Then look right at the camera and hit 'em with a

"That was a Cheap Ass move from ME CheapyD, for more Cheap Ass deals check out my site, www Dot cheapassgamer Dot com."

Wow...now THAT's cheap! :D

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#10 punqsux

punqsux

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 02:56 PM

its really not that hard of a game, i agree you dont score 6-7 times a game but i can usually squeak 1 or 2 past the keeper, on normal difficulty, what were you playing on?

#11 simpsonps121

simpsonps121

Posted 03 February 2004 - 03:08 PM

Try to play a staggered 2 forwards at the top. And make the last pass to that guy when in the box. Don't just rip shots. It is useless. The ball will rebound if you pass for a close shot, and then your other forwards will knock it in.

The other thing - watch fatigue and hot streaks. It makes a big difference. If a guy is on a cold streak, he will miss point blank. :-)

The game is hard to score, but very rewarding between the boxes.

Take Care,
Matthew

#12 SS4Brolly

SS4Brolly

1K posts & all I got was this lousy rank

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 04:37 PM

Sounds good. Make sure to give some sort of reminder then, because Im sure Ill forget.
Got a problem that you need taken care of? Flame war going on thats out of control? Offensive posts?

PM me and I'll be glad to help

#13 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:13 PM

You definitely should be wearing a CAG T-shirt! Good luck!

#14 TheRock88

TheRock88

The Franchise

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:37 PM

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be alright. BTW, what difficulty setting did you put it at Cheapy?

#15 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 05:51 PM

Good luck, I'm sure everything will be alright. BTW, what difficulty setting did you put it at Cheapy?

Whatever the default settings are.
I only got to play for an hour or so...will give it more time tonight.

#16 bmac1632

bmac1632

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:05 PM

i will say that i am really good at the game so if you want tips i could help you...just email me at bmac1632@hotmail.com

the best way to get used to the game style is to start on easy...the comp will give you more time on the ball so you can get used the game...lol dont ever compare fifa to this game...fifa is pure arcade while WE is a complete strategic game...Fifa is like checkers while WE is like chess...anyway if you want help then email me...it is hard to explain this game on a forum because my tips are very lengthy and wordy...so if you want help just email otherwise good luck because WE is a very hard game even for soccer players...in the US we dont know the finer points of the game that well which you need to know to be successful

#17 jdpimp

jdpimp

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:11 PM

p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG.

Well, I'll ReplayTV it, which I can then transfer to my computer, and then maybe I can do something with it from there. I'll try and see what I can do, but I've only had the ReplayTV since christmas and have yet to try this transfer thing out. So don't count on me, but I'll see what I can do... Also, I have a dvd burner so if I can't figure how to edit the video, maybe I'll just burn ya the dvd and let you or someone else try the editing. But on the same token, I don't have my dvd burner installed yet and so don't count on me for that either. But dammit, I'll try..... :)

#18 bmac1632

bmac1632

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:11 PM

also when you preview it i think it would be a good idea to discuss the differences between FIFA and WE...i know many are uninformed about WE

#19 Prometheus

Prometheus

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:18 PM

You definitely should be wearing a CAG T-shirt! Good luck!

amen to that, and good luck too! Though lying low on the plugs may be a good idea, as you've said :)

#20 Scrubking

Scrubking

Feels the Force

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:46 PM

Cool.

Just make sure to act intelligent - don't let the tv people make you look like a stupid gamer geak or something. Make sure you are confident and whatever you do don't look into the cameras directly - either look at who you are talking with or to the side or something. Also don't be long winded in your answers/explanations cause they will have to cut you off to either ask you another question or commercial, and that never makes you look good. Try to answer their questions direcetly and don't go off on a tangent unless it is to promote your site.

Anyway. good luck Cheapy.

Gameplay is what makes a game worth playing - not story or graphics

MY SITE

#21 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:52 PM

Cool.

Just make sure to act intelligent - don't let the tv people make you look like a stupid gamer geak or something. Make sure you are confident and whatever you do don't look into the cameras directly - either look at who you are talking with or to the side or something. Also don't be long winded in your answers/explanations cause they will have to cut you off to either ask you another question or commercial, and that never makes you look good. Try to answer their questions direcetly and don't go off on a tangent unless it is to promote your site.

Anyway. good luck Cheapy.

maybe Cheapy will become the new preview guy. Once I saw some people on there talking about the new games and they really just let the people talk about what they want and then interject at the end.

#22 master_evil

master_evil

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 06:56 PM

If you played past fifa games, you may want to change the layout of the controls. In WE6 to shoot you have to press square and you do a cross over by using the circle button, when in fifa is reversed. Shoot in fifa is circle and cross over is square. Go to the tutorial menu, I didn't know how to play but when I got to the tutorial everything was good and now I'm really good at this game. And finally, practice, practice, practice. You may want to start at 1 star first so that you get the hang of it and know how to score from different possitions, then you can go up 2 starts or more, but first you gotta know how to score.
http://www.cheapassg...p=179287#179287 Games available for trade/sell.

#23 CheapyD

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass

• Administrators

Posted 03 February 2004 - 07:36 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, I'm gonna try to play as much as possible today and tomorrow...too bad I have a job, its starting to be a real inconvenience ;)

#24 The Cheapest Ass Gamer

The Cheapest Ass Gamer

Wii shall overcome

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:11 PM

Wow, congrats on the TV appearance, CheapyD. And I thought it was big when you got those mentions from EGM and XBN!
I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality. -Mitch Hedberg

#25 TJordan522

TJordan522

CAGHL 2K6 Champion

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:20 PM

That's really cool, congrats. By the way, how did you get invited to be on the show?

#26 bluenatas09

bluenatas09

Can't think of a Title

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 08:30 PM

Congrats man, that rocks. And Winning Eleven kicks ass..I work at EBgames and I paid mine off the other day. I can't wait. I've been playing Winning eleven 6 for a while now and it's pretty damn satisfying when you actualy score...

#27 Medium_Pimpin

Medium_Pimpin

Dead broke, but Hood Rich

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:08 PM

Im curious as why thier picking you to review WE.

On another note, i have this video of some MSN broadband reporter reviewing NFL street... he keeps using slang terms and comes off as the whitest guy on the planet... i reccomend a view for a chuckle.
Go back to bed america, your govt. has figured out how it all transpired. Go back to bed america, your govt. is in control again. Here is american gladiators, go back to bed america. Here is 56 channels of American Gladiators, watch these pituitary retards bang their ****ing skulls together and congratulate you on living in the land of freedom. YOU ARE FREE TO DO AS WE TELL YOU.

#28 bmac1632

bmac1632

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:09 PM

when does we 7 come out?

also with WE you can not be as direct as you were with FIFA...a good rule of thumb in WE is when you have the ball and going to attack the defense never use the sprint button (r1) use the modified sprint (r2)...it is faster than normal dribbling but slower than sprint dribbling...it allows you to move at a good speed but at the same time have the ability to keep the ball close just in case you need to manuver around a defender...also when you are playing defense always use r1 to get ahead of the attacker and into good defense position to make the tackle

#29 ryan838

ryan838

Carpe poon

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 09:49 PM

"p.s. Does anyone have the means to record this onto their computer? It would be nice if I could post the clip on CAG"

I have a tv tuner card so I can record it onto my computer. Good luck with the show.

#30 Rubberlegs

Rubberlegs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 February 2004 - 10:08 PM

Good luck. I watch this and Sportscenter while getting ready for work. Post how hot Kat is in person. I think she's cute.