Tetris DS $29 at Walmart

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 03:53 PM

I saw this at my Walmart (Rockwood, TN) a few days ago. Tetris DS for $29. It's the same price on their website. (It's $35 everywhere else.)

http://www.walmart.c...duct_id=4665831

It appeared to be a "normal price" at Walmart, not a sale. (I already bought mine from Overstock for $25 a week ago.)

cagSig.png515886.png

#2 EldritchOnRye

EldritchOnRye

Posted 27 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

Well it's acctually just EB/Gamestop that are charging $35 for it, still don't understand why anyone buys games there if their not saddled with store credit. BB, CC, Target, K-Mart, etc. are all asking $30. $1 for having to go in Wal-Mart's kind of iffy though, lol.

3ds120.gif Picross 3D hot!68.gif   :pc: Shadowrun Returns :-?   :wiiu: Mario Kart 8 :hot: Wind Waker HD

Finished Games - Recently Completed: :ps4: Wolfenstein 33w7311.png
EldritchOnRye.pngCinnabarSin.png

#3 3QGojo

3QGojo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 06:21 PM

Yea I thought $29.99 was the standard, in fact my locacl Bull Moose Music store is charging even less (at $28.xx), and if you have the GGC and a BB that would make it $24.99, so this isn't really that great. In fact nothing at Wal-Mart is ever really that great (video-game wise). Thanks for posting though, keep trying!

#4 Magehart

Magehart

It's on like Donkey Kong!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 07:31 PM

People are really charging 34.99 for it? I've only seen 29.99 so far (which is still way too high). Oh well.

Only 2 reasons to go inside wal-mart

1. If a product is 50% off MSRP within first month of release (system, game, etc...)
2. I'm being flanked by 20 people with pitchforks and torches.

#5 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:25 PM

2. I'm being flanked by 20 people with pitchforks and torches.

I wouldn't do that. In that situation, I'm pretty sure the manager would be Lord Sadler.

#6 Masterkyo

Masterkyo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 10:31 PM

$30 is alot for tetris puzzle game but its all good i'll get it whenever it drop down $20 :)
"Evil is Funs"

#7 Ender

Ender

Bears, Beets.......

• CAGiversary!

Posted 27 March 2006 - 11:28 PM

$30 is alot for tetris puzzle game but its all good i'll get it whenever it drop down $20 :)

Yea, I agree. I can't see paying $30 for the 8 millionth reiteration of this game. When it's cheaper, or someone wants to trade it to me, then I'll be game.
Posted Image

Armed because I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

#8 waruwaru

waruwaru

Posted 28 March 2006 - 01:19 AM

Just go to BestBuy and use the $5 Gamer's coupon. Comes out to be $24.99.

If you think this is plain old Tetris, you should try play it aginst 9 other poeple. The multiplayer mode is video-gaming-crack. Push mode is also fun for a 1-on-1 battle.

#9 lurknomore

lurknomore

Selling my stuff....

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 02:27 AM

I'm dying for this. Tetris, yes for the 9th iteration, but done right by the folks at Nintendo. This is not the typical Tetris Worlds.

#10 ZeroEclipse

ZeroEclipse

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:14 AM

fill me in on this BB "Gamer's coupon" please?

#11 mkelehan

mkelehan

Xbox Live Arcade Fiend

• CAGiversary!

Posted 28 March 2006 - 03:16 AM

Push is a fantastic new mode. Playing it online makes it worth the $25 post-GGC I paid, even without the other modes.

#12 waruwaru

waruwaru

Posted 29 March 2006 - 06:59 PM

fill me in on this BB "Gamer's coupon" please?

Go to Best Buy, look on their Gift Card rack (or try near the video game sections) for "Gamer's Gift Cards" in CD cases. Basically, it's a gift card marketed towards gamers, usually have a pic of joystick/"GAMES" writing on it. On the back of the CD case is a $5 off $19.99+ games. I usually put $10 on the gift card and use the gift card when I buy the game with the coupon. I have heard some people just put 1 cent on the gift card to get the $5 coupon...

#13 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 29 March 2006 - 09:15 PM

Go to Best Buy, look on their Gift Card rack (or try near the video game sections) for "Gamer's Gift Cards" in CD cases. Basically, it's a gift card marketed towards gamers, usually have a pic of joystick/"GAMES" writing on it. On the back of the CD case is a $5 off $19.99+ games. I usually put $10 on the gift card and use the gift card when I buy the game with the coupon. I have heard some people just put 1 cent on the gift card to get the $5 coupon...

Many areas no longer carry the card, so don't be supprised if you ask and get a puzzled look.

cagSig.png515886.png

#14 BIG5

BIG5

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 10:10 AM

Many areas no longer carry the card, so don't be supprised if you ask and get a puzzled look.

But there's also the card with the $5 off $29.99 and up coupon, which happens to be the price of Tetris DS, and my store still carries that one.
Posted Image

#15 nikkai

nikkai

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 02:15 PM

For those w/o the card but have a costco card, 27.99 there. Save two bucks =)