Kentucky CAG roll call!

• Please log in to reply
216 replies to this topic

#1 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 30 March 2006 - 10:35 PM

(Note to moderators: If this has been done before and has been subsequently destroyed, then do what you want with this thread.)

Bluegrass State Cheap Ass Gamers, stand up and be counted!

I, Sailorneorune, wish to get to know my CAG comrades in my home state a little better. This is the Kentucky CAG roll call thread, in which you give your username and location, as well as tell a little about yourself.

I'm SAILORNEORUNE, a one-year veteran of CAG, and a card-carrying female gamer (gasp!). I'm a second-year college student majoring in IT, and try each day to fit in time for studying and gaming.

My location is in western Kentucky, approximately 2 1/2 hours from Paducah and 40 minutes from Evansville.

That said, welcome all KY CAGs to my humble thread.

laytonicksig.png
image,Sailor-spc-Neorune,black,red.png

PLAYING Pokémon X, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy
WATCHING DNAngel, Saiyuki, Fullmetal Alchemist
READING Illusion

#2 Consummate Canuck

Consummate Canuck

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:50 AM

Consummate Canuck checking in.

A transplanted Canadian living in Lexington. Working and going to grad school part time.

#3 y2jedi

y2jedi

Klaatu varata nicto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 12:28 PM

Good Morning Fellow KYans,
y2jedi reporting for duty.
Recent 360 purchaser & father of two who plays games between little league and various other fatherly duties.
Stumbled upon this site back in January by googling the term "Cheap games", and have been wasting time at work on these boards ever since.

FYI,
I work near 4 good gaming outlets.
Target,Meijer, EB, & Gamestop. The last two are right across the street from each other and I'm curious how that will play out. I do know that employees at both places seem a little nervous about the prospects.

I can literally throw a rock to these places from my office. So, if I can help out in any way, just let me know.

#4 mrosecomdata

mrosecomdata

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:28 PM

Just checkin' from Louisville. I am also a father of two and big-time GBA fanboy. I like the GBA because the games are cheaper and they don't require as high of a time commitment as the consoles do. I also live near an EB and a Gamestop that are right around the corner from each other.

In case anyone cares, I am playing Mario Tennis: Power Tour right now and enjoying it thoroughly. If I see any good deals, I will let you all know!

#5 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:39 PM

I live in Newport at the moment, and I'm headed off to Glasgow for the weekend in a few hours. I hope that I can shake this hangover by the time I start driving.

BTW, I'll be in Lexington on 4/4 (this coming Tuesday) to see Hank Williams III play at a club called The Dame. Anyone in that area with taste in music ought to check out that show.
Posted Image

#6 y2jedi

y2jedi

Klaatu varata nicto

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 01:51 PM

BTW, I'll be in Lexington on 4/4 (this coming Tuesday) to see Hank Williams III play at a club called The Dame. Anyone in that area with taste in music ought to check out that show.

The Dame is awesome. Do you know if Joe Buck, formerly of Th' Legendary Shack Shakers is still playing for Hank III ?

#7 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

Yes.
Posted Image

#8 Wlogan31

Wlogan31

Economic Extraordinaire

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

Howdy KYans. I originally hail from Shelbyville (half-way between Louisville and Lexington), but have since bought a house in Louisville where I am permanently planted for now. I attend Bellarmine University (senior year) where I play tennis for the Men's Varsity team. I'll be graduating in December and then I'll be working for Ernst & Young (CPA firm), so I won't have much time to play around on the boards.

Nice to meet all of you and hopefully we'll be able to help each other out on finding some deals!

-Will

Buy/Sell/Trade - Come on Down!: http://www.cheapassg...014#post1554014

PS3 Trophies

Currently Playing:
:ps3: Resident Evil 5   :ps3: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception

#9 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:42 PM

If you build it, they will come... :)

Seriously, nice to meet all of you, and while I'm not disappointed with the turnout, I wonder if there are more CAGs in the western part of the state.

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion

#10 LV-426RS

LV-426RS

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:59 PM

From Louisville here. Born and raised. I don't live in rocks throw from any gaming store but I'm no more than 7-12 minutes from a multitude of places.

#11 jughead

jughead

Beersport Champion!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 31 March 2006 - 05:33 PM

Bam, sign me up! Maybe moving to South Carolina after graduation.

#12 Krymner

Krymner

Posted 01 April 2006 - 12:19 AM

Even though I live in Atlanta, I grew up in Bowling Green and lived there until I was 22. I still visit my parents there often, and I'll check in here every now and again. :wave:

#13 almasy82

almasy82

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 03:12 AM

Not from kentucky but..been here for a few years in berea, ky

#14 DantheApe

DantheApe

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 06:01 AM

Louisville CAG been one forever it seems.

I'm working out at the Zoo in the mantinence office which has me wanting some handheld games but all I seem to play are consoles [xbox fan, saving up for a 360]
"People can be more forgiving than you can imagine. But you have to forgive yourself. Let go of what's bitter and move on."

~Bill Cosby

#15 jdangerc

jdangerc

MEMBER SINCE 2003!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 01 April 2006 - 10:16 AM

I'm living it up in the NKY. Pendleton Kentucky! It's about 45 minutes from Cincinnati OH. I've been on here for about 2 years. I have probably almost destroyed the 3 Gamerushes that are in my area.

#16 Ronin4223

Ronin4223

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 April 2006 - 06:27 PM

Newport, KY here. Moved here from Lexington when I was 8. Found CAG from an EGM article a few years ago. I have a 360 (Gamertag:Rotundra) if anyone wants to add me to their list. I work at Fidelity Investments and am woking on going back to school. I got my girlfriend (Gamertag:big honda girl) into gaming a few years ago, and now it's a tug-of-war for the controller.

#17 rodninni

rodninni

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 27 June 2006 - 01:39 AM

Richmond, Kentucky here. Although I travel to Lexington for all of my CAG needs.

#18 fatherofcaitlyn

fatherofcaitlyn

Der Uber Hoarder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 12:59 PM

Been in Kentucky long enough to realize I can't escape. Thanks, marriage and kids.
Synergize, bitches!
Posted Image

#19 n3xus1

n3xus1

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:55 PM

Hey Guys, I'm from Jackson, KY. South east of Lexington about 2 hours drive. Nice to meet all of you.

#20 bigjay

bigjay

Posted 21 September 2006 - 01:42 AM

I'm from Louisville.
Now Playing:

Portal (PC)
Torchlight (PC)
Fable 3 (Xbox 360)
Mirror's Edge (Xbox 360)
NBA Jam (Xbox 360)

#21 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 21 September 2006 - 05:26 AM

My thread lives!

*sniff* I'm so proud... ^___^

Nice to meet all of you.

Lately, I've been turning more towards older games and portable games, simply because they're easier to pick up and drop within a moment's notice. I'm online with my DS now too thanks to a cheap ass grab at Book Broker, so if any of you go online with your DS, feel free to challenge me (only applicable on Mondays and Tuesdays, probably until the end of time).

/tech support

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion

#22 yetidaddy

yetidaddy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 23 September 2006 - 07:49 PM

hiya, yay thread lives!

I'm from Louisville, KY near UofL. Was planning on attending computer, but never got around to it. Currently enrolled in JCC downtown, just going for general. I don't find time anymore, only about 3 hours a day or so.

#23 Saikou

Saikou

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 September 2006 - 08:11 PM

I reside from Louisville ladies and gentleman.

#24 yetidaddy

yetidaddy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:00 AM

oy, it always seem like the deals are everywhere else but Kentucky.. doesn't it ? Or maybe I'm the last to know about it.

#25 monkeywithanuzi

monkeywithanuzi

Posted 04 October 2006 - 10:21 AM

oy, it always seem like the deals are everywhere else but Kentucky.. doesn't it ? Or maybe I'm the last to know about it.

HA! So it isn't just me? They're out there...

Reporting in Loo-ee-vaille. Deals can be had, just gotta keep a sharp eye and learn to use up those lunch breaks (deals don't make it past business hours :D).

#26 jdangerc

jdangerc

MEMBER SINCE 2003!!!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 11:31 AM

FALMOUTH KY HERE!!!!

45 minutes away from Cincinnati, and 45 min away from Lexington.

#27 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 October 2006 - 04:59 PM

I usually have to sneak across the bridge to get in on the CAG deals (this is why I hang around in both the KY and IN CAG threads)... I've found my fair share of cool stuff in Henderson, Evansville, and Owensboro, and I REALLY need to get back over to Paducah and raid the classic gaming goldmine I stumbled onto last fall.

If any of you have any locally owned stores that have games near you, give them a look. They may not know what they have... ^_^

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion

#28 yetidaddy

yetidaddy

CAG Veteran

• CAG Veteran

Posted 04 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

HA! So it isn't just me? They're out there...

Reporting in Loo-ee-vaille. Deals can be had, just gotta keep a sharp eye and learn to use up those lunch breaks (deals don't make it past business hours :D).

hehe. Very true. I once went into CC hoping to find one copy of .hack but stumple on a lot of pokemon card reader thing. I occassionally find deals on ebay and half.com. Usually is cheaper than my ebgames and gs.

Now I'm more open and looking at target and compusa.

I never checked the ebgames or Gs was it, in Jeffersonville IN ? Did ya see anything in there ?

#29 monkeywithanuzi

monkeywithanuzi

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

hehe. Very true. I once went into CC hoping to find one copy of .hack but stumple on a lot of pokemon card reader thing. I occassionally find deals on ebay and half.com. Usually is cheaper than my ebgames and gs.

Now I'm more open and looking at target and compusa.

I never checked the ebgames or Gs was it, in Jeffersonville IN ? Did ya see anything in there ?

Naw, they're no better. Too many eBayers in this town. I had better luck during the last CC clearance when I happened to be in Evansville. You gotta get up REAL early and check the deals to get in on 'm quick here.

#30 Sailorneorune

Sailorneorune

E'ville Queen of Trading

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:04 PM

monkey - I'm glad you were able to get some deals out of that... I had snagged Drill Dozer, Guilty Gear DS, and Metroid Prime 2 from the last clearance, but other than that... nada.

Most of the cheap stuff ends up on ebay or at the Book & Music Exchange. I checked out both tent sales there, which were slightly more organized than a riot. Yikes. o_O

If you're ever in Henderson or Evansville again, you just might see me, raiding the Book Broker.

Stay cool.
sailorneorune

laytonicksig.png

READING Illusion