Xbox Live 12 Month Starter Kit - $17.48 at Target YMMV

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 soonerdoc

soonerdoc

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:42 AM

I know this is listed in the Target clearance thread, but thought this was too good a deal not to have its own thread, especially considering all the hubub about the bestbuy misprice on the kits for $19.99 last month. If mods feel different, feel free to lock. These are on clearance now (at least at 2 different stores in okla city) for $17.48. YMMV. This is the package with PGR2 and Live Arcade discs included along with communicator headset and 12 months of xbox live. Says right on the front of the box "Xbox 360 Compatible".

#2 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:08 AM

I know my local Target has the XBL Kit with Crimson Skies for ~48.88, wonder if they dropped that also?
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#3 GizmoGC

GizmoGC

I love Cheese

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:15 AM

Picked up two of them today. Its a great deal!

#4 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:19 AM

I'll have to look into this.
Posted Image

#5 GundNataku

GundNataku

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:26 AM

Found 2 of these yesterday. Also found 2 of the 12 month Xbox 360 starter kits for $27 each and 2 of the Xbox 360 3 month kits for $15 each on clearance at a local Kmart that is turning into a Sears.

#6 CappyCobra

CappyCobra

^^vv<><>BA START

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 03:51 AM

Anyone have a pic of the box for reference?

P.S. Thanks OP! Good Looking out!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 DisturbedZen

DisturbedZen

I'm illegal

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:04 AM

Any one get a Crimson Skies one for around this price?
One of the original CAGs.

Goozex referral, http://www.goozex.co...?idr=4449014487

Los Angeles Lakers

Fisher - Bryant - Odom - Gasol - Bynum

"Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you may proceed"

http://www.cheapassg...ead.php?t=76788

#8 Prepster

Prepster

The Bulls are Back!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:09 AM

Dam, going to check this out tomorrow. Thanks OP.

Chi-Town Forever baby!

Posted Image

#9 dreamvsps2

dreamvsps2

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 04:21 AM

going tommrow, thx

#10 jam86

jam86

CAG Veteran

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:55 AM

thanks for the heads up checking tomorrow afternoon.

#11 menikmati

menikmati

Isolation, self-damnation

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:51 AM

Hollllly shit. Ma12kez, which Target(s) are you going to hit up? I'm going to go by the Mira Mesa Target tomorrow after I get out of class.

Good thing Target has those scanning machines so you don't have to bug anyone for a price check or hoping for a lowered price when you get to the checkout stand.

#12 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 08:30 AM

Someone that gets an extra.. PLEASE PM me, my account is expiring in a few days and I need to renew it!

#13 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

My Target had one of these but for MUCH more, $35 to be exact. I figured that was still $15 off so I went ahead and bought it. Too bad the live registration code was invalid. :bomb: Fortunately, Target refunded my money.

Posted Image

#14 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:14 PM

My Target had one of these but for MUCH more, $35 to be exact. I figured that was still $15 off so I went ahead and bought it. Too bad the live registration code was invalid. :bomb: Fortunately, Target refunded my money.

That's a little scary, since I have one on the way from another CAG. :shock: Hopefully, a quick call to XBL support will take care of that issue.

And if the kit really has an expired code, why is it out on the shelf? :-s

#15 doubledown

doubledown

Funky Daddy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:27 PM

Yes, I believe you can just call XBL support to get them to activate the code....annoying yes, but I thought this was proven. I don't think the codes ever really expire.

#16 dmes65

dmes65

God Of Thunder

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:50 PM

Anyone selling there's? Willing to buy another one.

#17 gorgo

gorgo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 12:51 PM

I found one last weekend at the Flower Mound, TX target... unfortunately someone had opened it and taken the Live account card out of it. I noticed this before I bought it, as the "seal" was broken.

I thought about buying it and calling MS to see if they'd hook me up, but it seemed too unlikely to work.

#18 ma

ma

Rattled By The Rush

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:28 PM

These sold out in Madison, WI when they dropped to $35. I greedily waited for another drop, and got burned.

#19 phrmcst

phrmcst

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:32 PM

Sold out in both stores in Pensacola, FL also. One store had 4-5 when they were marked down to $35 and I also thought I could wait it out until another markdown, but checked this weekend and they were all gone.
The Pensacola store had the ones that had Crimson Skies as the free game.
I don't want the world, I just want your half.

#20 turls

turls

Clouds: no, Sunshine: yes

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 01:46 PM

Any one get a Crimson Skies one for around this price?

$34.98, like the other poster said. And on the box it says you can't activate it after March 07. This is important because the Xbox support rep I talked to when I had a problem switching from Credit Card to pre-paid said that you can't stack these. My Target had two more at $34.98, which isn't as good as the others in this thread, but much better than $50. I'd extend at that price at least another year if I knew for sure if they would stack and/or didn't expire.

#21 Survivor Charlie

Survivor Charlie

Paragon of Virtue

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

I didn't want to risk it and I bought mine for $35. But it came with PGR 2 and a microphone which broke as soon as it was exposed to air.

#22 Sporadic

Sporadic

done with this site

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:23 PM

Nothing at the Target in Melbourne, FL. They had an old 3 month kit but I didn't get it price checked.

Ended up just biting the bullet and buy the $70 starter kit at Blockbuster.

#23 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:31 PM

I didn't want to risk it and I bought mine for $35. But it came with PGR 2 and a microphone which broke as soon as it was exposed to air.

that made me lol
Posted Image

#24 Woltaire

Woltaire

2NE1 & SNSD

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:09 PM

Hollllly shit. Ma12kez, which Target(s) are you going to hit up? I'm going to go by the Mira Mesa Target tomorrow after I get out of class.

Good thing Target has those scanning machines so you don't have to bug anyone for a price check or hoping for a lowered price when you get to the checkout stand.

Tried the one in Mission Valley and Eastlake but no dice for either. I'm going to check the ones near my pad (CV) after I hit the gym though. I'll let you know.
Posted Image

#25 Bareknuckle

Bareknuckle

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 09:45 PM

I checked my target but they rang up $49.99 so I didn't buy it.The trip wasn't wasted since my target was having some sort of a clearance and was able to get a iaudiokit for my ipod for $19.99 originally priced $39.99.

#26 xfacta82

xfacta82

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:39 PM

If I already have an xbox account, and I buy another year...do I just input the code on the account, and it will add a year onto it. Or do i have to wait till the year is over then do it?

#27 daphatty

daphatty

VTEC Bitches!

• Super Moderators

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Yes, I believe you can just call XBL support to get them to activate the code....annoying yes, but I thought this was proven. I don't think the codes ever really expire.

Sorry guys, but my experience doesn't support that. The lady told me that the code was not valid (not expired) and that I would have to return it to the retail store.

Posted Image

#28 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 26 April 2006 - 10:47 PM

Thanks OP, I'm going to have someone go check for me seeing as Im stuck at college right now ;)

seanr1221.png

#29 shrike4242

shrike4242

Not My Job Anymore, Go Bother Someone Else.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:35 PM

Sorry guys, but my experience doesn't support that. The lady told me that the code was not valid (not expired) and that I would have to return it to the retail store.

If it's not expired, how could it not be valid? :-s

That's an odd thing for this rep to be saying on the phone, though I'll find out when I get mine, which should hopefully be tonight or tomorrow. Since my Xbox isn't hooked up to my home LAN at the moment, I'll have to call them to get it added to my XBL account. We'll see what happens.

#30 wildnuts02

wildnuts02

2 Real 4 U

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 April 2006 - 11:39 PM

not found in the white plains target. they have the old xbox live 12 month renewal cards but those are stil l$50. doh.
Posted Image