124 replies to this topic

#1 joshingit

joshingit

Banking on Bullets

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:12 AM

Congratulations 6669!

Prize:

Your choice of a brand new (in-print) game from anyone of the systems listed below:
  • :gba:
  • :ds:
  • :gc:
  • :pc:
  • :xbox:
  • :360:
  • or Marketplace Points
Who can Enter?:
  • Moderators, even Wombat and CheapyD are eligible.
  • Participants must have a six month mininum tenture on CAG as of 06 July 2006.
  • Participants must be an ACTIVE poster in at least one of the forums - whether it be in Trading, or the OTT etc.
  • Participants must be in good standing with the CAG community and remain [in] for the duration of the contest. Meaning, if you're banned for x reason (including temporary bans) you'll be disqualified.
The Rules:
  • Make sure you meet the eligibilty criteria by reading; 'Who can Enter?'.
  • One Entry per person, however modification to the original post are allowed.
  • Originality is really what makes this a contest, so no plagiarizing.
Who can be Entered?:
  • Any CAG. [preferably an active member, but not mandatory]
When does it End?:
  • 17 August 2006 - Midnight EST
The Contest:

It's really quite simple; just name the CAG; you think (for better or for worse) makes CAG, CAG and why.

I'm looking mainly for originality. It can be painfully honest, warped, creative, all ass kiss, sappy, witty, self-deprecating, or down right stupid. However, defamatory statements - flaming regarding another CAGs entry will result in DISQUALIFICATION.

Thanks for checking out my contest and good-luck! :D
You don't have to understand here to be here.
'10 Spending Tab / '11 Spending Tab / '12 Spending Tab
Threadless

#2 cdeener

cdeener

Love Those Price Drops!!!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:17 AM

Demolition Man makes CAG a better site because of his useful info that he posts about Circuit City video game deals. Also, he provides a great deal of info about TNA in the wrestling threads.
Never settle for full price unless you have no other choice. ;)

#3 Vinny

Vinny

Bang, bang... pew...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:18 AM

Me... because I don't like paying anymore than I have to so I'm entering your contest.

Currently playing: 

:wiiu: Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD - :D

:vita: Valhalla Knights 3 - :-|

:ps3: Zone of the Enders HD - :-|

fyreboltx.png
║My Tradelists: Games, Guides & Game Related Goodies║Wantlist║

#4 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:26 AM

CheapyD because without him the site wouldn't exist ya!

#5 GrimNecroWizard

GrimNecroWizard

Colts FTW!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:27 AM

Reality's Fringe because of the numerous "Should've kicked over a magazine rack" then the obvious following post of "Or thrown some glitter"
Posted Image

#6 Pancake Rabbit

Pancake Rabbit

Have A Cigar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:31 AM

I'll say sublymnlcrymnl because I just checked and he has more posts than any other CAGer (22,222 as of this post). That's gotta be something.

Posted Image

#7 smellhasreturned

smellhasreturned

Peyton Manning

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:32 AM

wombat cuz hes sexy <_<
Posted Image

#8 Moxio

Moxio

Supervillain

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

I honestly think that OneTrackMind is one of my best friends on the board and a great contributor to the forums in general. He's funny, smart, and he's a great guy if you ever talk to him.

The only thing that surpasses his humor is his skills with graphics and Photoshop. Nowadays you can't seem to enter a thread where someone doesn't have a sig made by him or any sort of graphic in one form or the other. His free sig shop service (which, unfortunately, seems to have died with no signs of resurrection) spewed out dozens of quality sigs that everyone enjoyed to use. His popularity never got the best of him, and he gave any credit where it was due.

I wish he was more active on the forums and on AIM, but sadly his job seems to take up a lot of his time.

Godspeed to him.

#9 Wolve11

Wolve11

yea whatever

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

speedy1961 because he's always on the hammer with providing us great early heads up on upcoming deals at some major providers and has saved many a CAG some $$$.

#10 Jedi1979

Jedi1979

Mobster Kitties!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

i guess i will say Soodmeg since he was the first to mention the idea of GLITTER-The Ultimate Payback. and since then its become a part of the Magazine Rack legend
Posted Image

#11 mr ryles

mr ryles

Plays bowling

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:41 AM

The Successful dropout

Was a great poster while he was here, as well as a great trader. Now he is rarely seen on CAG, but is auctioning away all of his stuff. So all the great deals he got back from CAG he is now giving back to the "new" CAG community.

2nd pick- joshingit. People like you giving away a game, is great for the community.

I wanna thank all the televisions out there that raised me.

#12 2Fast

2Fast

Posted 06 July 2006 - 04:48 AM

GuilewasNK.

This gentleman treats everyone with fairness, respect, and is willing to be friends with anyone here. He has a wide array of interests, is funny, creates entertaining threads, is very helpful to the CAG community, makes nice sigs, and without ever meeting him, I can truly say that he is one hell of a guy. GuilewasNK is what every CAG should hope to be and is a great example of an all-around good human-being.

#13 pimpinc333

pimpinc333

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:15 AM

Joevan.

One of the absolute best Sellers/Buyers/Traders on CAG today. Without Joe and his 122 iTrader Feedback ( and counting ) a lot of use wouldn't have got so many great deals from him.

Recently he sold me Hitman: Blood Money 360 and Table Tennis 360 ( New ) for 70.00 Shipped. I would have bought these games either way and would have spent 100.00 plus tax on the 2 but with his great deals I saved myself $36.50. He opens himself up as being a True member of CAG. Not only looking for cheap deals himself but hooking us up with great deals from his Tradelist.

Also, Joevan is a stand up guy. He's is always nice and polite. Mostly a laugh riot, his funny posts amuse us while being serious when needed.

Joevan = CAG at heart

#14 jimbodan

jimbodan

Hates you

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:26 AM

epobirs

Almost every post he makes is very informative and helpful. He is also one of the few people here who really knows and understands a lot about the technical side of video games and the industry in general. Usually after reading one of his posts I get the feeling that I actually learned something new, can't say that about most posters.

Think you're good at Fantasy Sports? Check out Fanduel where you can play daily to win money on Fantasy Sports!

https://www.fanduel....jimbodan&cnl=da

fs_pc.png

#15 CAG 79

CAG 79

9 Year CAG Member

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:38 AM

speedy1961 simply because he posts the ads very early and I can always plan my purchases ahead without having to waste time going store to store to see who has the best deals. He also seems like a very good and helpful guy in general.

#16 crystalklear64

crystalklear64

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:45 AM

Oh lets see..
I'm gonna go with WSB and his evil clones. We are greeted by his smiling rendition of our lord and master everytime we logon to CAG. Keeps the OTT interesting, and has a wicked sense of humor.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#17 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 05:51 AM

Although he's a total dick, I don't think CAG would be the same without JimmieMac.

His bitingly sarcastic insults and remarks certainly get a reaction out of almost anyone, and he's a personality that really stands out. He's a mainstay of the forums that's been around for a while and therefore has some seniority. Furthermore, he makes for an excellent villain for us all to love to hate, with his painfully true (and clever) remarks, he certainly adds some well-needed liveliness to this place.

#18 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:00 AM

javeryh

Posted Image

#19 dastly75

dastly75

Resident Squirrel

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:06 AM

joshingit because he creates awesome contests such as this :)

Cheap Ass Giraffes Grifball Team Captain

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 integralsmatic

integralsmatic

Everyday should be Harvey Day

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:17 AM

I honestly think that OneTrackMind is one of my best friends on the board and a great contributor to the forums in general. He's funny, smart, and he's a great guy if you ever talk to him.

The only thing that surpasses his humor is his skills with graphics and Photoshop. Nowadays you can't seem to enter a thread where someone doesn't have a sig made by him or any sort of graphic in one form or the other. His free sig shop service (which, unfortunately, seems to have died with no signs of resurrection) spewed out dozens of quality sigs that everyone enjoyed to use. His popularity never got the best of him, and he gave any credit where it was due.

I wish he was more active on the forums and on AIM, but sadly his job seems to take up a lot of his time.

Godspeed to him.

i second OTM...He did three great sigs for me...the only one i think who can compare to his skills is Banshee350 who did one for me recently. its a shame to not seem hjm on the boards more often.
Posted Image
Signature by Banshee350
Avatar(or Bust shot) done by Jeffery "CHAMBA" Cruz
R.I.P Nujabes aka Jun Seba (1974-2010) Another great musical mind ripped from our hands.
R.I.P Pat Carlucci- Rest easy my friend. You're with all of us in our hearts.

#21 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

benboxer. He posts TRU price drops. TRU drops are good indicators of Universal drops, so I can trade in games before they drop everywhere else.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#22 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:47 AM

javeryh

I like his posts its that simple. Its always entertaining.

#23 .JPG

.JPG

^ Save them

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

Shrike all the way!

Because CAG trading is a big reason why I love CAG and why CAG is better than a lot of other forums. Keeping your trades safe and making sure both parties get their items, someone has to do the dirty job of dealing with any problems, and Shrike has taken that on. He keeps all trades in order, deals with problems, and does his best to control situations that aware, and hes done an awesome job! Without him, trading at CAG just wouldn't be safe and would be risky, and because he continues to do the job, I continue to trade. Keep it up Shrike :D

#24 RedvsBlue

RedvsBlue

Rocket Science Level

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 06:54 AM

I think I'd also have to say Speedy1961. Its great having the ads sometimes over a week in advance cause it lets you plan your purchases far in advance.

#25 Pootie Thang

Pootie Thang

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:00 AM

Me because I have an awesome name.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#26 doraemonkerpal

doraemonkerpal

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 07:28 AM

i pick reality's fringe b/c his posts and sigs always make me laugh. whenever i'm in the office, i'm always logged onto CAG b/c it keeps me entertained. buying games for cheap is just a bonus for me LOL! :)

Well, to be honest, it's hard for people to be outraged about something once they know the facts. And it takes more effort to dig up facts than be outraged. ;)

Posted Image "Meatloaf, smeatloaf, double-beatloaf. I hate meatloaf."
:whee: http://www.mixmakers.net/forums/

#27 DJ K8E

DJ K8E

Posted 06 July 2006 - 10:24 AM

Pookymeister, because he was the first really nice CAG I conversed with. =)

"Well they'll probably say this sucks you know, and I don't really care..."

#28 magilacudy

magilacudy

Cheap as shell

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 11:50 AM

Tough question. If we're talking about the CAG community, I'd have to say SneakyPenguin. He was one of the CAGs to start up the irreverent OTTs when I joined up. Also he was the first to come to mind. =/
Posted Image

#29 Kayden

Kayden

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:29 PM

Cheapy may have had the vision, but Defender was for a long time the Atlas upon whos shoulders CAG rested. Atleast, I think. :-k Eitherway, he's done a lot for us behind the scenes and never really gets thanks.

Actually, I don't think you can make the claim that any one person makes CAG. We're a community and everyone of us helps make CAG what it is. Whether you're a midwest Asian pimp, an east coast pants-shitter, a moody former moderator living in WA or even a crustacean looking for massive damage- we all are just one brick in the home of cheap videogame deals ...and love. Hot sweat man on man nerd love.

Posted Image Posted Image

Kayden you would be awesome in Congress.

#30 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:42 PM

CheapyD because without him the site wouldn't exist ya!

i think he needs more then a free game now that sorth korea is shooting missles at him : )
WOOOO I STINK