Skies of Arcadia LEgends 24.99 used at GS/EB

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 CaoPi

CaoPi

KOEI fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

ehh wasn't this reprinted like 2 years ago? Now the price went up again guess its getting more rare?

http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=916235

MY TRADE LIST ------ (pictures included)

#2 wampa8jedi

wampa8jedi

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:12 PM

Great games should always get more valuable :)

#3 botticus

botticus

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:23 PM

Went up from 17.99 to 24.99 a few months ago, I think.

#4 pinoy530

pinoy530

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Or maybe GS bought more GQD copies. Doesn't seem to be rare at all over by me, since 28 out of the 30 closest eb/gs have atleast 1 copy. Also, one of the two that doesnt have a copy, in the inventory search it says "Yes" for more copies on the way.

Shadow hearts went up from 29.99 to 34.99 to now 39.99 since they bought more GQD copies.

#5 tiktok0

tiktok0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:01 PM

Toys R Us in Concord, NC has about 7 copies of this brand new for 20 I believe, maybe 30, I forget. It had a sticker just like the other games on sale right now there. They had a number of supposed rare games there still new.

#6 Bazz

Bazz

SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 15 July 2006 - 11:06 PM

This awesome game I beat it once on Dream Cast and once on Gamecube I still have my Cube Version I suggest everyone pick it up if you like RPG games one of my favorites.

I need 1 more sign up if anyone could help please. http://www.yourfree360games.com/index.php?ref=244985
SamuelElbaz.Blogspot.com-Do me a favor and check it out. Would love to hear your feedback;)

#7 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:43 AM

Check on ebay, theres quite a few up there, just a bit more for a brand new one

#8 Chacrana

Chacrana

You wa Cock

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:45 AM

I remember being really, really happy when the game because readily available again 2 1/2 years back... and I still haven't played the thing. The demo on the Dreamcast was really fucking good though.

it was probably in there because I'm a flaming homosexual.

#9 slidecage

slidecage

Nothing to say

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:49 AM

i could never get into the flying from island to island. my stupid plane wouldnt fly right LOL
WOOOO I STINK

#10 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:30 AM

Fantastic game, made even better when I bought it for $1 at a store in Pittsburgh. Just a great, solid RPG all around. It's a shame that most people never had a chance to play it since it's still one of the better games on the GC (regardless of the fact that it's a port).

#11 Zmonkay

Zmonkay

Awesome in Small Doses

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:49 AM

Still worth it. I own, and almost beat, it on the Dreamcast. I found it for 10 bucks durring a sale like 2 years ago...and it is still sealed, sitting on my shelf with the couple hundred other games I bought for "cheap" but haven't had a minute to play, hahaha.
For Sale: Like New/Opened Once Japanese Transformer 2010 Reissue Predaking http://www.cheapassg...291#post2498291

yourfree360games referal: SIGN UP AND GET FREE 360 games with easy and free (or dirt cheap) trial offers
http://www.yourfree3....php?ref=233445

#12 David85

David85

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:16 AM

Awesome! I have a friends copy and will most likely never see him again, so I get the game for free. Time to see the crap game.
"It (Wii) would be a complete failure if we didn't sell more units than the Nintendo GameCube". - Satoru Iwata 2005

"If you asked me if Sony's strength in hardware was in decline, right now I guess I would have to say that might be true." - Ken Kutaragi 9-9-06

Finally they speak the truth.

#13 Allnatural

Allnatural

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:35 AM

heh, I bought a copy at EB last year, new (and sealed!) for $20. Damn fine game.

#14 suko_32

suko_32

(soo-koh-32) - noun

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 02:59 AM

I agree, this game made me want to explore everything despite the random battles. That is until, my sister saved over my file. So technically, I've never beat this before. I almost completed every sidequest too, so close.
MGO: LiquidCake

#15 chewster777

chewster777

Do a barrel roll!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:34 AM

What's with them and uping the prices? I saw Guilty Gear X2 went up to like 29.99 and so I didn't buy it.

Prize Rebel - FREE games & accessories!

#16 GHardin

GHardin

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:35 AM

I remember being really, really happy when the game because readily available again 2 1/2 years back... and I still haven't played the thing. The demo on the Dreamcast was really fucking good though.

Same thing with me, sort of...I bought this for $10 at Fry's about two years ago, and it's still sitting there on my game rack, unplayed. :P

#17 David85

David85

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:10 AM

I agree, this game made me want to explore everything despite the random battles.

Without random battles I would say the game is C+ or B-, with thoserandom battles from hell it's an F-, it's unplayable.
"It (Wii) would be a complete failure if we didn't sell more units than the Nintendo GameCube". - Satoru Iwata 2005

"If you asked me if Sony's strength in hardware was in decline, right now I guess I would have to say that might be true." - Ken Kutaragi 9-9-06

#18 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:26 AM

i could never get into the flying from island to island. my stupid plane wouldnt fly right LOL

haha they teach you right at the beginning ;)

#19 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 05:58 AM

What's with them and uping the prices? I saw Guilty Gear X2 went up to like 29.99 and so I didn't buy it.

Standard for both EB and GS for years, really. Game prices fluctuate due to holidays, stock available, recent sales, things like that. There have been quite a few times where some of the most expensive, "rare" games in their stock were sold for quite a low price for a while before anybody started worrying about their rarity or quality.

Oh well, something like Guilty Gear should drop again, along with most of the titles they end up jacking up. Most of the time price changes either stick around for a very long time or, at best, just a few months. Then it'll drop back to the previous price or even less.

Personally, I just wait most of them out. There are enough EBs/GSs around here that stock on almost any game is never a problem and while there are avid gamers and collectors abound they don't swarm stores as if it was Black Friday or something.

#20 Gregalor

Gregalor

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:23 AM

I didn't even know this was rare... I got this for $15 about a year ago.

#21 tiktok0

tiktok0

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 12:46 PM

Without random battles I would say the game is C+ or B-, with thoserandom battles from hell it's an F-, it's unplayable.

I see a lot of complaints about the frequency of the random battles, which were more than they needed to be for sure. But, for 95% of the game you would have one character who could do a special attack that could kill almost every monster in one round by themselves. Once that character had a full screen attack, about 1/3rd through the game, my random battles turned into having everybody block and then the one character unleash the one special attack - every monster died. Those random battles took about 5 seconds to win.

My problem with the game was the difficulty level. Everything was so easy. They put in those myriad of random battles and yet you could win them in one single attack. The bosses were also too easy, since you could generally win by using two special attacks each round: one that negates all magic and one that removes all maladies, everybody else just attacks.

Despite that, I'd say the game deserves a B-/B. Worth playing, but not a FF or Suikoden or anything.

#22 schuerm26

schuerm26

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 01:08 PM

Or maybe GS bought more GQD copies. Doesn't seem to be rare at all over by me, since 28 out of the 30 closest eb/gs have atleast 1 copy. Also, one of the two that doesnt have a copy, in the inventory search it says "Yes" for more copies on the way.

Shadow hearts went up from 29.99 to 34.99 to now 39.99 since they bought more GQD copies.

I think people are to quick to assume it is a GQD reprint. Pretty much everytime a somewhat rare game pops up in places. Why would they reprint this? There would have been absolutely no reason to. It is a very common game. Same with Shadow Hearts. Why would they reprint that? It's not that hard to find and hasn't ever really gotten above $50 or so dollars on ebay. It would make no sense to reprint those.

#23 maigoyume

maigoyume

The Lost Dreamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 03:45 PM

I see a lot of complaints about the frequency of the random battles, which were more than they needed to be for sure. But, for 95% of the game you would have one character who could do a special attack that could kill almost every monster in one round by themselves. Once that character had a full screen attack, about 1/3rd through the game, my random battles turned into having everybody block and then the one character unleash the one special attack - every monster died. Those random battles took about 5 seconds to win.

My problem with the game was the difficulty level. Everything was so easy. They put in those myriad of random battles and yet you could win them in one single attack. The bosses were also too easy, since you could generally win by using two special attacks each round: one that negates all magic and one that removes all maladies, everybody else just attacks.

Despite that, I'd say the game deserves a B-/B. Worth playing, but not a FF or Suikoden or anything.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, not to mention once you get the white cap? (makes random battles MUCH less) it won't be very tedious and also once you receive the delphinus, you dont' even have to worry about random battles anymore

#24 dcswirl

dcswirl

You'll Never Walk Alone

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 04:25 PM

Great game but for the battle frequency.

#25 paddlefoot

paddlefoot

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:19 PM

It's games like Skies, Chu-Chu Rocket, Resident Evil Code Veronica (at the time it was only for DC), Marvel vs. Capcom 2, Shenmue, etc. that made me love my Dreamcast even if it was short lived. It even had on-line play through a modem :D

If your into RPG's, this game needs to be played.

#26 fatbeer

fatbeer

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

Gamestop/eb jack up the cost for all those so called "rare" games.Most of these price hike are within 1-2 months

marvel vs capcom 2
old price-$50
new price-$60
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=938470
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=950290

zelda collector's
old price-$40
new price-$45
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=916358

zelda master quest
old price-$30
newprice-$40
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=916082

zone of enders
old price-$25
new price-$35
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=938521

shadow hearts 1
old price-$25
new price-$40
http://www.gamestop....oduct_id=938299
Posted Image

Posted Image

#27 David85

David85

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:31 PM

I think I played the game for about an hour and wanted to throw i in the trash. It's a terribly made game. SoA and Eternal Darkness are both called these amazing games. I would like to know why. Both are so badly made that you can't play them. ED has a terrible camra that makes the game imposible and SoA has the dumbass battles. it's not that the battles would be hard it's the fact it took me out of the game. I would be having fun flying the boat around and every 10 seconds there would be a random battle. The setup to the battle would take longer than the battle. The game is supposed to make you feel like you are in that universe and anytime I started to get that feeling those pointless battles would show up.

#28 briansraregames

briansraregames

Yay! We didn't lose 100!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:42 PM

You can still get it from me for $17.95!

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=170008775410

http://cgi.ebay.com/...em=180008235721
"God would never let me be successful; he'd kill me first. He'd never let me be happy." - George Costanza

#29 Dead of Knight

Dead of Knight

Posted 16 July 2006 - 06:45 PM

This game is awesome. I enjoyed the added content in the GCN release, plus they lowered the random encounter rate a bit. If you thought the GCN's rate was bad, don't even take a look at the DC version.
RIP Hiroshi Yamauchi

This is the greatest thing ever. Certainly in the OTT at least.

#30 wbc1228

wbc1228

Posted 16 July 2006 - 07:06 PM

This game is awesome. I enjoyed the added content in the GCN release, plus they lowered the random encounter rate a bit. If you thought the GCN's rate was bad, don't even take a look at the DC version.

I was thinking the same thing (the DC encounter rate was higher than the GC version).
I played thru the DC version a few years back.
I haven't gotten a chance to play the GC version (didn't feel like replaying the whole game just to play a few side missions).