Cuss words on TV that they can get away with now

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:01 AM

I was watching tonight's presentation of Phonebooth on FX...man they can say words like A**hole and shit like that on cable... on local channels (NBC/ABC,etc) they can say bitch (Or SOB), and so on...

Things I know they sensor are words like Fuck (but usually the bleeper doesn't get all of it so it sounds like FUUUC***beep****)

I know Jesus is bleeped or muted..........what else is sensored on tv and what is now on the ok list that wasn't on the ok list?

#2 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:11 AM

Sometimes, it seems like it depends on the station. I try my best not to watch most movies on channels like TBS, USA, TNT, etc. Because they butcher the hell out of it.

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#3 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:13 AM

Sometimes, it seems like it depends on the station. I try my best not to watch most movies on channels like TBS, USA, TNT, etc. Because they butcher the hell out of it.

the only time i watch is when it's so heavily edited that it becomes amusing... i.e. big lebowski on cable

"Shut the freak up Donnie!"

i wish there was more profanity on tv

#4 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:18 AM

the only time i watch is when it's so heavily edited that it becomes amusing... i.e. big lebowski on cable

To me, the only time its amusing is when they use someone that sounds nothing like the actor to overdub. Though when its bleeped out, it can be hilarious...

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#5 GuilewasNK

GuilewasNK

No gimmicks necessary.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:30 AM

NYPD Blue was the only broadcast show that I know that made use of asshole (and shit I think). I was surprised when I heard f-bombs on Comedy Central a while back.

Posted Image

It is illegal to assault the internet. - Xi Yanchun

click for my list ---> Posted Image RPGS added!

#6 Shinkuu Ryao

Shinkuu Ryao

Yare yare daze

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:34 AM

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia has been using shit for quite a while.

#7 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:40 AM

NYPD Blue was the only broadcast show that I know that made use of asshole (and shit I think). I was surprised when I heard f-bombs on Comedy Central a while back.

Unless it was during their Secret Stash, they dropped some major titanium balls lol

#8 Graystone

Graystone

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:41 AM

FX only censors the word Fuck. Everything else is fair game.

#9 RiCeBo1

RiCeBo1

NAME PRONOUNCED RICEBOY

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:49 AM

Spike TV seems to be like FX lately

Posted Image

#10 DT778

DT778

number 1 on the westside

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:49 AM

when south park the movie was on comedy central late at night they were didn't censor Fuck.

#11 I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

William "Hog" Macy

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:17 AM

Yeah Comedy Central shows anything if it's on at late-night.

#12 KrazyKefka

KrazyKefka

The Lurking Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:27 AM

"This is what happens when you find a stanger in the alps!"

Comedic gold.
Posted Image
Simply OTM, L.L.C.

#13 Kapwanil

Kapwanil

You: Harm / Us: Nuke

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:29 AM

NYPD Blue also had a few mentions of "dickhead" as well, where appropriate. It's typically censored in the TNT reairings, though, although they leave enough that you know what it is.

Also, TBS shies away from profanity but whenever they show Mr. Show with Bob & David it depends. The censors missed a few words in some episodes so "shit" and "fuck" have come through several times.

#14 Vyrtigo

Vyrtigo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 05:57 AM

Nip/Tuck says shit all the time on F/X.

I also find it funny that often when someone says Goddamnit, God is the part that is censored.

#15 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:04 AM

I never watch movies on TV unless their completely uncut for some special reason (Saving Private Ryan on Veterans Day, for example.) I want the full experience.

But yeah, I've been noticing that cable is becoming more lenient when it comes to swearing lately. I think anytime after 11 o'clock is when they're allowed to say shit.

#16 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:29 AM

I never watch movies on TV unless their completely uncut for some special reason (Saving Private Ryan on Veterans Day, for example.) I want the full experience.

But yeah, I've been noticing that cable is becoming more lenient when it comes to swearing lately. I think anytime after 11 o'clock is when they're allowed to say shit.

On cable they can say anything they want to at any time because the FCC does not regulate cable.(and they should regulate anything.)

Posted Image

#17 alucard8319

alucard8319

Posted 25 July 2006 - 06:30 AM

Maybe some day
http://www.gorillama...owskifuck.shtml

#18 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 01:57 PM

"This is what happens when you find a stanger in the alps!"

Comedic gold.

lmfAO!!!

too funny

#19 PKRipp3r

PKRipp3r

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 02:00 PM

Maybe some day
http://www.gorillama...owskifuck.shtml

that was so fucking awesome!!!

#20 lockarm

lockarm

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:23 PM

^^ That reminds me of Scarface...

#21 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 03:53 PM

i know when they show Futurama on Adult Swim they edit Sweet Zombie Jesus, well just the jesus part. Though I am pretty sure it aired regularly on Fox
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#22 TimPV3

TimPV3

Posted 25 July 2006 - 04:14 PM

The one that sticks out in my mind was from Little Nicky:

"Popeye's chicken is HOT chicken"

#23 Sarang01

Sarang01

My Use Name Is Saber

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:25 PM

Actually networks have done the f word. I remember watching an episode of "3rd Rock From the Sun" and thought to myself "Did I just hear what I thought I did?". Yes it was the f word. I didn't hear ANY bleeping of it.
Posted Image

"Friends let friends eat each other out.".

#24 ITDEFX

ITDEFX

Missed out on the Great Walmart glitch of 11/6 due to FLAT TIRE

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:32 PM

Its funny how the FCC can fine Howard Stern for all that shit he says and does on radio and the superbowl incident with jackson, but now they can get away with saying Fuck with no problems hehe..

#25 twiztidjester

twiztidjester

Custom This!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:54 PM

Its funny how the FCC can fine Howard Stern for all that shit he says and does on radio and the superbowl incident with jackson, but now they can get away with saying Fuck with no problems hehe..

Like i said before they only have power over free tv not pay tv

Posted Image

#26 Admiral Ackbar

Admiral Ackbar

It's a trap!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 10:57 PM

On the local public access channel on Fridays they show a heavy metal program hopsetd by some old guy who looks like living death.

They had a band on last week that dropped the f bomb every other second and not a singlle one was bleeped.

The 2014 E3 Theme: "Coming in 2015."

#27 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:02 PM

I also find it funny that often when someone says Goddamnit, God is the part that is censored.

I was going to say that exact thing. I wonder if they realize that they are censoring God...

#28 Z-Saber

Z-Saber

No longer a CAG regular

• CAGiversary!

Posted 25 July 2006 - 11:32 PM

My ABSOLUTE FAVORITE censored dub is from one of the Die Hard movies, the one with the plane and it's winter or something. I hadn't ever seen it so I'm not sure.

Anyway, I know what the line really is, but Willis definitely jumped out of the plane and said something like "Yippie-kay-yay, Mr. Falcon." And at some other point, he was talking to I think the police chief or someone and I couldn't understand a single word. Not only did it not sound like Willis, but it didn't sound like English. It was like they tried to put in words that fit his mouth movements without considering meaning.

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/z_saber
Origin: Z_Saber_64

#29 epobirs

epobirs

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:10 AM

Ever since the episode of South Park where 'shit' was said 160+ times with an onscreen counter, all bets are off.
If I thought I needed to get out in the sunshine I'd play Boktai.

#30 FriskyTanuki

FriskyTanuki

Get bopped, son.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 26 July 2006 - 12:56 AM

The FCC had Saving Private Ryan removed from airing on ABC last year in a majority of US cities on Veterans Day because of vulgar and violence complaints. They ended up playing Hoosiers instead.