Photo
- - - - -

Snakes on a Plane Predictions

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you think Snakes on a Plane will fair at the box office?

How do you think Snakes on a Plane will fair at the box office?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Maklershed

Maklershed

Feed me a stray cat

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:08 AM

How do good/bad do you think Snakes on a Plane will be?

EDIT: Disregard question in poll title .. go with question here in the post

Posted Image

#2 Jeoff

Jeoff

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

If it's campy and funny it could be a classic. If they try to make it into an action thriller it will be trash.

#3 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:14 AM

I think they know what they're aiming for -- one giant, tongue-in-cheek film. It should be good in that it will be bad, if that makes sense.

#4 CaseyRyback

CaseyRyback

Your New Nightmare!

• Super Moderators

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:15 AM

Have yall seen the poster that looks like the safety brochure in planes? It is awesome.

Also I feel how rabbitt feels about how the movie will be.

Posted Image

#5 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:19 AM

Have yall seen the poster that looks like the safety brochure in planes? It is awesome.

Also I feel how rabbitt feels about how the movie will be.

Posted Image

Also, I want this shirt:

Posted Image

#6 botticus

botticus

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:34 AM

I think we all agree with Samuel L. on this one. There's motherfuckin' snakes on the motherfuckin' plane.

Edit: Shit... this movie's coming out soon. I need to start deciding if this will be the first movie I've paid more than a dollar to see in the theater since Spider-Man 2 (that I can remember).

#7 graf1k

graf1k

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:37 AM

I voted the last option but I think the movie is going to be good campy fun. I can't wait for the sequel, "Snakes on a fucking Shark" or the spinoff/ripoff "Snakes on a Train"

#8 flowery

flowery

Abbey Road

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:44 AM

Should have went straight to DVD or an Saturday Afternoon movie on TBS or USA. I was pissed when I finally saw the trailer in theaters...Samuel L never said "Snakes on a mother fucking Plane". Poster is cool though.

#9 JebusMcLucifer

JebusMcLucifer

I'm your Superbeast

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:46 AM

It will be good because there's mother fucking snakes on a plane!
Posted Image
I like my women like I like my coffee... ground up and in the freezer.

#10 getmeoutofjoliet

getmeoutofjoliet

White girl got my mind

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:51 AM

Can't wait for "Barracudas On A Hovercraft" and "Scorpions In A Jetta".

This movie should have never made it to the big screen. I wonder who the writer sucked off to sell this movie.

#11 whoknows

whoknows

TIme and Eternity #1 Fan

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:52 AM

I like this poster the best:

Posted Image
Anything in french just seems funnier to me :lol:

you are a pillar of the video game/gaming community. 

Thanks you are truly a pillar of the community!

#12 WAJedi

WAJedi

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:55 AM

The only way this won't be the best movie ever, is if Sam Jackson makes a movie called More Mother Fucking Snakes on another Mother fucking plane. Also, I just found out the director of this has done a couple of other movies. Final Destination 2..and the real surprise...Homeward Bound 2.
Posted Image

#13 AlbinoNinja

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:56 AM

i read a short article about a ten minute showing.
in those 10 minutes Samuel L. Jackson:
Spoiler

For a while, i thought it would be horrible and we were all wasting our time, but now I'm almost positive, Snakes on a Plane will go down in history. Where, however, I have no idea.

Also, the better start with some fucking commercials soon

I like this poster the best:

Posted Image
Anything in french just seems funnier to me :lol:

:rofl: i need to find that for my french teacher. She's been excited about this movie too

#14 rabbitt

rabbitt

A Symphony of Horror

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:58 AM

If you haven't already, skim through the Wikipedia article. There's some pretty interesting stuff.

#15 TheCochese

TheCochese

I make things out of wood

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:07 AM

http://en.wikipedia....onaplane1js.jpg

That's fucking hilarious.

#16 tehweezner

tehweezner

Mother Leopard

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:18 AM

i think it'll do pretty decent its first weekend due to the hype, but continued success will depend on if it sucks or not :bouncy:

#17 bobo2k4

bobo2k4

OooSplendiforous

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:30 AM

It's going to be so bad its good.
Posted Image
Props to Ozzkev for the sig.

#18 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:39 AM

We need a 10min preview clip.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#19 AlbinoNinja

AlbinoNinja

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

much like the music video?

#20 captainfrizo

captainfrizo

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

Or it's going to be so bad it's bad.

#21 Xevious

Xevious

Most Damned CAG Evar

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 05:48 AM

This movie is original. You gotta give it that.

Damn you xevious...

Damn you Xevious... damn you to hell.....

Damn you Xevious be quiet.

So you know EBM? Damn you Xevious...

#22 Ikohn4ever

Ikohn4ever

No Women, No Children

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:01 AM

i wonder if there will be an increase in attacks by snakes on planes now, like video games brain wash kids to kill people.
"Men have become the tools of their tools." - Thoreau
Smash Code
1805-1831-0940 Ikohn
Posted ImagePosted Image DVDs My Games

#23 Sofa King Kool

Sofa King Kool

Is srsly...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

I myself will not be taking this movie seriously, but then again, who is? There's snakes on a plane! And Samuel L Jackson!

Posted Image

#24 Skelah

Skelah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:13 AM

I dont see whats original about it they have movies just like it on sci fi channel weekly.
Those have camp and they aint making no money or fanbase.

The studio here is relying on hype its like 'were gonna make a bad movie were gonna tell u its a bad movie so you will know what to exspect when u see it so u can make fun of it instead of get into it'.

I dont think its gonna work even if it makes a lil at first due to hype nobodys gonna be buying the dvd if it sucks and thats how they make there money back.
Posted Image
http://jackpot.netwi...gnupCode=Skelah
click here to play the netwinner free instant win lottery game so far ive won two 25 dollar giftcards and 25 dollars instantly. You sign up with ur e mail and play people have won hundreds so click my invite link before they stop letting new members play.
watching adds is how its free so no scamssss

#25 HumanSnatcher

HumanSnatcher

Disappear here...

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 08:25 AM

I honestly hate how they're all ready calling it a "cult" film. Hollywood hype at its best folks. To me, a movie doesn't hit "cult" status UNTIL AFTER its released

When I was in High School a friend got a 100% on a D.A.R.E. test and they gave him a D.A.R.E. duffel bag. Two years later, a drug dealer that was a friend of ours at the time asked to borrow something to transport 2kg of cocaine in and he handed over his D.A.R.E. bag. He brought it back to him with an oz of weed in it as a thank you.

#26 mykevermin

mykevermin

Queen of Scotland

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 11:05 AM

I honestly hate how they're all ready calling it a "cult" film. Hollywood hype at its best folks. To me, a movie doesn't hit "cult" status UNTIL AFTER its released

...and nobody watches it for five-ten years after its release.

Truth be told, the fervor for this movie *is* rather cult-like in its intensity as well as the reasoning (so bad it must be good).

I'm torn. I think the movie will be garbage, and thus best when viewed in a theater full of surly and mostly intoxicated loudmouths. But, I don't want to pay to see junk, so I kinda want to hear what viewers think before paying for a ticket, so I run the risk of seeing it in the theater, sparsely attended by mostly quiet folks. Like "Rocky Horror"; good in one context, awful in another.

If only the crowd is as boisterous as the hillbillies-who-evidently-had-many-important-things-to-say and were-proud-of-their-intellectual-prowess-when-they-realized-the-plot-which-had-just-been-stated-verbatim-on-the-fucking-screen, who saw "Pirates 2" last week when I went, then I have nothing to worry about.
Posted Image

#27 evanft

evanft

Wombat needs Nutrisystem.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 02:28 PM

I really hope i turns into Rocky Horror, with people shouting out the lines and waering costumes.

#28 Fatesealer

Fatesealer

Game spoiling expert :-(

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:15 PM

I really hope i turns into Rocky Horror, with people shouting out the lines and waering costumes.

Kinda hard to since most of the 'costumes' appear to be normal clothing. Unless you can get away with a Gap shirt as one of the cast members, it's gonna be tough.
Posted Image

#29 Gothic Walrus

Gothic Walrus

Goo Goo G'Joob.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 04:50 PM

Kinda hard to since most of the 'costumes' appear to be normal clothing. Unless you can get away with a Gap shirt as one of the cast members, it's gonna be tough.

Oh, come on...you're forgetting two important elements, my friend:

Snakes

and

Planes

ah, a voice of logic in the form of a walrus

#30 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 02 August 2006 - 06:30 PM

OK here's a question, would Snakes on a Plane be a good movie if instead of Sam Jackson, it stared Bruce Campbell?
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image