Photo
- - - - -

[Now Back. Comp.] Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Conflict (Xbox) $4.99 @ Amazon

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:25 AM

EDIT ON 08/09/06: Now down to $4.99

http://www.amazon.co...duct/B000641ZCM

$4.99 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

Edit for April of 2007: Now Back. Comp.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#2 Renegade_Zero

Renegade_Zero

D1 Scholarship

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 07:54 AM

is this bc?
Super Smash Bros Brawl FC
Chuck 2191-7319-7874
Posted Image

#3 mannam23

mannam23

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:48 AM

Before Christ?

#4 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:46 AM

is this bc?

Nope. (Backwards Compatible)

But it is a good game.

#5 argyle

argyle

Posted 03 August 2006 - 12:20 PM

Awesome - this is one I've been looking to pick up ever since I got my Xbox back in July. Can't beat $8 shipped (w/ Amazon Prime). Thanks a lot OP! :)
Posted Image

#6 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:04 PM

Such an amazing game.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Puffa469

Puffa469

is too Pro Shops

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:48 PM

Is this the game they built from the ground up to play well on a console? Its third person right? With a stress on melee combat?

Originally Posted by wubb Posted Image
Puffa is pretty much always dead on.

#8 dsullo

dsullo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 01:50 PM

too bad its not backwards compatible. I only have a 360 and never had a chance to play it.

#9 alfonsosoriano

alfonsosoriano

You Like This Face?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:14 PM

Sweet! I've been wanting this. Thanks.

#10 emperordahc

emperordahc

Dad with kids.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:15 PM

Is this the game they built from the ground up to play well on a console? Its third person right? With a stress on melee combat?

That's this one. The first UC game was really choppy and just felt bad. This one was MADE for the XBox. Top notch controls, seamless 1st & 3rd person (tap a button to switch back and forth) and great Melee. However, you *can* shut Melee off if you want classic UT experience. I got this for $10 a few months back from an ebgames.com sale. Great quick games against bots. Totally recommended.

cagSig.png515886.png

#11 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 02:53 PM

Good story mode with actually well-designed cutscenes.

Sometimes the level difficulty is stupidly hard though, but this is a surprisingly deep game. Extremely good. The fact that it didn't make GH is a tragedy.

Live play these days for it is probably restricted to the hardest of the hardcore, but the bots are excellent, as is the gameplay. There's plenty of content here. Two thumbs up, especially at this price.

#12 PINKO

PINKO

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:11 PM

is this bc?

we have to be Politcly correct its now B.C.E.

Before Common Era
WANT A FREE XBOX LIVE 48 HOUR CODE PM ME I HAVE OVER 300

#13 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

I just got it at Gamestop too this past month. It's honestly worth $20. $7.99 is a steal and even if you have a 360 buy it anyway and hope and pray that Microsoft makes this game backwards compatiable too.

It really is that good. I was shocked by the level of balance in the gameplay and the sheer number of mutators and single player modes. There's a tourny for each of the 14 (or more after some downloads) characters in the game which means a variety of matches and conditions. Then there's the story mode with Anubis which is so damn awesome that this game could have been a straight up balls to the wall action title because in one of the missions in Anubis mode you fight a bunch of robots while moving from room to room under a time limit. Hella cool. Then there's the challenges and Unreal's classic smarter-than-you AI.

Plus, who could resist knocking rockets back at people like they are tennis balls?

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#14 mcgavin27

mcgavin27

twomanjobs.com

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

It is a great game. For $8 there is no reason not to own it, save for not owning a xbox.

logo.png

#15 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:30 PM

i can vouch for this game as well...too bad it came out so close to halo 2 or this would have been "that game" that people would be playing all the time

#16 romeogbs19

romeogbs19

Henshin A Go-Go Baby!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

Terrific game -- if not one of the most beatiful looking titles on the Xbox. Not sure if this one was sphearheaded by CliffyB, but it's from Epic, and certainly innovates on the tried and true Unreal franchise.

#17 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 03 August 2006 - 10:34 PM

I should def get this at the price. Thanks OP.

And Sweetooth you're right. If it didn't launch near Halo 2 this game would have been huge.

seanr1221.png

#18 trq

trq

I *am* the reinforcements

• CAGiversary!

Posted 03 August 2006 - 11:04 PM

Alright, you guys should work for Epic or something. After all the chatting up this game was getting here, I decided to squeeze the trigger: it's a worthy gamble for eight bones.

#19 Lou-Dawg

Lou-Dawg

Backlogger

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:40 AM

Yeah all the Epic praise in this thread made me bite the bullet and order Unreal today. I'm such a dork that I added this in to get free shipping:

Posted Image

LouTheVI.png

:robot:

#20 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

damn i'd go for this if it was free shipping. but $5 shipping kind of kills it

#21 Michaellvortega

Michaellvortega

Halo 3 is coming........

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:36 AM

MS was orginaly the publisher, I wonder why they pulled out? I thought that maybe that game must have sucked bad.
DISCLAIMER:These postings are provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
Posted Image

#22 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

MS was orginaly the publisher, I wonder why they pulled out? I thought that maybe that game must have sucked bad.

Midway bought the rights to publish the Unreal games until 2008, including UC2. I have a feeling Microsoft didn't feel like publishing a competitor to Halo 2 so shortly after its release. Microsoft has passed on publishing a lot of great games for the Xbox (Psychonauts, Phantom Dust, etc).

For you number whores out there, this game get an 87% on Gamerankings.

If anyone wants to play on Live sometime, you can send me a friend request.

#23 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:25 PM

Amazon Prime doesn't kid around. I got this game in less than 24 hours.

#24 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 06:09 PM

so can i cancel amazon prime before the trial is up? shipping would be worth it t save, but i dont want to be stuck in a hassle

#25 kaw

kaw

Want some rye?

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:44 PM

so can i cancel amazon prime before the trial is up? shipping would be worth it t save, but i dont want to be stuck in a hassle

Yes. In your account settings, there is a link to subscriptions, you can choose to opt-out of Prime at any time during your free trial.

#26 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:47 PM

Yes. In your account settings, there is a link to subscriptions, you can choose to opt-out of Prime at any time during your free trial.

Been considering this game for a long time, may have to get it now. If I can find something else to getwith it to get free shipping I'll go for it.
Posted Image

#27 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 09 August 2006 - 11:56 PM

Updated the OP with the new price.
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#28 argyle

argyle

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:09 AM

Crap, I coulda saved $3. ;)

Oh well, anyone with an Xbox who doesn't own this game has absolutely no excuse now.
Posted Image

#29 icruise

icruise

CAG Since Atari 2600

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

I just picked it up. For $4.99, I'll give it a try. (I still have a few days of Amazon Prime left, so free shipping!) By the way, for the people who already bought this at the earlier price, Amazon will probably adjust what you paid if you email customer service.

#30 SteveGo

SteveGo

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 12:13 AM

No tax and free 2-day shipping with prime, couldn't resist even though it isn't BC yet, thanks for the updated price OP.