71 replies to this topic

#1 Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

Sofa King Cheap

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:53 AM

http://www.bestbuy.c...d=1093469635179

$4.99
"Kyle, I have a full day of watching TV tomorrow. I don't have time to go on a poo hunt right now, okay?" -- a memorable quote from South Park's "A Very Crappy Christmas" episode

#2 DustBoogie

DustBoogie

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:16 AM

At this price, I think I'll just buy it and hope they make it BC someday.

#3 Scorch

Scorch

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:18 AM

It's worth $4.99 and so much more. I picked it up at full price and loved it. Traded it, recently picked it up again.. such a great game.

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#4 swetooth9

swetooth9

Go Tar Heels!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:20 AM

again...great game, crazy ass price...EVERYONE should buy this game...you'll get your money's worth

#5 NeueZiel

NeueZiel

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:37 AM

Picked it up. God I hope this goes BC. I have a reg xbox, but I really want to put it away since it takes up so much room.
Posted Image

#6 mrmike

mrmike

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 06:47 AM

This game is money. Buy it.

#7 keiblerfan69

keiblerfan69

Chevy Born & Raised

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:01 AM

Bought 2. One for me and one as a gift for a friend.

Posted Image
Posted Image
HAF 932 Full Tower | Q9400 OC to 3.4 ghz
4GB Corsair XMS 2 | XFX 260 896mb
Western Digital Black 640GB | 2TB Western Digital Green
Corsair 650TX 650W | Windows 7 64-Bit | ASUS 22.5" Monitor

#8 rly723

rly723

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:07 AM

finally got in on a deal lol

missed out on the PSP game deals from CC lst week

#9 Skelah

Skelah

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:14 AM

great game the only thing i didnt like about it is the weapon strike is to powerful of a mix with powerups guns should be the main in these games instead theres people running and choping over n over ruins the fun a lil.
Posted Image
http://jackpot.netwi...gnupCode=Skelah
click here to play the netwinner free instant win lottery game so far ive won two 25 dollar giftcards and 25 dollars instantly. You sign up with ur e mail and play people have won hundreds so click my invite link before they stop letting new members play.
watching adds is how its free so no scamssss

#10 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 08:19 AM

If you want Microsoft to work on this title for backwards compatibility email them and ask for it.

#11 oxidative

oxidative

last chance to evacuate

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 11:13 AM

Picked one up. Thanks for the deal. I've been wanting this game since it came out, but I've been too cheap to pick it up :(

#12 psunami

psunami

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:03 PM

I caved. Thanks for the info OP.

#13 urzishra14

urzishra14

Who are you? I'm Batman.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:18 PM

i've had this for a while.. bit when it was 25% off 14.99 at blockbuster ... its a good game with a TON of content downloads.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#14 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:23 PM

great game the only thing i didnt like about it is the weapon strike is to powerful of a mix with powerups guns should be the main in these games instead theres people running and choping over n over ruins the fun a lil.

There are ways around that. You just need to be more agile than your slice happy friends and not be afraid to get plugging away at them with your explosive type weapons. Although it could be toned down a bit next time. Instead of them doing as much damage the real fear that they bring you will be the stun attack from three consecutive hits. Also they should add a throw manuever that doesn't do a lot of damage unless you hit a wall or a person. What it really does it build up stun damage.

Well back to the topic. I'm going to buy a second copy because damn this is cheap.

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!

#15 Jalu

Jalu

jalu1-5 was already taken

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

Great deal. Very underrated game.

#16 radjago

radjago

Long-time CAG

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:28 PM

I still haven't found anything as satisfying in a game as reflecting a sniper shot.

#17 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:36 PM

Sweet, I'll just look at this as my reward for holding out on the Amazon deal last week.

#18 KaneRobot

KaneRobot

The Profit$ of Doom

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:40 PM

Fine. I can't resist anymore. I keep putting it off, I don't think it's going to get much lower than this.

Want it if for no other reason than the Mortal Kombat characters that are unlockable.
Posted Image

#19 Derwood43

Derwood43

is a dad! Be afraid.

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:41 PM

Picked one up, thanks OP

Posted Image

#20 psiufoxx2

psiufoxx2

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:43 PM

I've read some reviews and I gotta admit I'm not really the biggest multiplayer arena shooter fan.

Is the single player in the game simply a progressive bot deathmatch? Or does it hold its own?

I'd really only pick this up if the single player is worth $5.

#21 Tyga24

Tyga24

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:30 PM

I was thinking of going and picking this up but I was wondering if this price is the same in-store or do the prices differ from the website? Also, does BB match their online prices like CC?

#22 RollingSkull

RollingSkull

No Decisive Evidence

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 02:49 PM

The singleplayer offers great bot-play, both in instant action and levels. However, there's simply no getting around it. This is an arena DM/CTF game with half guns, half swords.

Note, if you don't like people slicing each other (And be honest, swords are just as useful as guns. You don't see that sort of balance just anywhere.), remember, you are insanely agile. Pick a fast character like Selket ("Running won't help you... I'm faster." Sorry, just love that line.) or Lauren and leap around like a crazy woman. You have speed, wall jumps, double jumps. Most folks won't be able to slice you if you keep hopping around. While you're doing that, fill the chaser full of explosive splash damage (Splash damage more than direct hits, because if they see what you're doing, they'll try to deflect.)

#23 Mr Unoriginal

Mr Unoriginal

Cheap Amish Gamer

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:14 PM

Had no interest in this game for a while, but the rave reviews here have made me pick one up. Thanks to the OP.

Its too bad you're still a prick with a stupid gimmick.

#24 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:29 PM

So is everyone just eating the shipping cost here, or is there some way around it that I don't know about? I mean this is CAG, and I haven't heard a peep about shipping yet... just wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.

#25 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:31 PM

You can do instore pickup, but I'm going to call my store and ask if they'll match it.

seanr1221.png

#26 BustaUppa

BustaUppa

what it is right now

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:36 PM

Ah yes, instore pickup... hmm, the nearest store that has it in stock is kinda far away. I guess I'll just do it with shipping; from the sound of it there ain't a damn thing wrong with paying $6.98 for this game.

#27 seanr1221

seanr1221

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:42 PM

I just called, my BB is selling it instore for 14.99

So the guy was like, after shipping charges it would be that much anyway

:rofl:

I just said to him I'll do instore pickup and get it for 4.99.

Now I just hope its not sold out before I go to work.

seanr1221.png

#28 Pookymeister

Pookymeister

I like almonds

• Super Moderators

Posted 07 August 2006 - 03:54 PM

Just a friendly notice - i have about 5 copies of the game guide for this that are going in the trash very soon. If anyone wants for shipping costs/paypal fee only, send me a PM.

#29 guessed

guessed

Posted 07 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

I just called, my BB is selling it instore for 14.99

So the guy was like, after shipping charges it would be that much anyway

:rofl:

I just said to him I'll do instore pickup and get it for 4.99.

Now I just hope its not sold out before I go to work.

Usually the online price will match the in-store price. I doubt the guy actually scanned it, he probably just looked at the shelf tag.

#30 FurryCurry

FurryCurry

CAGiversary!

• CAGiversary!

Posted 07 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

Usually the online price will match the in-store price. I doubt the guy actually scanned it, he probably just looked at the shelf tag.

And the shelf tag is $4.99. Say good bye to this game by the end of the week people.

I did in-store pick up by changed my mind as I had no store to sell it to for a profit. I can still pick it up before the week is over but yeah... if you guys know of a place to sell it then let me know please (PM me).

Buy everything! QUICK!

Posted Image

Forget the old lady! Shop! NOW!